corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Transparent Proxy Application

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Transparent Proxy Application
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
22nd Oct 14 at 09:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have a problem.

School I'm helping at at the moment has a proxy server that is managed by LEA, it DOESN'T run in transparent mode so I wpad the config to clients.

Piece of shit Leapfrog software totally ignores IE and Windows (netsh winhttp) proxy settings and tried to connect directly to internet from within software which obviously fails as all non proxied traffic is blocked.

I need a little windows application to sit on one computer that will act as a little transparent proxy, forward the traffic without this shit software knowing it to the real proxy (proxy.school.net:8080 for example) and allow the world to be a happy place and help me please the hot teacher that's asking for it.

Anyone know of anything that'll help?

Thanks
Brett
Premium Member

22nd Oct 14 at 09:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CCProxy?
pow
Premium Member

22nd Oct 14 at 10:22   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

CCProxy doesn't work in transparent mode
Dom

22nd Oct 14 at 10:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WinGate? Squid?
Brett
Premium Member

22nd Oct 14 at 10:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh, I checked first and it said cc and squid could. Oh well.
pow
Premium Member

22nd Oct 14 at 10:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Squid seems like a right faff... I'll check wingate now
pow
Premium Member

22nd Oct 14 at 11:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

WinGate doens't do it either There must be a little application that sits in the system tray, listens for traffic on port 80 and 443 on the system and forwards it on to a defined proxy server addressort.
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

22nd Oct 14 at 18:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Squid works well.

What firewall do you run does that support it?
pow
Premium Member

22nd Oct 14 at 22:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's the local Grid for Learning one - you have to buy into a transparent service (which I refuse to do for one sodding application). Perhaps I'll set a Squid proxy up on a Linux virtual server - might help with the odd staff BYOD device as well.
John

22nd Oct 14 at 22:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can get squid for windows too. The mcafee mxlogic wds connector uses squid.

New Poll