corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Nurburgring!

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Nurburgring!
Norcy91

User status: Offline
30th Dec 14 at 21:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi everyone! I'm looking at going over to the Nurburgring at some point in 2015, probably going to get a crossing from Hull to Rotterdam, then drive the rest.

Just looking for recommendations of places to stay, things to visit, and some extra info on doing some laps! Also stuff like rough prices of everything? I'll be going with the missus, so no titty bars unfortunately!
Norcy91

30th Dec 14 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also, I've never driven abroad, so is there anything I need to take with me where their laws differ to ours?
pow
Premium Member

30th Dec 14 at 21:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Book the dorint at the track. Me and my best mate went in September and stayed there, had dinner on a balcony watching fast v8 mercs go around the f1 circuit, was awesome. They have a roof terrace for viewing as well. There's a pool so pack your trunks. Cost us £95 each for two nights I'd you don't go on a massive event weekend. There's a cool bar with all sorts of memrobelia in it. Room was lush.
pow
Premium Member

30th Dec 14 at 21:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Driving abroad is a piece of piss, check the aa website for stuff you need, driving in the right is much easier than the mental block you think it is.
pow
Premium Member

30th Dec 14 at 21:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Your missus will love you for the hotel. guaranteed anal.
Norcy91

30th Dec 14 at 21:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You might be onto a winner there Pow! Looking pretty good! Did you just happen to go on a weekend there was racing on? Or did you plan for it?
pow
Premium Member

30th Dec 14 at 22:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just booked it and there was some testing going on at the time, it looks like the curvuit is in use more than its not. Me and Sean had a cigar on the roof, epic lol
pow
Premium Member

30th Dec 14 at 22:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did I mention guaranteed anal?
Norcy91

30th Dec 14 at 22:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Haha! I think you mentioned it somewhere yeah! I've just checked, wanting to go on my birthday and there's some 24hr qualifying and some form of European touring car race! €340 for 2 nights, no idea what that is in £'s!
pow
Premium Member

30th Dec 14 at 22:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

About £300 change the weekend it's well worth it. If you were going with a group of lads it doesn't matter but if you're going with the missus it's nice to stay somewhere a bit posh

[Edited on 30-12-2014 by pow]
Ojc

31st Dec 14 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can I come
pow
Premium Member

31st Dec 14 at 12:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Me and you can share a room oliver
ed

31st Dec 14 at 14:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by pow

quote:
Originally posted by pow

pow
Premium Member

31st Dec 14 at 16:51   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

taylorboosh

31st Dec 14 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
quote:
Originally posted by pow

quote:
Originally posted by pow

CorsAsh

1st Jan 15 at 16:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hull - Rotterdam is always a good laugh. Plus you get to avoid driving in France with their ridiculous traffic laws.

Don't be tempted to hoon too much through the tunnels out of Europort, there are speed traps in them.
pow
Premium Member

1st Jan 15 at 18:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

France is easy to drive in I think?
CorsAsh

1st Jan 15 at 23:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You need the breathalyser thing and they're quick to pick on foreigners. Holland is much nicer. And you get onto derestricted Autobahn directly at the border
ed

2nd Jan 15 at 00:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The breathalyser thingie was suspended a few years ago now. They don't like it if your sat nav tells you about speed cameras though!
Ojc

2nd Jan 15 at 07:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I hate driving through France as soon as I get into Belgium I feel far more relaxed
corsadonk
Premium Member

2nd Jan 15 at 07:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The local roads are really good, and the toboggan isn't far away. The laps are around £25 if you buy 4 at a time it's less. Food is pretty cheap Germany which is also good.

I felt a bit disappointed, I had driven down from my Mum's and got stuck in loads of traffic by Bonn, then I had time for 3 wet laps, and had to rush off to the ferry. I can see it being brilliant with a few days to take it all in. Which I plan to do again this year if I can.
Kev_GSI

2nd Jan 15 at 12:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
I hate driving through France as soon as I get into Belgium I feel far more relaxed

Really Belgium drivers are fecking nutters and I hate the roads over in the country.

Check the ring calender for when the tracks open for TF as you dont want to go and find its shut all week
pow
Premium Member

2nd Jan 15 at 13:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Meh each to their own, I like driving in France.
gazza808

2nd Jan 15 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never had any issue driving in Belgium, France or Luxembourg roads are worse in Belgium though Imo
corsadonk
Premium Member

2nd Jan 15 at 18:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The concert road near Spa is shocking.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Nurburgring! 22 database queries in 0.1094480 seconds