corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » mk6 transit recovery truck

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author mk6 transit recovery truck
bigron1988

User status: Offline
7th Feb 15 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Make - ford
Model - transit
Engine - 2.4 turbo diesel
Mileage - 137000 200 miles on new engine
Price - £6200

Location - (same as my profile) southport
Contact phone number -
Contact email address - benbigron@hotmail.com

General information -

for sale is my pride and joy mk6 transit recovery truck, please dont mistake this for the usual tat you see for sale , this truck has wanted for nothing and has not been used for a business ,it has been built and used by me to transport my race car around . i am only selling it as since the last mot(june 2014) i have done 800 miles in it and 200 of them were running the new engine in , i just don't use it enough to warrant keeping it , i am not in a rush to sell it so please don't insult me with a low offer as you will not get a reply back ,

i have owned the truck for approx 3 years now and traveled 10 hour round trip for it , its a 2005 (54 reg) 2.4 turbo diesel (90 bhp) 5 speed, long wheel base , and was the perfect base for a recovery truck , when i bought it first job was to take the back of it (picture 12 shows how it was when i got the truck)the cab and chassis were then profesional re painted in ford white , 5 +1 rear leaf springs (£500) were then fitted, the truck can take heavier loads no problem now (not legally) i've had a friends discovery on it no prob), new ford badge, new front bumper, new euro liner wheel trims (£230), sunvisor (230) were all added at this point also , the truck was then sent of for the recovery body to be made (6 hour round trip as i found the best to make it) the bed was made the biggest it can be legally and has the correct led light side markers fitted, a new winch was also fitted and has only been used a few times( wireless remote,manual and plug in remote all included), i had the biggest side locker fitted at the same time , and some long ramps that store away behind the number plate , a tow bar was fitted and i've wired it in correctly with a reversing alarm to be legal,a chrome nudge bar (£210), the windows have been professionally tinted, i have fitted electric windows from a mk7 and electric mirrors (both mirrors were new 6 months ago),a new windscreen was fitted 6 months ago, the inside has a tailored carpet fitted, factory cd player, and i've added 3 extra charging points , the truck has yesterday just been fully valeted inside and out ,

the truck has been taxed for 12 months at the start of this month and was moted last june (any advisories were done then and it has since done 800 miles so i know it will not want for anything ) 6 new tyres were fitted less than 1000 miles ago so there like new , the truck has hids fitted and all bulbs changed to led ones and looks great at night , the beacon on the top works as it should and there are no problems with the truck what so ever,

3 months ago one of the bearings in the engine went so the engine has been fully rebuilt , picture 11 shows some of the new parts fitted, i have hundreds of pictures of this so if you want any send me your email address , the water system is completley new, new thermostat, temp sensor, water pump, radiator were all fitted along with coolant and the heaters blow lovley and hot.

the engine was fully striped down and they cylinder head striped cleaned,skimed and the valves re lapped back in new seals fitted, the engine blocked was skimmed, honed and cleaned, new piston and conrod fitted, with big en bearings, main bearings,crank seals, all gaskets replaced, new head bolts, head gasket, a new timing chain and pulley fitted , a brand new clutch kit with release bearing and solid flywheel fitted, the gearbox seals were replaced and fresh gearbox oil filled, a new prop bearing was also found to be faulty so was also replaced, new glow plugs , new aux belt, tensioner and idler fitted, alternator re coned and a new front timing cover fitted .fresh oil was filled along with new oil/fuel and air filter , since the rebuild i have done 200 miles with 2 oil changes and the truck has ran faultless, new number plates have been fitted(private plate has been removed) and a new battery this week fitted

there are a couple of bad bits tho . on the rear of the cab some surface rust has started to appear out of the seams , and the release bearing does make a slight noise(the release bearing is brand new so nothing to worry about)

as you can see i've spent so much time and money on it and am sad to let it go but i just don't have the need for it any more , the truck is located in southport , i am not after a swap for anything , i have hundreds of pictures of this truck on my photobucket and used to clean it weekly so it is in great condition, any questions or to arrange a viewing please message me , thanks

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » mk6 transit recovery truck 24 database queries in 0.0157471 seconds