corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Summer transfers 2015

New Poll
  <<  16    17    18    19    20    21    22  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Summer transfers 2015
Eck
Premium Member

User status: Offline
31st Jul 15 at 07:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pedro is a player of the highest quality imo. He doesn't get the same level of praise as his illustrious team mates, though.
But I'd like to think it wasn't Ramos or bust Smalling is actually a good defender, and could get better and better if he can stay fit, but he needs a top class partner to help develop him. Blind is not that man There's been rumours about Otamendi all summer, but I'm not 100% sure about that one. He was fantastic last year, but hadn't lived up to his potential before that. Maybe now he is though, but one season isn't enough to be certain.
Jones hasn't developed at all though imo.

[Edited on 31-07-2015 by Eck]
Marc

31st Jul 15 at 07:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jones is a better midfielder than a defender and given our options he isn't needed in that position. Which surely means he will be fucking up in defence
Steve
Premium Member

31st Jul 15 at 07:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't think we are interested in Otamendi, but agree we need a CB, but who!
Eck
Premium Member

31st Jul 15 at 08:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You were interested in him, as he was willing to try and force the move, but he was secondary to Ramos.
Eck
Premium Member

31st Jul 15 at 08:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Jones is a better midfielder than a defender and given our options he isn't needed in that position. Which surely means he will be fucking up in defence

I like his rough and ready style of play, but sadly I don't think he's advanced much from his Blackburn days
Eck
Premium Member

31st Jul 15 at 08:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, it looks like United are about to fine ADM two weeks wages. That's him off then. All they've done in the transfer market has been let down by that decision tbh. They will need another truly world class player in his place!
Marc

3rd Aug 15 at 18:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rafael leaving.

Which leaves-

Shaw Jones Rojo Evans Smalling McNair Blackett Darmian Varela

Going to be a goal fest for whoever we play against.
Steve
Premium Member

3rd Aug 15 at 18:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The full backs are ok. Fuck the cbs though
Cavey

3rd Aug 15 at 18:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are we sure they haven't shipped off Fabio and claimed it was Rafael?

I'll need to find someone else to hate now
Eck
Premium Member

3rd Aug 15 at 23:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

United are apparently turning to Pepe now that Ramos won't be leaving Surely a joke?
Steve
Premium Member

4th Aug 15 at 06:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yes
MikeF86

4th Aug 15 at 16:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
United are apparently turning to Pepe now that Ramos won't be leaving Surely a joke?

What can you tell us about Pepe, Mr European Football God...........
Marc

4th Aug 15 at 17:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He's always after that black cat is what he can tell you.
Eck
Premium Member

4th Aug 15 at 17:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by MikeF86
quote:
Originally posted by Eck

I see once again you are attracted to my comments. You tell me, what do you think of Pepe? A good signing at 32 for United? How much of him have you seen? You never did say what banned member you are?
Marc

4th Aug 15 at 17:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd just like to say I know next to nothing about him except his Wiki page
Eck
Premium Member

4th Aug 15 at 17:18   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
I'd just like to say I know next to nothing about him except his Wiki page

He's a thug Tbh you don't need to be a European football god to have seen a fair bit of Madrid He's commanding in the air and very physical, but he's a nutter, and he's 32.
Cavey

4th Aug 15 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm pretty sure that most people on here have seen Pepe playing in the champions league for Real, and for Portugal, and even in La liga on sky.

He's a headstrong fucked who can be a liability due to his foul play, general cheating and cunt-ness
Cavey

4th Aug 15 at 17:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Stoke have signed another Spanish player, from Real this time not Barca
DC90

4th Aug 15 at 17:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd probably trust Eck's knowledge of players more than most on here to be honest!

Sad to see Rafael leave. Would have been nice to have him stick around to try and regain his place in the first team. He clearly loves United and never once did I watch him and think he wasn't giving 100%. He made some silly decisions and Van Gaal didn't like that!

Hoping we add two more to the squad, Pedro and a centre half. Can't see us signing a striker as Memphis will be used there.
Cavey

4th Aug 15 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Supposedly Barca have said they want Pedro to stay, not that that really means anything.

Glad to find the Depay is a midfielder on fantasy football and united two strikers are Rooney and Wilson
Eck
Premium Member

4th Aug 15 at 17:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DC90
I'd probably trust Eck's knowledge of players more than most on here to be honest!

Sad to see Rafael leave. Would have been nice to have him stick around to try and regain his place in the first team. He clearly loves United and never once did I watch him and think he wasn't giving 100%. He made some silly decisions and Van Gaal didn't like that!

Hoping we add two more to the squad, Pedro and a centre half. Can't see us signing a striker as Memphis will be used there.

Especially when they let him go for a rumoured £2m Might as well keep him for that! I too thought he was ok, he just needed to improve his consistency and decision making.
MikeF86

4th Aug 15 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
quote:
Originally posted by MikeF86
quote:
Originally posted by Eck

I see once again you are attracted to my comments. You tell me, what do you think of Pepe? A good signing at 32 for United? How much of him have you seen? You never did say what banned member you are?

I'm not a banned member. I half rate him, he's a decent centre half, but far from the best with plenty of flaws.. Don't think he's the type of player Utd should be looking to sign. Also not sure if he's suited to the prem.

I'm attracted to your comments as you sprout so much copy & paste it's untrue.
Eck
Premium Member

4th Aug 15 at 18:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pray do tell, where am I copying it from? If you don't agree with my opinions, dispute them. I'm happy to have a debate and don't mind if I'm proved wrong. But pissy comments make you sound like an infant.
Decent 32 year old CB's are not something United should be after. And tbh it would be quite embarrassing after the whole Ramos or nothing issue with DDG.
MikeF86

4th Aug 15 at 18:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It would be a one season stop gap at the most and not what they need. IMO, they have enough at the back to keep out most teams, they will struggle in bigger games but I think CL qualification would be good for them again. The aim for this Utd team would to keep possession which then limits the other teams chances, meaning a weaker CB pairing 'should' be ok.
Eck
Premium Member

4th Aug 15 at 18:53   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Didn't they have huge possession stats for most of the season anyway? I think a big part of the problem is injuries. Smalling played pretty well but he never really got settled, and they struggled to have a solid pairing for more than a few games at a time.
What I don't understand, is they were linked with Shawcross for a not stratospheric fee last year, why not go in for him? He's not World Class, but he's solid, and defensive stability is what they need for now.

<<  16    17    18    19    20    21    22  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Summer transfers 2015 23 database queries in 0.0206730 seconds