corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Porsche 968 rams Clio off the track into a pit wall...

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Porsche 968 rams Clio off the track into a pit wall...
kz

User status: Offline
6th Nov 14 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Worth watching the whole video imo... awful behaviour!

http://www.carthrottle.com/this-amateur-racer-was-so-determined-not-to-let-this-clio-past-he-rammed-it-into-the-pit-lane-wall/
Gaz

6th Nov 14 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Rammed is a strong word from the footage. He tried to spook him and close the door and obviously misjudged his actual position.
taylorboosh

6th Nov 14 at 20:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nah he totally forced him off
AndyCorsaSport

6th Nov 14 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seen that other day, defiantly forced him off. About 70 to stop in half a second. Ouch.
--ToM--

6th Nov 14 at 21:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hardly mis judged it didn't stop pushing the clip towards the wall untill the last min then swerved back onto the track to avoid crashing himself, total bellend I would have put my helmet through his face in the pit lane total cunt behaviour could have Killed someone
AndyCorsaSport

6th Nov 14 at 21:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above! Clip from a seperate lap top where the car tries to pass the same porsche on both sides and he's swerving to block. Basically the same happened on the crash, but the car was alredy half way past. What a cunt. As said. Helmet to the face would have served him right!
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

6th Nov 14 at 21:44   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the clio clips him first. then the porsche tries to position himself on the right to take the next bend

im supporting the porsche driver here
Nic Barnes

6th Nov 14 at 21:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like they've played too much need for speed and don't actually have a clue how to drive.
Ben G

6th Nov 14 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah it's all a bit manic for a group of lads only there for a laugh.

Still, no need for that.

Hans device. Once again proving just how invaluable they are. He'd surely be dead or severly injured without it.

Clio held up surprisingly well. I know it's buggered, but I thought the damage would be much much worse.
Graham88

6th Nov 14 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone who sides with the Porsche is quite frankly an idiot.

He moves to block him off intentionally pushing him off, could have been fatal if it wasn't for safety gear. If he held his position he'd have had the line into the next corner anyway. Guy should be banned from ever racing again
Steve
Premium Member

7th Nov 14 at 07:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not going to side with the porsche driver as he was obviously to blame. But I don't think he rammed him off the track on purpose. I think he moved over to position for the next bend and completely misjudged the postion of the clio. As soon as the back end was clipped that would naturally turn the car towards the barrier hence why it looked like he was continuing to push him over. Then as soon as the clio was no longer touching his car he could swerve off it.

[Edited on 07-11-2014 by Steve]
Andy Stocker

7th Nov 14 at 08:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Porsche driver found at fault, 6 points on his race license and a 1 race ban.
3CorsaMeal

7th Nov 14 at 10:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
Looks like they've played too much need for speed and don't actually have a clue how to drive.

taylorboosh

7th Nov 14 at 10:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Id love to watch the words spoken afterwards
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

7th Nov 14 at 10:34   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Graham88
Anyone who sides with the Porsche is quite frankly an idiot.

He moves to block him off intentionally pushing him off, could have been fatal if it wasn't for safety gear. If he held his position he'd have had the line into the next corner anyway. Guy should be banned from ever racing again

Any comment on the part where the Clio nudges the Porsche mid bend?
taylorboosh

7th Nov 14 at 10:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think in that instance the clio went for a gap the porsche closed
neil h

7th Nov 14 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Not going to side with the porsche driver as he was obviously to blame. But I don't think he rammed him off the track on purpose. I think he moved over to position for the next bend and completely misjudged the postion of the clio. As soon as the back end was clipped that would naturally turn the car towards the barrier hence why it looked like he was continuing to push him over. Then as soon as the clio was no longer touching his car he could swerve off it.

[Edited on 07-11-2014 by Steve]

Agreed. When it started saying he was rammed off i was expecting a BTCC style dive, not a car moving across for the racing line being tagged by the car behind.

Would love to see it from the view of the porsche though.
Dom

7th Nov 14 at 15:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham

It does appear that the Clio driver taps the Porsche's rear quarter panel on entry to the corner (1:37 on the video) and Porsche driver attempted to 'close the gap' in response but completely misjudged it.
I think the whole situation could have been easily avoided though - Porsche driver having better awareness of the Clio's position and leaving space, and the Clio driver backing out when the gap was closing rather than keeping his foot in as well as him not 'running out of talent' and tapping cars - something he heavily criticises in the video.

The whole series looks very amateurish with everyone hitting each other though
birchieboy

7th Nov 14 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dom
quote:
Originally posted by IvIarkgraham

It does appear that the Clio driver taps the Porsche's rear quarter panel on entry to the corner (1:37 on the video) and Porsche driver attempted to 'close the gap' in response but completely misjudged it.
I think the whole situation could have been easily avoided though - Porsche driver having better awareness of the Clio's position and leaving space, and the Clio driver backing out when the gap was closing rather than keeping his foot in as well as him not 'running out of talent' and tapping cars - something he heavily criticises in the video.

The whole series looks very amateurish with everyone hitting each other though

I have raced a few rounds in this series and although not at this race in particular, as a whole the driving standard is very good and mostly the racing is clean. However, the reason it looks amateurish is because, it's made for amateurs! Like me! A track day driver that wants to experience real racing! To be fair it's the best thing I've ever done! Do one round and you'll be hooked for life!
I hope situations like this don't happen again, but in grass roots racing there will always be someone driving past their limit
AndyKent

8th Nov 14 at 09:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hardly looks deliberate to me. An error in judgement from the Porsche driver, but not forcing him off the track. Just closed the door too late.
SVM 286

10th Nov 14 at 14:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks to me as though the Clio driver was looking for a gap in the wrong place.

He definitely shares culpability as he started pushing the Porsche and seemed to unsettle it.

Probably a case of, he pushed and then got pushed back.

Six of one and half a dozen of the other, to my mind.

It would be interesting to see more angles though.
Steve
Premium Member

11th Nov 14 at 13:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just read through some of the comments on the youtube video, the author is replying to all the comments that are "smack the fucker in the face" or similar ilk but completely choosing not to reply to anyone pointing out that it wasn't done on purpose or the clio was equally as dirty on some of the previous bends,

Deffo sour grapes
Graham88

11th Nov 14 at 13:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

'Rubbing is racing'

Driving into the side of someone and pushing them off the track is not.
Nic Barnes

11th Nov 14 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

NEED4FUKENSPEED

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Porsche 968 rams Clio off the track into a pit wall... 22 database queries in 0.0954819 seconds