corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Vodafone Sure Signal

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vodafone Sure Signal
Brett
Premium Member

User status: Offline
7th Mar 15 at 22:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anybody have one of these?

Got it all set up a few hours ago now. The phones now have full strength and will make outgoing calls, text, internet, etc. but none of them will receive calls/texts. They just go straight through to voicemail.

Is there a certain period before everything should work fully or something?
kz

8th Mar 15 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is this one of those things you plug in the wall for better signal? Keep telling my mate to get one as he has to stand in a corner of his room in his flat to get signal! Really annoying.
Brett
Premium Member

8th Mar 15 at 13:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah, that's it. Should be straight forward and like I said I have full signal on all devices now but the incoming isn't working. I'm not the only one with the issue from the looks of it. Tried all the port forwarding they suggest, deregistering and starting again, changing postcode, the works. Almost ready to bin the damn thing
corsa-torque

8th Mar 15 at 16:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got given one from work as couldn't get signal on the work mobile. Had the same issues your having but left it an hour or so and all was all good. Added the missus phone to it and that took another 15mins before it would receive calls.
Brett
Premium Member

9th Mar 15 at 11:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I bought a used one. I'm positive the piece of crap is broken tbh.
nathy_87

9th Mar 15 at 12:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I refuse to pay £50 for a box that's supposed to give you full signal while near it.
Russ

9th Mar 15 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

o2 have an app that does it, works great
Brett
Premium Member

9th Mar 15 at 14:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
I refuse to pay £50 for a box that's supposed to give you full signal while near it.

You'd be really upset paying £100 for a Vodafone one then

Unfortunately I don't have much choice. Me and the Mrs renewed last year and have since moved house and there's some kind of Vodafone black spot, literally no signal at all. Been on the phone loads to them, but that's like talking to a brick wall.
nathy_87

9th Mar 15 at 17:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Brett
quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87

You'd be really upset paying £100 for a Vodafone one then

Unfortunately I don't have much choice. Me and the Mrs renewed last year and have since moved house and there's some kind of Vodafone black spot, literally no signal at all. Been on the phone loads to them, but that's like talking to a brick wall.

that is for the Vodafone...or at least that's what they quoted me last time I asked.
Brett
Premium Member

9th Mar 15 at 18:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ah right, appear to be £100 now. I got the used (broken) one for £50. Shall be opening a dispute shortly since the seller hasn't bothered to respond.

[Edited on 09-03-2015 by Brett]
tom130691
Premium Member

11th Mar 15 at 12:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

does this work for mobile data ?

i get signal but next to no data, excluding two spots on the top floor
Dom

11th Mar 15 at 13:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom130691
does this work for mobile data ?

i get signal but next to no data, excluding two spots on the top floor

Considering it uses an (/your) existing internet connection for the backhaul to the mobile network, you'd be better off using WiFi on your device(s) if it's a data signal you're struggling with
Russ

11th Mar 15 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

vodafone have an app coming out too apparently
Brett
Premium Member

11th Mar 15 at 18:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What exactly do these apps do then? Same thing but eliminate the need for additional device I guess?
Russ

12th Mar 15 at 09:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yep, make and receive calls when you only have wifi, does use up your minutes though aswell as data
Rob_Quads

12th Mar 15 at 13:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

There two types of implementation of the Wifi thing.

There is an App like Three have i.e. it logs into the three network and then lets you make and receive calls using your account.

There the way Vodaphone is doing it and using the "Wifi Calling" feature of phones i.e. you will not need to start an app or anything. Its a much better way of doing it as it seamlessly switches to it when it needs to.

Brett
Premium Member

12th Mar 15 at 15:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So when will this Vodafone app be available? Bit annoying since I've just bought ANOTHER Sure Signal

[Edited on 12-03-2015 by Brett]

New Poll