corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Yodel

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Yodel
Cavey

User status: Offline
11th Dec 14 at 20:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bit busy at the moment, so can't be arsed trying to deliver the things you've ordered.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/business-30438498

Did wonder what they "unforseen circumstances" were that delayed my parcel by "1-2 working days" which has now turned into 5 days
_Allan_

11th Dec 14 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Delayed parcels there will be.
ed

11th Dec 14 at 20:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yodel and Hermes are terrible - I avoid using companies who use these guys if there's no option for someone more reliable. They only pay their drivers something like 60p per drop so it's inevitable that quality's going to slip.
N16K

11th Dec 14 at 20:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Royal Mail are also not good to be fair. (time of year I guess?)

[Edited on 11-12-2014 by N16K]
Cavey

11th Dec 14 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hermes are the worst of the lot.

I'm a royal mail employee if you didn't know, so obviously I'm a bit biased. I've worked my balls off this week to try and make sure people on my walk get their parcels, delivered everything I've been given, went an hour and half over today. - there are obviously some who don't, be yo my knowledge all parcels from our building go every day, I can't say anything for any that haven't reached delivery of course.

I'm pretty sure if Royal mail were refusing to collect form companies that itd be front page news and massive fines would follow quickly though.

Got to say though DPD were fantastic the other day when we ordered something from Curry's, could track the item from door to door, gave an hour time slot and even told us the delivery guys name.

Not sure what their t&cs are, but the head of TNT basically said that RM need to use zero hour contracts and start paying less.

[Edited on 11-12-2014 by Cavey]
John

11th Dec 14 at 20:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My Hermes person around here leaves a card with no number the first time, so have to wait for a second delivery to get the number to then arrange to pick it up at her house, which is a pain.

DPD and UKMail guys that come to the office are pretty good. One of them has actually went out his way to sort a parcel that was going to the wrong place for me before because he knew the name.
Ben G

11th Dec 14 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same here john, hermes twat chucked a card through with no info on it, silly cunts.

Dpd are the best imo.
jbguitarking

11th Dec 14 at 20:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yodel and My Hermes are the worst, straight up refuse to use them, I don't care how much extra I have to pay for my item to not be delivered by them I will pay it.
ed

11th Dec 14 at 20:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In agreement about DPD - good tracking, they give you a 1hr window for delivery and if you do miss them you can go to the depot and pick your package up.
Aaron

11th Dec 14 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ed
Yodel and Hermes are terrible - I avoid using companies who use these guys if there's no option for someone more reliable. They only pay their drivers something like 60p per drop so it's inevitable that quality's going to slip.

Hermes aren't that bad. Their fuck ups caused me to get 2x Nexus 7 tablets when we only ordered one
Marc

11th Dec 14 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

LOLZ.

Glad I don't have dealings with Yodel anymore.
Jimbothebarbarian

11th Dec 14 at 21:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My yodel driver is a fooking hero.

[Edited on 11-12-2014 by Jimbothebarbarian]
SVM 286

11th Dec 14 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Bit busy at the moment, so can't be arsed trying to deliver the things you've ordered.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/business-30438498

Did wonder what they "unforseen circumstances" were that delayed my parcel by "1-2 working days" which has now turned into 5 days

"Dick Stead"
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

11th Dec 14 at 23:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I ordered 4 hdmi cables and an optical lead £80 roughly

royal mail knocked on my door but had driven away by the time I got to the door.
5 hours later they knocked again to tell me they had left if sitting against my front bumper and I hadnt seen it.

package was soaked!

[Edited on 11-12-2014 by IvIarkgraham]
tom_simes
Show Staff
Organiser: South Wales
Premium Member

12th Dec 14 at 01:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

£80 for 5 cables
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

12th Dec 14 at 02:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
£80 for 5 cables

all 10m ones
SVM 286

12th Dec 14 at 07:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom_simes
£80 for 5 cables

Tombola old bean...

Have a seat Chief...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/AUDIOQUEST-SKY-72V-DBS-XLR-INTERCONNECTS-x-5-0-METRE-PAIR-RRP-8360-00-/400815045841?pt=UK_Sound_Vision_Other&hash=item5d52703cd1

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Yodel 22 database queries in 0.0114119 seconds