corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New van day

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author New van day
baza31

User status: Offline
14th Jan 15 at 18:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So I need to replace my van . I have narrowed it down to a new vivaro sportive 120bhp or the transit custom sport .

Drove the sport which was nice but seems over priced at 20k plus vat . I can get a vivaro for 15ish plus vat .

Going on sat for a go in the vivaro . So far it seems the vivaro is better on fuel and 5k cheaper . But I have always found vivaros (old ones) to be a total bag of shite .

The other side is the transit will hold it's value more. I will most likely keep it 3-4 years and replace it.

Does anyone have a vivaro ? What's your thoughts on the 1.6 twin turbo engine ?

Gary
Premium Member

14th Jan 15 at 18:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vivaro will be shit. Bags of shite they are.

Your better off with a transporter. It'll hold its money better than any other.
Lee_fr200

14th Jan 15 at 18:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it a new vivaro if so its only a 1.6 and I test drove one and they're crap, we've been looking at the transit custom ltd (sport is too expensive) and that's a lovely van
baza31

14th Jan 15 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Gary . Not keen on transporters , I think they are mega uncomfortable and too expensive for what you get.

Lee yes it's the new one . Which engine did it have ? The non turbo one is meant to be crap but this is the 120 turbo one . What did you find rubbish about it
Nic Barnes

14th Jan 15 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
Gary . Not keen on transporters , I think they are mega uncomfortable and too expensive for what you get.

Lee yes it's the new one . Which engine did it have ? The non turbo one is meant to be crap but this is the 120 turbo one . What did you find rubbish about it
having driven lots and lots of vans over the years, transporter is the best bet plus it will retain value unlike the others.
baza31

14th Jan 15 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't rate vw at all whether it's transporter, crafter or caddy. I have always owned transits and highly rate them . I have drove a custom which I thought was better than all the other vans . The new vivaro is totally new thing which is why I wouldn't mind giving it a go . It seems reasonably priced for the spec too . 4 years free servicing and 4 years warranty too . The engine seems small for the size of the van . Going for a go in one at the weekend so will see how it is
Dave

14th Jan 15 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Transits are great, easily the nicest drive in it's class.
DaveyLC

15th Jan 15 at 09:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

100% Agree.. Other than appealing to the VAG Brigade and holding a bit of value they are toss.
baza31

26th Jan 15 at 14:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Incase anyone cares I went out on Sunday in the 1.6 bi turbo and it was excellent . I think the 140 might be better to drive if you don't have to foot the fuel costs but the 120 was great and is getting 47mpg combined . Only reason I didn't buy it was because it didn't come with alloys (sportive too) or sat nav . Renault are doing the traffic with alloys and sat nav as standard plus 1 years extra warranty and unlimited miles in first two years . Vauxhall couldn't match it so going to go down to Renault and try strike a deal with them instead
Nic Barnes

26th Jan 15 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:

100% Agree.. Other than appealing to the VAG Brigade and holding a bit of value they are toss.
you actually havent got a clue what you are talking about have you
pow
Premium Member

26th Jan 15 at 17:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I like the way the the T5 drives, like a car
Gary
Premium Member

26th Jan 15 at 17:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck off drive like a car
Nic Barnes

26th Jan 15 at 17:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Compared to other vans it is less van like. Even my old t4 feels less like a van than other things of a similar age. It's still a van, just feels less like one. Hard to explain unless you drive one as a main vehicle really. Internet guesswork doesn't cover it.
Gary
Premium Member

26th Jan 15 at 18:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've driven them before. A Vito drives more like a car and feels more like one with dash position etc but you don't see people wanking over them.

andy1868

26th Jan 15 at 19:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Peugeot Expert drives nice, not reliable in the slightest though
Nic Barnes

26th Jan 15 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary
I've driven them before. A Vito drives more like a car and feels more like one with dash position etc but you don't see people wanking over them.

thats because they are shit though
Gary
Premium Member

26th Jan 15 at 21:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm talking about how it drives. Which is better than a transporter. You've only bought one because it's a cult thing. End of. If you say you didn't it's a blatant lie.

Just a load of folk hanging onto the original VW camper thing, which your t4 5 etc is not.
DaveyLC

26th Jan 15 at 21:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Deluded T4 owners
taylorboosh

26th Jan 15 at 21:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I love the look of transporters personally but the cost ££££ for what they are

We have just got a load of them new vivaros in work - lovely bit of kit

Then again i loved my old 56 reg vivaro
Gary
Premium Member

26th Jan 15 at 21:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Pieces of shit. Epic body on them as it's all galvanised but the engines are/were awful
Nic Barnes

26th Jan 15 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'm talking about how it drives. Which is better than a transporter. You've only bought one because it's a cult thing. End of. If you say you didn't it's a blatant lie.

Just a load of folk hanging onto the original VW camper thing, which your t4 5 etc is not.
of course I did. I also bought one knowing its cult status would mean I'd be able to sell it for similar to what I paid for it. Planning on getting a t5 end of this year.
taylorboosh

26th Jan 15 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Pieces of shit. Epic body on them as it's all galvanised but the engines are/were awful

Vivaro? Mine had no issues in 30k

And i gave it death from could every day
Jimbothebarbarian

26th Jan 15 at 22:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
quote:

Vivaro? Mine had no issues in 30k

And i gave it death from could every day

I had an 04 traffic from new and kicked it's head in everyday for five years. Had one fuel pump under warranty and a little hassle with binding back brakes at one point and a steering rack. Did starship miles in it.

Drove lovely and very quiet. I would recommend one from my own experience.
taylorboosh

26th Jan 15 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fast aswell for vans imo
DaveyLC

27th Jan 15 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
quote:
Originally posted by DaveyLC
quote:

you actually havent got a clue what you are talking about have you

I probably have more of a clue than you.. Being as I have two car dealers in the family (one who loves a trade vehicle) I had quite a selection of vehicles to try out when I was looking to build a camper. I drove a couple of T4s (one being an example of one of the tidiest T4's you'll ever see) and it was AN EPIC disappointment, I drove both manual and DSG T5s which were significantly better but in no way did they warrant what they cost!

I'd say a Traffic/Vivaro drives a million times better than a T4!

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » New van day 22 database queries in 0.1985650 seconds