corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Drone help

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Drone help
3CorsaMeal

User status: Offline
2nd Jul 15 at 15:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh right, Think i'm going to get this, from this shop

http://slrhut.co.uk/product/ID667C73/view

Seems one of the cheapest deals around
DaveyLC

2nd Jul 15 at 16:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

reputable dealers:
www.byod.co.uk
www.firstpersonview.co.uk
3CorsaMeal

3rd Jul 15 at 10:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers.

What do you think of this kit? Am still getting my head around all the components that i will need etc

http://www.creativeflyers.co.uk/QAV250-Kit
DaveyLC

3rd Jul 15 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Massively over priced..

Use BangGood for the frame and PDB (if you want to use one), they sometimes have UK stock.

Then order the motors, ESC and Naze32 board from HobbyKing (there should be UK Stock).

[Edited on 03-07-2015 by DaveyLC]
3CorsaMeal

3rd Jul 15 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Will have a butchers

I keep looking on ebay, but are so many to choose from and not sure what is what really. I could see me buying something and then finding out what bits i really want/need and end up rebuilding the thing.

DaveyLC

3rd Jul 15 at 10:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You just want a ZMR250 Carbon frame kit.. Buy the motors/ESC and flight-controller separately..

Also you're going to need to invest in some radio gear... The cheapest option is a Turnigy 9XR (then get the FrSky TX/RX).. Or at a slightly higher budget go for a FrSky Taranis .

There are loads of other high end options but you can end up spending the best part of a grand.
3CorsaMeal

3rd Jul 15 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FrSky-Taranis-plus-TX-and-ZMR-250-Racing-Quad-Copter-Racing-Quad-/221812551806?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item33a50ef07e
3CorsaMeal

3rd Jul 15 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

is that good?
DaveyLC

3rd Jul 15 at 10:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It depends really, how much do you value your time (as in the time you'd save building it) and do you trust that hes used decent components and build it right? theres no details in the auction so I couldn't tell you if its shit or not

If you wanted a ready built setup the only person I'd be happy to recommend is Simon at FlyBys:

http://www.flybys.co.uk/main/

They charge £379 for a 250 with a Taranis.

[Edited on 03-07-2015 by DaveyLC]
3CorsaMeal

3rd Jul 15 at 17:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Have wrote him an email explaining you are my friend and recommended him. Waiting for reply.

But fuck me. Not got my own drone but been playing with the phantom a guy has at work and had various people complaining about it. Is quite a small community near work. Been flying it at offices. The bosses house and round a development we built and people from everywhere have phoned up to moan.

They really cause a problem it seems. Stuck within the land/site boundaries so haven't even flown over any else's house.

Do you find they are very controversial? Not sure if i want one now. Can't think of anywhere to use it.
DaveyLC

3rd Jul 15 at 18:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've never, ever, ever had a complaint
SteveoBC
Premium Member

4th Jul 15 at 09:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i wouldnt have too much bother screwing it together i dont think,

i think id stumble on setting it up the flight controller, calibrating it and also sorting out the fpv eqipment

or is it eaier than it sounds Dave?
DaveyLC

4th Jul 15 at 09:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It does get quite involved and you need to be relatively handy with a soldering iron.
SteveoBC
Premium Member

6th Jul 15 at 11:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

looked into this more and found this, the walkera runner 250, looks like a great bit of kit and is ready to fly for £200 and had everything you need
http://www.banggood.com/Walkera-Runner-250-Drone-Racer-Modular-Design-HD-Camera-250-Size-Racing-Quadcopter-p-980608.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Crc-hk-SimiTcus-runner250&utm_content=nydia&utm_design=14&gclid=CMjV19ONxsYCFWHHtAodOdUHpg

can get the goggles for fpv later but they are an additional 3/400 quid

but looking at the reviews looks great

[Edited on 06-07-2015 by SteveoBC]
DaveyLC

6th Jul 15 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seriously use the ZMR250 and Naze32..

