corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa B spoiler fitting problem

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa B spoiler fitting problem
VoicelessGrapefruit

User status: Offline
16th Jul 15 at 00:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I recently got a genuine GSI spoiler for my 1.2 Corsa B and it came without the mounting bracket. From what I hear this isn't much of an issue as the spoiler can alternatively be tiger sealed on, however when I lined the spoiler up on the tailgate to see if it would fit alright I noticed that there is a big gap between the underside of the spoiler and the tailgate. I'm just wondering if this is because it's missing the mounting bracket, or if the spoiler simply doesn't fit my Corsa's tailgate. Cheers.
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
16th Jul 15 at 00:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds like the spoiler might be misshapen after storage. It should line up. Brackets would help you out as per the GSi/Sport etc. tailgates but they're not essential.
Jason x
Premium Member

16th Jul 15 at 00:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the gap at the top of the spoiler?
VoicelessGrapefruit

16th Jul 15 at 01:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's at the bottom. That's a photo I took of it. Couldn't get one of it on the car but I'll try tomorrow. Basically if you stooped down and looked up at the spoiler when it's on the car, the red line is where the tailgate would be. As you can see the bottom of the spoiler sits out from it, causing that gap.

[Edited on 16-07-2015 by VoicelessGrapefruit]
Jason x
Premium Member

16th Jul 15 at 09:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the gap is where you've put the red line then it's caused by the lack of backing plate,

Look at this photo - this is a photo I took of just the backing plate on the car when I was putting my spoiler on ages ago.

As you can see it would filll the gap where the red line is because it fills up the top of the spoiler, you can get spoilers that don't require a backing plate (think they are copy ones) but I personally would just be looking at getting a backing plate.

[Edited on 16-07-2015 by Jason x]

New Poll