corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car battery chargers

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Car battery chargers
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
14th Jan 15 at 09:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Need one for the Defender, large battery too so needs to be suitable, normal jump start packs don't work on it.

Seen this one

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ring-RCB320-12v-20Amp-Workshop-Car-Fast-Battery-Charger-With-Engine-Jump-Start-/280992247737?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item416c716fb9

Any better/price?
Steve
Premium Member

14th Jan 15 at 09:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can get that one above at Halfords for £52 with trade btw
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

14th Jan 15 at 11:25   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've got ctek and they have never gone wrong. GF dad uses them on all his cars too.
Steve
Premium Member

14th Jan 15 at 12:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool, got that Halfords one in the end, will report back, im not too hopeful the engine start feature will work mind.
taylorboosh

14th Jan 15 at 12:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Good thread m8
Steve
Premium Member

14th Jan 15 at 12:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

k
Marc

14th Jan 15 at 13:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just want to point out that my Halfords one is pretty good.
Graeme
Premium Member

14th Jan 15 at 22:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Wouldn't you be best hooking up a trickle charger?

Not the best to keep letting the battery go flat.
Steve
Premium Member

15th Jan 15 at 08:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I try to drive it often, I usually get out in it twice a week, just the last couple of weeks I haven't had time to drive it (mainly because I have been spending my time building a toy)
Gary
Premium Member

15th Jan 15 at 09:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might as well sell it me
DaveyLC

15th Jan 15 at 09:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
normal jump start packs don't work on it.

When you say normal Jump Start Packs, what do you mean? I've got a SIP PRO pack that will start my Viano and that's a big pre-historic four-banger diesel too..
Steve
Premium Member

15th Jan 15 at 10:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just some jump pack from Halfords cost 79 quid
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Jan 15 at 12:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm after a charger with engine start next. Jump packs are OK until they let you down, I've got three in the workshop and they're all fairly unreliably now after 12 months or so.

50 quid or so isn't out of the question, I was looking at this type of thing but at half the price that Ring one on the Halfords dizzy looks better - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Draper-Tools-11966-BCSD300T-12V-24V-240A-Battery-Charger-Starter-230V-w-Trolley-/361121375165
Steve
Premium Member

15th Jan 15 at 12:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Il post later if it manages to crank my landrover, if it does that it will do pretty much anything
Mark.W

15th Jan 15 at 12:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Asks about a new battery charger but already has one picked.
Ian
Site Administrator

15th Jan 15 at 13:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't really see that it won't, biggest issue I would think is the ability of the clips to provide the current.

Had one a similar size of my mates RS6 and that just needed a minute or so to get some residual charge in before it would crank.
DaveyLC

15th Jan 15 at 14:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah there are very few jump packs this side of £500 that will jump a car from dead most you need to leave connected for a minute or so.

[Edited on 15-01-2015 by DaveyLC]
Steve
Premium Member

15th Jan 15 at 17:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So engine start didn't quite cut it straight away. But i stuck it on fast charge for 3 mins, then engine start and away we go

[Edited on 15-01-2015 by Steve]
Graeme
Premium Member

16th Jan 15 at 00:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmm still would put a trickle charger on it over jumping it every time. Only gona fuck the battery that way.
Steve
Premium Member

16th Jan 15 at 07:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's on a slow charge now
Steve
Premium Member

16th Jan 15 at 08:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Drove it 22 miles to work today
Andrew

16th Jan 15 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a £40 Maplin booster pack. It's pretty much unbranded but was cheap enough at the time. Must be 4 years old now.

Turns over Mum's 307 2.0 HDI, my 1.8 Corsa and 1.7 Puma. Has even been used on my 1.6 308 and a 1.4 Astra.

Brilliant bit of kit. I've left it for 3 months in the loft and took it out to jump one of the cars.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Car battery chargers 22 database queries in 0.1836278 seconds