corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car ramps.

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car ramps.
Mark.W

User status: Offline
23rd Jun 15 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cames across these ramps which look quite good and would be even better it they done a low entry version,anyone tried or got a pair of these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-HEAVY-DUTY-CAR-VAN-4X4-VEHICLE-2-TON-GARAGE-RAMP-HYDRAULIC-JACK-LIFT-RAMPS-/290931299631?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item43bcdb552f
Jason x
Premium Member

23rd Jun 15 at 21:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Low entry version definitely would be cool, I've got some that look pretty much exactly like that but don't have the Jack and it's impossible to get my car on or off them without taking the front bumper off.

I tried whilst I've got the spare black front bumper on and it snapped one of the lugs and pulled the bumper off coming down

[Edited on 23-06-2015 by Jason x]
Mark.W

23rd Jun 15 at 21:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You could try these if you had the room to store them.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Sports-car-long-low-profile-low-angle-incline-lifting-Ramps-2000Kg-a-pair-/251174359693?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3a7b28928d
antnee

24th Jun 15 at 07:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can buy extensions for the standard ramps, although I have seen some mini scissor style lifts that just go under the wheels instead of lifting the whole car.
Generation

24th Jun 15 at 09:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£200 though..
Dee25790

24th Jun 15 at 19:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My uncle has one of the scissor lifts that you can slide under the car. It was spot on, past its best now though.

I don't know if I would trust getting under those looks just as dodgy as having the car on axle stands just 100 quid more expensive
--ToM--

24th Jun 15 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree, wouldn't catch me under them, look cheap and nasty.
Generation

24th Jun 15 at 23:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bought a decent quality low profile Jack, big and durable. £120. Axle stands. Job done for less and safer.
3CorsaMeal

25th Jun 15 at 09:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same^^^ Much easier, plus the ramps aren't in the way. What jobs can you do on those ramps anyway? seeing as you can't take the wheels off.

antnee

25th Jun 15 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Those ramps would be handy to get the car onto some axle stands, but as said a decent jack will do the same job and is easier to use.
SVM 286

26th Jun 15 at 00:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Mark.W
Cames across these ramps which look quite good and would be even better it they done a low entry version,anyone tried or got a pair of these?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-HEAVY-DUTY-CAR-VAN-4X4-VEHICLE-2-TON-GARAGE-RAMP-HYDRAULIC-JACK-LIFT-RAMPS-/290931299631?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item43bcdb552f

Interesting prospect. Not seen them before. Looks like a good idea.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car ramps. 22 database queries in 0.0142989 seconds