corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Mental Heath vs Physical Health

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mental Heath vs Physical Health
kazazza

User status: Offline
25th Feb 15 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Afternoon all, I've just been having a long discussion in the office about Mental Heath and Physical Health, and which should take priority when being treated etc.

We have some strong arguments for both sides and I was just wondering what the good people of CorsaSport think?
Ian
Site Administrator

User status: Online
25th Feb 15 at 12:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldn't have thought either one needed to take priority? They're both your health.
kazazza

25th Feb 15 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sure, neither of them 'have' to, but usually one has to when you're sitting in A&E etc. Right now we're discussing who should be treated first in this scenario: A person whos fallen off a cliff, or another whos jumped off a cliff... (If there was only 1 doctor ofc) - or should it be a random decision?
spencer88

25th Feb 15 at 12:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fallen off a cliff mentally? As in in their head they fell off.

Otherwise both are physical health....
kazazza

25th Feb 15 at 12:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kazazza
Sure, neither of them 'have' to, but usually one has to when you're sitting in A&E etc. Right now we're discussing who should be treated first in this scenario: A person whos fallen off a cliff, or another whos jumped off a cliff... (If there was only 1 doctor ofc) - or should it be a random decision?

Maybe I should clarify this - both people have exactly the same injuries, and how/why they got their injuries was immediately obvious.
kazazza

25th Feb 15 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by spencer88
Fallen off a cliff mentally? As in in their head they fell off.

Otherwise both are physical health....

Lol - as in one person was trying to commit suicide
spencer88

25th Feb 15 at 12:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesn't matter how it happened. They'd be treated on their injuries.
Rob_Quads

25th Feb 15 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

Maybe I should clarify this - both people have exactly the same injuries, and how/why they got their injuries was immediately obvious.

Who ever walked in first gets treated first IMO if they have exactly the same injuries.
AlexSXI

25th Feb 15 at 13:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Afternoon all, I've just been having a long discussion in the office about Mental Heath and Physical Health, and which should take priority when being treated etc.

We have some strong arguments for both sides and I was just wondering what the good people of CorsaSport think?

I get what you mean (I think )

And I'd say mental health; for this reason-

Physical health is preferable however there are millions of examples of healthy people dropping dead without warning, and vice versa, people who eat / drink / smoke all their lives in large quantities and live to an old age.

Mental health is a lot more damaging, perhaps life ending and can strike at any age. Mental health is also harder to spot / diagnose.

It's pretty obvious when an obese person walks past you in the street, not so obvious a depressed one however.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

25th Feb 15 at 13:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go push them down the stairs to finish them off
GB123
Premium Member

25th Feb 15 at 14:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Whoever arrives at the hospital first?
p

25th Feb 15 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Physical health can be sorted, whilst fundamentally mental health can't, it can only be helped to get 'better' so mental health should take priority bar none.
nibnob21
Premium Member

25th Feb 15 at 16:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The two aren't mutually exclusive, and a lot of the time the two have a big effect on each other. But if I had to choose one I'd say mental health. If you're happy then you're happy, and obviously your physical health doesn't matter psychologically as if it did...you wouldn't be happy lol. But you can be physically well but unhappy, and that would just be shit.

Thankfully I'm physically fit and mentally happy, so win win

MX5 Project Thread
Shell
Premium Member

25th Feb 15 at 20:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p
Physical health can be sorted, whilst fundamentally mental health can't, it can only be helped to get 'better' so mental health should take priority bar none.

People can and very much do recover from mental ill health.
Steve
Premium Member

25th Feb 15 at 20:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

here we go

HEERE WE GO
SVM 286

25th Feb 15 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I'd have thought that would be based on a combination of first come first served, combined with triage, in relation to life threatening injuries, pain etc.
Shell
Premium Member

25th Feb 15 at 20:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
here we go

HEERE WE GO

Hello creepy CS stalker
p

25th Feb 15 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Shell
quote:
Originally posted by p

People can and very much do recover from mental ill health.

You never fully recover, there isn't a cure for it, just some things can potentially ease a situation. When it's systemically in your family history/genes there isn't a huge amount you can do. As said, the underbelly will always be there.
whitter45

25th Feb 15 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mental health decline is such a horrible illness and frustrating at the same time

I had a guy working for me who ended up with mental health issues and it was so sad to see his decline

Triggers can be anything but I don't think anyone recovers from it they either learn to cope or reach a point in which they cannot decline any further

It's a horrible thing and takes up so much time trying to manage the situation

It almost become full time from a company aspect which I am sorry to say was to really to cover the company when we had to dismiss the individual

Not nice at all
Russ

25th Feb 15 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

i knew a guy who pretended to be a Brazilian CEO of a fire proofing company
kazazza

25th Feb 15 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I completely understand everyones rationalisation of mental illness, but I cant help thinking that physical illness should be taken more seriously. I can't get over the fact that mental issues can be cured simply with a different 'train of thought'. I'd like to think that if I was sitting in an A&E with one someone who had self inflicted injuries, that I would be helped first... Am I alone in this?? Maybe I'm just a heartless bastard!?
Kyle T
Premium Member

25th Feb 15 at 21:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p

If it can't be fixed why not just write them off and save what you can?

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Steve
Premium Member

25th Feb 15 at 22:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same as drink people who get pissed and hurt themselves should have to fucking wait
random dav
Premium Member

26th Feb 15 at 05:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Then you have the idiots who take kids to a&e for a cough

WRLFC !

Project cars
Steve
Premium Member

26th Feb 15 at 07:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv been to a and e once in the last 20years when the bonnet strike pin went through my hand.

Some people are there every fucking week. In fact my gfs family are like this

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Mental Heath vs Physical Health 23 database queries in 0.1918392 seconds