corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » Corsa b c20xe cutting out

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa b c20xe cutting out
Matty Gsi Rep

User status: Offline
2nd Nov 14 at 15:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Right people ive got a c20xe in my corsa and its recently just started cutting out whenever it wants but get it running it idles fine etc ive replaced dizzy cap, rotor arm, plugs, temp sensor and sender, crank sensor, throttle position sensor, lambda sensor, fuel relay, upper and lower tb gasket and its still cutting out, I'm abit baffled, anyone shed any light on this?
Richie

2nd Nov 14 at 20:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does the engine management light come on straight away when it cuts out or does it flicker?

Had it before but not on a C20XE - was a dodgy earth for the ECU. So check ECU connections / earths ect especially if you have replaced everything.
Matty Gsi Rep

3rd Nov 14 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Eml isn't wired up mate I have a Digi dash, ive checked the earths onto the fuel rail and they're fine, ive tried another Ecu and still the same thing happens, the fuel pump is a brand new walbro one also, a few people have asked me if I have the earth from chassis to gearbox but I've never had one since I built the car a few years ago and it's always started up first time.
monkeytwizzel

3rd Nov 14 at 21:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you don't have an earth from engine/box to body then you need to fit one anyway.
Wire up eml to check for stored faults and with a bit of luck your problem will be stored.
dalejones

12th Nov 14 at 20:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unplug ur ECU and check all the pins for corrosion, I had this and it was because water found its way through the loom gromit and into the ECU

New Poll