corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Top Gear Christmas Special 2014 - Sponsored by the beauty of Argentina

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Top Gear Christmas Special 2014 - Sponsored by the beauty of Argentina
chrisritch

User status: Offline
28th Dec 14 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fake beaver clothes
chrisritch

28th Dec 14 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Silly Argie twats
Neo

28th Dec 14 at 21:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just finished watching it, if what they are saying is true that the plate was coincidental, what total cunts the argies are.

How did jc etc get out the country ?
Neo

28th Dec 14 at 22:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After watching an interview with James May I'm more inclined to believe it was a misfortunate mistake - JC wanting a 928 in manual of which 2 were for sale. That or they based their entire episode around that plate.

Wonder if they would have seen something if the plate was FKD or FDS or whatever
All the comments on YouTube make me laugh the argies saying not just the fkl plate, but also one said 646 - number of arg troops that fell in the war and KNG for kingdom.

Ruined a special, was a bit boring as they obviously lost a lot of what they had planned and had to recut it I.e. building the stadium and playing football.
p

28th Dec 14 at 22:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The Argentines are such dickheads. I mean it looks legit, but then I guess so did the American one when they got chased. I would of confronted them and not really given a shit. They did fuck all wrong. Pathetic.

I'm not joking, though, the Argentines are pathetic. Absolutely pathetic.

Still, given the atmosphere between the countries, I'm amazed the BBC did a Top Gear special over in Argentina, I mean they haven't a clue.

[Edited on 28-12-2014 by p]

[Edited on 28-12-2014 by p]
Jambo

29th Dec 14 at 00:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Even if the plate was a jibe? What does it exactly state? A Porsche that states FKL?

Oh wow, let's stone some humans for it.

Seems to me that it is the Argentinian version of Britain First.

I mean, top Gear has a humongous viewing audience and they basically made themselves out to be utter cunts. I've seen countless documentaries where Brotish and Argie forces unite and debate the pointlessness of war... British posts in the Town where responsible for looking after the Argie casualties even though they all feared they would be shot....

Someone wish to fast forward them 30years?!
SVM 286

29th Dec 14 at 01:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Three of my favourite cars spoiled by ruining them in the arsehole of South America

Good telly though.
Butler

29th Dec 14 at 01:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcxkZQZD9tM

Some of the comments are 'interesting'.
SVM 286

29th Dec 14 at 01:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fire up the Vulcan perhaps?
Aaron

29th Dec 14 at 06:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Speaking of the Vulcan, I watched the following vid after part 2 last night:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=jX30Km0GrPs

Interesting documentary about the first bombs dropped in the conflict
Butler

29th Dec 14 at 15:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Brilliant documentary.
deano87

29th Dec 14 at 22:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If the plate was intended to cause controversry, I guess they didn't intend that much.

There was no part of it staged imho.

But 4 tonnes of equipment and 32 crew

When they did the North/South Pole challenge it was them in the 4x4 HiLux and 1 other support car!
flybikeslee

29th Dec 14 at 23:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

what should have happened....

Lee_fr200

29th Dec 14 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It surprised me how much support equipment they have and I'm sure at the end I saw one of those Dakar rally support style vehicles too!

That esprit was just beautiful i remember sitting in one at Barr & Barr in Leeds and loving it was surprised it didn't break either! Other than that the argies are cunts
Rick Draper

29th Dec 14 at 23:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Crew in helmets and goggles driving through a staged protest imho. Why not ditch the cars if they were so worried for there lives?
GB123
Premium Member

30th Dec 14 at 00:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They did.
p

30th Dec 14 at 11:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dom

30th Dec 14 at 12:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Granted they couldn't finish the special how they intended but as TG specials go, it was pretty crap; even the original premise of playing car football seemed a bit shite compared to other specials.

quote:
Originally posted by Neo
How did jc etc get out the country ?

They all flew out leaving the crew to deal with the protests/mobs and getting the cars and equipment out of country.

quote:
Originally posted by deano87
But 4 tonnes of equipment and 32 crew

I imagine it's equivalent to what they used on other specials with three cars and it wouldn't surprise me if there had a fair few security personnel join them on this trip (so would have to cater for them as well).

[Edited on 30-12-2014 by Dom]
FlaFFy_91
Premium Member

30th Dec 14 at 12:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I still think they put the plate on themselfs. If not they bought the car specifically for the plate. Then when they've seen just how much shit it caused they've bricked it and gone on the defensive. It all seems to be too much of a coincidence really...
Jambo

30th Dec 14 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What exactly does a plate with the three letters FKL mean?

It's trying to be offended over nothing. The previous owner of the car has confirmed the plate is genuine.
MoesTavern

30th Dec 14 at 13:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Are you deliberately being dense? Of course a numberplate reading 'H982 FKL' on a British tv show is going to cause offence in Argentina.

If indeed it wasn't on purpose (which I don't believe for a second) then surely someone involved would have spotted it and thought 'hang on a minute'

They just didn't expect it to kick off as much as it has. Although there's no such thing as bad publicity I suppose.
GB123
Premium Member

30th Dec 14 at 13:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Out of interest, did you actually watch the programme?
Ian W

30th Dec 14 at 16:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's been said numerous times that a manual 928 was wanted for the special and only two where for sale at the time in the UK, that to me seems a much plausible explanation than the production team searching the UK for a V8 car that had a plate likely to cause trouble in Argentina.

As others have said, the seller backed up the claim that the plate was on the car when they bought it.

I enjoyed it, more than the last few specials, Lotus was awesome and just took me back to being a kid and having a poster of one on my wall.

A lot of the stuff is clearly set up but I'm pretty sure May coming off the horse was not intended, felt that fall
richardworrall
Premium Member

30th Dec 14 at 17:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that plate has been on the car since 25/5/2001 and the latest keeper since 8/8/14
Rick Draper

30th Dec 14 at 17:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GB123
They did.

Only when rocks started to fly. Odd decision for a crew under threat

<<  1    2    3    4  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Top Gear Christmas Special 2014 - Sponsored by the beauty of Argentina 22 database queries in 0.1046929 seconds