[Edited on 06-07-2015 by DaveyLC]
3CorsaMeal

6th Jul 15 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveoBC
looked into this more and found this, the walkera runner 250, looks like a great bit of kit and is ready to fly for £200 and had everything you need
http://www.banggood.com/Walkera-Runner-250-Drone-Racer-Modular-Design-HD-Camera-250-Size-Racing-Quadcopter-p-980608.html?utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=Crc-hk-SimiTcus-runner250&utm_content=nydia&utm_design=14&gclid=CMjV19ONxsYCFWHHtAodOdUHpg

can get the goggles for fpv later but they are an additional 3/400 quid

but looking at the reviews looks great

I looked at banggood, and seems to be a lot of drone sellers that sell from USA or china, so you have to wait weeks and then its possible you have to pay import duty etc
3CorsaMeal

6th Jul 15 at 12:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I worked out RTF is ready to fly, and BNF is bind and fly.

What is ARF? Assembly Required to Fly?

Think i'm down to this
http://www.fpvmodel.com/zmr250-250mm-mini-quadcopter-fpv-arf-rtf_g762.html

or this
http://www.flybys.co.uk/main/?product=tbs-discovery-inc-naza-lite-complete-ready-to-fly
DaveyLC

6th Jul 15 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ARF = Almost Ready to fly.. You need to add radio gear.

The TBS discovery is a bit of a pointless beast.. Its not good enough for AP and its too big/fragile for racing.
3CorsaMeal

6th Jul 15 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is this the one i should of posted?

http://www.flybys.co.uk/main/?product=ultimate-fpv-250-racing-quad-2
3CorsaMeal

6th Jul 15 at 12:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i counted out my coin collection at the weekend and it was £375
SteveoBC
Premium Member

6th Jul 15 at 12:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i dont mind waiting a bit to be able to fly it, it would probably take me a couple of weeks to have the free time to build one, they i would have to get a solering iron from somewhere

the runner250 just seems really easy and comes with a radio control included, out of the box, connect the battery fit the blades and you are off

plus its cheaper already assembled, cant be arsed with fiddling with it, i just want convenience, watching the review videos, looks like the kind of thing im after
SteveoBC
Premium Member

6th Jul 15 at 13:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by 3CorsaMeal
Is this the one i should of posted?

http://www.flybys.co.uk/main/?product=ultimate-fpv-250-racing-quad-2

see £539 assembled with a radio and a fpv camera which is what i would want for the ZMR250

£203inc free delivery with a radio and camera included for the Runner250

200 notes i can justify paying for a ready to fly drone.....£540 is just too much for my wallet for something im just going to piss about with

DaveyLC

6th Jul 15 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by SteveoBC
i dont mind waiting a bit to be able to fly it, it would probably take me a couple of weeks to have the free time to build one, they i would have to get a solering iron from somewhere

the runner250 just seems really easy and comes with a radio control included, out of the box, connect the battery fit the blades and you are off

plus its cheaper already assembled, cant be arsed with fiddling with it, i just want convenience, watching the review videos, looks like the kind of thing im after

Its cheap because its SHIT.. You'll have one crash, break an arm/motor and then spend weeks trying to get a spare..

If you go with the main-stream gear parts are cheap and readily available (you WILL need them).
3CorsaMeal

6th Jul 15 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have learnt with RC stuff that if you buy cheap you end up spending more doing repairs and upgrades.

I usually buy the first thing i see and then learn whats what and end up wanting something else.
SteveoBC
Premium Member

6th Jul 15 at 13:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ok well if i wanted to use the ZMR250 and Naze32 flight controller

who supplies the cheapest kit and what is the best value radio control to get

will leave off the fpv camera as i will upgrade to this and the goggles later as i assume this will make it cheaper until im ready for the wallet to splash out on goggles and go full fpv

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Drone help 22 database queries in 0.0169759 seconds