corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Anyone good with electric. Power steering pump ?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Anyone good with electric. Power steering pump ?
csifku

User status: Offline
29th Jan 15 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hello .
I got vectra c 1.8 16v power steering pump and want to fit it in my corsa b, lets say, hoses and fitting wont be the problem.
Problem will be to try and make pump to work on one speed , or least to find something that can control the speed.
Anyone can help ?
Dee25790

29th Jan 15 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need something that would keep the voltage steady. A capacitor might fill this need.. They keep voltage and current steady but I'm not sure how you could go around having one there..
Dee25790

29th Jan 15 at 21:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Scratch that.. Wouldn't work haha. Variable resistor I think. It's been a long day though so I can't think straight haha. Go to maplin n make out like you want to buy everything from there tell them what you're trying to accomplish a few of them are pretty good
davegreen
Premium Member

30th Jan 15 at 06:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vectra c runs canbus on pretty much every controller so getting a speed signal the pump controller can use on a corsa b will not be easy.
would it not be easier to fit eps from another corsa b?

[img][/img]

New Poll