corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Channel 4: Stranger on the Bridge - Did anyone else watch this toss?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Channel 4: Stranger on the Bridge - Did anyone else watch this toss?
DaveyLC

User status: Offline
   5th May 15 at 10:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Following diagnosis with schizophrenic affective disorder, Jonny felt isolated and alone. On the verge of taking his own life on Waterloo Bridge, a stranger stopped him and talked him down.

Jonny never saw the stranger again, with no chance to thank the Good Samaritan for his help. Jonny gave him the nickname 'Mike', and the 'Finding Mike' campaign began as Jonny launched his quest to find him.

The film follows Jonny's emotional journey to find 'Mike', following lead after lead before eventually being reunited with the helpful stranger.

Let me first start by saying I've got no real discontent for mental illness but the guy this show was about is surely just an attention seeking nut job?

Apparently he tried to jump off the Waterloo bridge a few years back but some bloke called 'Mike' talked him down and turn his whole life around.

After some recent social media post about trying to find this 'Mike' he stirred up media interest in the story and some bright spark at Channel 4 decided it would make an interesting story to produce an hour long show about.

However there is absolutely zero evidence that the event even took place, the bloke even phoned the police to ask if there was a report filled but 'conveniently' he said things like "I can't remember the exact date" and "Oh but you wont be able to tell me anything due to data protection"..

God only knows if the bloke they found really was part of this or just another fruit loop?

[Edited on 05-05-2015 by DaveyLC]
Generation

5th May 15 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why didn't you just change the channel?
ShEp

5th May 15 at 11:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation
DaveyLC

5th May 15 at 11:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Generation

It was like a car crash.. I knew I shouldn't look but something inside me was curious.
SVM 286

5th May 15 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:
Following diagnosis with schizophrenic affective disorder, Jonny felt isolated and alone. On the verge of taking his own life on Waterloo Bridge, a stranger stopped him and talked him down.

Jonny never saw the stranger again, with no chance to thank the Good Samaritan for his help. Jonny gave him the nickname 'Mike', and the 'Finding Mike' campaign began as Jonny launched his quest to find him.

The film follows Jonny's emotional journey to find 'Mike', following lead after lead before eventually being reunited with the helpful stranger.

Let me first start by saying I've got no real discontent for mental illness but the guy this show was about is surely just an attention seeking nut job?

Apparently he tried to jump off the Waterloo bridge a few years back but some bloke called 'Mike' talked him down and turn his whole life around.

After some recent social media post about trying to find this 'Mike' he stirred up media interest in the story and some bright spark at Channel 4 decided it would make an interesting story to produce an hour long show about.

However there is absolutely zero evidence that the event even took place, the bloke even phoned the police to ask if there was a report filled but 'conveniently' he said things like "I can't remember the exact date" and "Oh but you wont be able to tell me anything due to data protection"..

God only knows if the bloke they found really was part of this or just another fruit loop?

[Edited on 05-05-2015 by DaveyLC]

If only he'd given him the nickname 'Nemo' instead of 'Mike'.

Missed opportunity tbh

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Channel 4: Stranger on the Bridge - Did anyone else watch this toss? 22 database queries in 0.0119779 seconds