corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Cereal Cafe

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Cereal Cafe
Reecemac

User status: Offline
11th Dec 14 at 17:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.channel4.com/news/cereal-cafe-opens-in-london-but-can-it-survive

Irregardless of the idea of a "Cereal Cafe", anyone else think both guys at Channel 4 come across as complete cunts? First one has some sort of attitude and the actual interviewer asking about poverty, that has nothing to do with the Cafe. If you can't afford to go there, don't, no ones being forced. Round where I work some places charge £10 a pint, I don't cry about it I either pay or go somewhere else.
Reecemac

11th Dec 14 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also I like the idea. It's different and unique.
JonnyJ

11th Dec 14 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not my type of thing. You can get all those cereals they have and just eat it at home a lot cheaper. Its hardly a skill pour milk on some cereal

But if weirdos are happy to pay £3 for a bowl then fair play to them. No one is forcing anyone to go so the argument about setting it up in a poor area is an odd one.

Its hardly like the betting industry which target poor/desperate areas for their shops.

[Edited on 11-12-2014 by JonnyJ]
DaveyLC

11th Dec 14 at 17:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its definitely a "unique concept"... No doubt the sort of people who would eat and Nando's will be frequent visitors.. I.e. people who love un-imaginative food that tastes like cardboard.

[Edited on 11-12-2014 by DaveyLC]
Ben G

11th Dec 14 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah i thought the interviewers questions were a bit odd.

If i was poor, I wouldn't choose to spend 3 quid on cereal. Same as i wouldn't spend loads in a steakhouse.
GB123
Premium Member

11th Dec 14 at 19:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Not my type of thing. You can get all those cereals they have and just eat it at home a lot cheaper. Its hardly a skill pour milk on some cereal

But if weirdos are happy to pay £3 for a bowl then fair play to them. No one is forcing anyone to go so the argument about setting it up in a poor area is an odd one.

Same principal as buying drinks in a pub, will be a lot cheaper from a supermarket/at home but you're paying for the atmosphere I suppose.
Jambo

11th Dec 14 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloody hipsters. This will do very well to bearded folk in Brick lane. Very apt.

I got dragged to the breakfast club, most overrated expensive food I have ever had to buy, full of cunts too.

The argument for poverty is a complete joke. Should they remove all petrol stations from the Tower Hamlets area because poor people can't afford a car so that upsets them?! Or is it better to have more local business' in the area making more money and paying more tax so they can replace all the homeless people with postboxes Cypress Creek style.
JonnyJ

11th Dec 14 at 19:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by GB123
quote:

Same principal as buying drinks in a pub, will be a lot cheaper from a supermarket/at home but you're paying for the atmosphere I suppose.

You are if you buy bottles etc...But I get your point. However I'm not sure about the social/atmosphere aspect of eating Frosties in a cafe. Obviously some people must enjoy that sort of thing though.
Gary
Premium Member

11th Dec 14 at 19:40   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Apart from looking like the peado in watkins I like the idea.

Like he said, it's yank stuff too so your not just paying 3 quid for coco pops. A box of the stuff will cost you a fair bit from the importers. Whinging cunts.
ed

11th Dec 14 at 20:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Near my new work - think I might pop in one lunchtime
GB123
Premium Member

11th Dec 14 at 20:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

You are if you buy bottles etc...But I get your point. However I'm not sure about the social/atmosphere aspect of eating Frosties in a cafe. Obviously some people must enjoy that sort of thing though.

Yeah I can't say as I really see the appeal myself either, however, for that area and the type of people that live there it will probably do really well.
ed

11th Dec 14 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They do cake a coffee too - there's a cafe down from where I live which only sells deserts. Is that pointless too? (Probably a little...)
SVM 286

11th Dec 14 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

http://www.channel4.com/news/cereal-cafe-opens-in-london-but-can-it-survive

Tower fucking Hamlets!

Does one have to arrive in body armour with an assault rifle and back-up, in order to pay over the odds for the pleasure of eating a bowl of cereal in public?

And what the actual fuck is going on at Ch4 news??? I've always deemed them to be a fairly competent and highbrow news programme.

Are they actively employing hood-rats and drug dealers to undertake their interviews for reports in areas of London that are a little too much like Iraq these days?

Or did that one just happen to 'chiv' the interviewer outside and then rob him of his suit and microphone, in order to ask the bluds inside what dey woz up to innit?
SVM 286

11th Dec 14 at 23:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Reecemac

Round where I work some places charge £10 a pint,

Ten pounds for a pint of what Reece?
Reecemac

11th Dec 14 at 23:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I just thought the attitude of Channel 4 seemed odd, glad I'm not the only one. £10 for a pint of Peroni, a few of the places here only sell Peroni? Thats the city for you.

[Edited on 11-12-2014 by Reecemac]
SVM 286

11th Dec 14 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Christ Reece! That's atrocious

I simply wouldn't pay it.
Reecemac

12th Dec 14 at 08:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Luckily we have a couple of Wetherspoons too That's where I go if I'm meeting mates etc
neil h

12th Dec 14 at 12:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
Bloody hipsters. This will do very well to bearded folk in Brick lane. Very apt.

That was my first thought Like the gaming cafe in Oxford, fucking hipsters.
Nic Barnes

12th Dec 14 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

im guessing the people running this have beards?
Bart

12th Dec 14 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He shouldn't have took offence to that, could do with someone whos better at handing on the spot situations.

It might be a poor area, but you can bet some of the poorest people there have the latest smartphones, smoke & drink plenty etc.
ed

12th Dec 14 at 14:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Canary Wharf is in Tower Hamlets. Poverty strewn Canary Wharf.
SVM 286

13th Dec 14 at 17:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But Canary Wharf was just built on a load of re-purposed dockside property Ed.

Mainly because it was available. A bit like the reclaimed land where they built the millennium tent.

It was filled with banks and other money making enterprises. It's just an island of cash in a sea of shitty London.

The fact it falls under the same name or post code as a local slum is merely coincidence.

The words 'Tower' and 'Hamlets', when used together, for me, much like 'Brixton' still do and always will conjure up images of running battles, burning cars, stabbings and other crimes on the news most nights.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Cereal Cafe 22 database queries in 0.1951661 seconds