corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » reshelling c20xe corsa gsi into 1.0 12v corsa

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author reshelling c20xe corsa gsi into 1.0 12v corsa
redline gogz

User status: Offline
30th Mar 15 at 19:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

my gsi shell is condemmed after sitting for years its going to cost to much for all the welding it will need , so i am reshelling everything for the c20 xe into 1.0 12v shell . few questions i need help with .

i will start with the mounts , are the drivers side mount , rear mount and gear linkage reusable on the 1.0 12v shell ?
will the rear one need spaced and linkage extended ?

how do i wire up the electronic power steering for getting speed readings to avoid really light steering at high speed.?
will the dials need changed ?,
will i need transducer for speedo cable or can i use one from other model ?

i know the fuel relay has to be bypassed and the wiring is slighty different as is the ecu location i can deal with that . just not 100 percent sure on stuff i have asked

thanks in advance
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
30th Mar 15 at 19:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Welcome mate.

Mounts are similar between 12v and 16v. Sure the 8v is different but that won't matter here.

Rear one same as your current setup, take that from the GSi.

EPS not sure.

Clocks are different as new one is 3 cylinder.

Body loom I'd probably take the GSi one, there are quite a few differences with the 1 litre loom and the more you take, the more likelihood you have of it going back together.

Dash is also a different colour if you're attempting to keep it looking like a GSi inside.
redline gogz

User status: Offline
1st Apr 15 at 13:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what are the main differnces on the wiring loom ,
which parts of the gsi loom do you mean ?

New Poll