corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Learning

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Learning
Nic Barnes

User status: Offline
24th Nov 14 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd like to learn about something. I have no idea what but I want to read something I know nothing about. Excluding a lot of internet jokes that may occur, what subject/anything should I look up/investigate and learn about?
Nic Barnes

24th Nov 14 at 20:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

On a side note I am looking at going back to a place of learning next year, more than likely a night course.
Marc

24th Nov 14 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any interests that you have you can research in to? Mechanics/Bikes for example?
Nic Barnes

24th Nov 14 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can do enough of those already really. This is the problem I'm facing. I know enough about the things I need to know but don't try and learn about new things.
Cavey

24th Nov 14 at 20:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A foreign language?
Marc

24th Nov 14 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Depends how far you want to go. Are you thinking of doing a night course or doing it on the internet/library in your own time?
Nic Barnes

24th Nov 14 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah in my own time. Not particularly work related perhaps for future work reasons if I decide to change job for example. Although I'd actually like to just have another interest instead of something to do, something to read about.
baza31

24th Nov 14 at 20:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The workings of the mind of a women . Then come back and try explain it to the rest of us
Gary
Premium Member

24th Nov 14 at 20:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Guessing your looking at a career rather than just something to Learn?

Never too old, I went back to college today. Bit weird after 10 years
Nic Barnes

24th Nov 14 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Gary

well yes, but to start with I'm just going to read up on a subject. trouble is, as its been a long time since i actually wanted to learn anything that i didn't actually need to know about for work reasons, I've no idea what id like to learn about.
Marc

24th Nov 14 at 20:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
Yeah in my own time. Not particularly work related perhaps for future work reasons if I decide to change job for example. Although I'd actually like to just have another interest instead of something to do, something to read about.

Maybe a computer course may be an option then? Are you a trained mechanic?
Nic Barnes

24th Nov 14 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by baza31
The workings of the mind of a women . Then come back and try explain it to the rest of us
it confuses me daily. actually don't understand how anything i say can get so twisted into something else that means I'm a complete twat. baffles me.
Gary
Premium Member

24th Nov 14 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

well yes, but to start with I'm just going to read up on a subject. trouble is, as its been a long time since i actually wanted to learn anything that i didn't actually need to know about for work reasons, I've no idea what id like to learn about.

Are you wanting to do something sat at a Pc or hands on etc? Help narrow it down
Nic Barnes

24th Nov 14 at 20:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
quote:

Maybe a computer course may be an option then? Are you a trained mechanic?
nah, I'm not a mechanic, never have been, and never want to be. I work with computers on a daily basis so can do enough to get by.
Nic Barnes

24th Nov 14 at 20:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
quote:

Are you wanting to do something sat at a Pc or hands on etc? Help narrow it down
not hands on no, I've done hands on jobs for the last 15 years. now sat behind my desk for work, id like to learn something that keeps me indoors. you can earn more money indoors.
SVM 286

24th Nov 14 at 20:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
I'd like to learn about something. I have no idea what but I want to read something I know nothing about. Excluding a lot of internet jokes that may occur, what subject/anything should I look up/investigate and learn about?

CAD?
SVM 286

24th Nov 14 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by baza31
it confuses me daily. actually don't understand how anything i say can get so twisted into something else that means I'm a complete twat. baffles me.

That's the magic.
Marc

24th Nov 14 at 20:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure what you are wanting to do, but I spent 8 years welding and got out of it and in to an office job. I was on less money for a few years but at the same time my CV was gaining experience of having an office based job and people would respond to my applications after a few years as they saw more than manual job experience.
Balling
Premium Member

24th Nov 14 at 20:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Language, as said.

Politics and science are always useful. Look at Bill Bryson if you want to read something science related, but not too specific.

Reading in general? Find a genre you like and learn to enjoy a book.

Nic Barnes

24th Nov 14 at 21:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Not sure what you are wanting to do, but I spent 8 years welding and got out of it and in to an office job. I was on less money for a few years but at the same time my CV was gaining experience of having an office based job and people would respond to my applications after a few years as they saw more than manual job experience.
im a salesman at the moment believe it or not, but its not something i want to do really. it was more a move out of working in factories and warehouses as thats all I've known.
Nic Barnes

24th Nov 14 at 21:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
Language, as said.

Politics and science are always useful. Look at Bill Bryson if you want to read something science related, but not too specific.

Reading in general? Find a genre you like and learn to enjoy a book.
could actually learn german as I'm off there on holiday for a long weekend in march i guess.
deano87

24th Nov 14 at 21:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
A foreign language?

Stand you in good stead if anyone you work for is an international organisation or has international dealings.
John

24th Nov 14 at 21:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Foreign language wouldn't be top of my list for random skills to learn with a view to getting a job at some point. Not saying it won't come in handy, but how many positions will be looking for that specific language above anything else?

Physics, maths, business, chemistry, engineering? Those would be before French.
deano87

24th Nov 14 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
Foreign language wouldn't be top of my list for random skills to learn with a view to getting a job at some point. Not saying it won't come in handy, but how many positions will be looking for that specific language above anything else?

To be fair, I didn't read the rest of the thread so wasn't sure of the motive for learning something new
Nic Barnes

24th Nov 14 at 21:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

So where would you start john and how?

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Learning 23 database queries in 0.1950161 seconds