corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Lowered Problems

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Lowered Problems
oJNAo
Premium Member

User status: Offline
12th Feb 15 at 23:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Lowered my car on FK Coilovers all the way down at the front and just have the springs on the rear and I seem to scrape my underside/chassis whenever I go round a corner at a fast speed. I'm also scraping my front mud guards slightly and worried they're gonna come off soon!

What's the cheapest way to reduce body roll so I don't scrape my chassis? I've had a look around the forum and Google and most seem to suggest Whiteline anti-roll bars but they're hardly th cheap option

Here's a pic of how it sits, although it is a bit lower at the back from taking the adjuster cups out

[Edited on 13-02-2015 by oJNAo]
Jason x
Premium Member

13th Feb 15 at 01:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The front mud flaps will be fine, they scrape absolutely everything even when i drive on an uneven road and they still havent come off , mine have just worn themself down now so they are shorter now although they have damaged my arches from doing this.

oJNAo
Premium Member

13th Feb 15 at 02:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's a bit of a relief then

Do you scrape your underside at all? I think the silencer on my exhaust centre pipe is the part I've been catching on speed bumps etc. so a race tube wouldn't have been a bad idea either haha
corsa-torque

13th Feb 15 at 08:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had a racetube on the car those shocks came off, never really scraped unless really big humps.

Still got the exhaust system if your interested?
oJNAo
Premium Member

13th Feb 15 at 14:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by corsa-torque
Had a racetube on the car those shocks came off, never really scraped unless really big humps.

Still got the exhaust system if your interested?

Guess it's just a case of being sensible around speed bumps then!

I'm interested in what it is but I probably wouldn't be able to buy it as I don't really wanna buy any more big mods
corsa-torque

13th Feb 15 at 17:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sportex down pipe inc de-cat, Hoffman mid section (removes centre box) and magnex stainless backbox.

Can take the lot for £60 if your intrested?
oJNAo
Premium Member

13th Feb 15 at 20:59   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Sportex down pipe inc de-cat, Hoffman mid section (removes centre box) and magnex stainless backbox.

Can take the lot for £60 if your intrested?

Wouldn't a decat fail the mot? It's tempting as my cheap replacement backbox is absolute shite

What kind of sound does the whole system give? Don't really want it stupidly loud and droning at high speeds
corsa-torque

13th Feb 15 at 23:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends how friendly your MOT tester is

It's not stupid loud, able to cruise about with a little burble but sounds nice when giving it some. Never really had any issues with droning on motorway journeys.
You could always fit it as a cat back system. Although changing the cat over every year really isn't a hardship 30mins at most
Jason x
Premium Member

14th Feb 15 at 00:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bargain that is, just the racetube new is like £40

[Edited on 14-02-2015 by Jason x]
oJNAo
Premium Member

14th Feb 15 at 20:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Depends how friendly your MOT tester is

It's not stupid loud, able to cruise about with a little burble but sounds nice when giving it some. Never really had any issues with droning on motorway journeys.
You could always fit it as a cat back system. Although changing the cat over every year really isn't a hardship 30mins at most

Wouldn't have the time to do it myself as I'm a few weeks away from a big lifestyle change so all spare time is going in getting ready for that!

How much would a garage charge me to fit everything? (E.g. 1 or 2 hour labour)

I'm assuming it would fit onto a 1.4 8v?

[Edited on 14-02-2015 by oJNAo]
corsa-torque

14th Feb 15 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Came off a 1.4 8v so yeah would fit perfectly.

Garage would prob charge you an hour, I could do it in less than that so I hope they wouldn't charge any more

I'd try an exhaust/tyre shop something like quikfit. To get it fitted cheaper, had a system fitted before for £30.
Jason x
Premium Member

14th Feb 15 at 21:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had my backbox & racetube put on for £20/30mins labour

[Edited on 14-02-2015 by Jason x]
oJNAo
Premium Member

14th Feb 15 at 22:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was thinking something around that just wondering if the downpipe required a bit more time but all seems good

corsa-torque

14th Feb 15 at 22:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's two bolts for the downpipe mate, the downpipe/mid section could be put together and fixed as one, the slide the back box on. Really isn't a massive job. 4 rubbers, and 2 bolts
Generation

15th Feb 15 at 00:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get some decent shock absorbers. If a white line is out of your budget, shocks all round are going to cost more for a decent make. So either raise it or put up with it

New Poll