corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Sunday League

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Sunday League
DC90

User status: Offline
28th Jun 15 at 16:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anybody play Saturday's/Sunday's? I have no doubt we will have somebody who "could have made it but I got an injury when I was 15".

I personally love playing. We had an ok season last season, finished 4th in the league and got into a cup final (we got spanked in the final 11-1 by some semi pro side )

I've played right back for years but have been asked to go holding midfielder next season. Should be fun for someone who hates running
johnny86
Premium Member

28th Jun 15 at 16:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've always played saturday and Sunday football. I didn't play last season and missed it so currently looking for next season. I've only ever played left back. I tried right back but I'm used to calling the line and directing defenders amd find it hard from the rb position.

Marc

28th Jun 15 at 16:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think Nik turned down Real to play Sunday league.
DC90

28th Jun 15 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnny86
I've always played saturday and Sunday football. I didn't play last season and missed it so currently looking for next season. I've only ever played left back. I tried right back but I'm used to calling the line and directing defenders amd find it hard from the rb position.

Why did you miss a season? I went a few years not playing between 18 and 23, ran around like a headless chicken for my first 3/4 games trying to remember how to play properly again
johnny86
Premium Member

28th Jun 15 at 18:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Work got too much so stopped for a while. Now I'm newly single I'm looking to play again..
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

28th Jun 15 at 18:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had trials at notts forrest and played for nothwich victoria youth.

no idea how though i was never that good.

only play 5 a side now coz im overweight and lazy
ShEp

28th Jun 15 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Played for youth team, and did quite well,

Discovered fags and drink and that was that
Joel_Sxi

29th Jun 15 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Started playing again last season after about 6 or 7 years out. We finished 4th which isn't too bad. Looking forward to next season however could do with getting fit as last season was a bit of a struggle
DC90

29th Jun 15 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm looking to really hit the fitness this pre season. I'm usually ok but want to push myself this year. 25 now and I'm starting to feel old
Graeme
Premium Member

28th Jul 15 at 00:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Played a lot when was a kid. Then got back into it about 4 years ago and set up the team with friends. Played RB. Got promoted 3 seasons in a row. Scored a few but then dis located my shlder and have never really been able to take throw ins. So given up. Sticking to motorbikes now! :-)
spencer88

28th Jul 15 at 12:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Play for local team who were in Div 5 (lowest Div)
Only played 1 full season.

Started for them last year in new position of CB.
We finished second, gained promotion and should do ok in the next league with the team we have.

Love playing in defence as I just destroy people. Hardly any skill

Although I did score an absolute classic goal the other week, only for the lino to rule it offside, despite me running past two defenders with the ball.

Just enjoy being out, having a good laugh then a few pints
spencer88

28th Jul 15 at 12:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by johnny86

Should be up to the CB really to call the line. Mainly as LB and RB should be pushing on and helping on the wings.
I prefer playing LB, but have been played at Cb due to being one of the quickest players.

However, playing from LB and trying to sort the defence out is horrendous as you need to be sat central, in constant talks the the GK.
Gaz

31st Jul 15 at 18:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did well as a youngster but once I began driving and found fast food places far to convenient I stopped.
Eck
Premium Member

31st Jul 15 at 19:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had to give up Saturday football as I had too much on. I used to be a winger due to my pace, but we were badly short so I ended up at CB Quite enjoyed it though!
johnny86
Premium Member

31st Jul 15 at 19:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got our 1st pre season friendly sunday
DC90

1st Aug 15 at 10:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same with us johnny! Been back training about 5 weeks and have our first game tomorrow against a team a couple of divs higher than us. Should be fun
DC90

2nd Aug 15 at 15:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Won 4-1 and got an assist within a couple of minutes, good start to the season!
johnny86
Premium Member

2nd Aug 15 at 15:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well done we lost 3 nil they was the better side. Legs are killing me now
DC90

3rd Aug 15 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fitness is the main thing anyway and getting sharp again!

I'm fucking sore today

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Sunday League 23 database queries in 0.0145280 seconds