corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Pulled over by police

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Pulled over by police
Jason x
Premium Member

User status: Offline
7th Oct 14 at 22:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In town after work tonight I got pulled over, he said he pulled me over becuase my exhaust is too loud

Now he didn't test the db or give me a fine, just said I had better change it.. Now as much as I'm glad I didn't get fined... Do I actually have to change it?

My friend who's got pretty much tr same system got pulled and tested before and passed so idk what to do, I don't want to now get constantly pulled over but nor do I want to change it.

[Edited on 07-10-2014 by Jason x]

Ste
Premium Member

7th Oct 14 at 22:35   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Go to a garage, have it tested and ask them to write you a letter of compliance. Keep it in your glovebox for any future issues. If it is too loud, then change it and be legal.

I would rather lose by a mile because i built my own car, than win by an inch because someone else built it for me.
BeetleGav

7th Oct 14 at 22:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ignore him, they don't carry the equipment to test it anymore apparently.
Jason x
Premium Member

7th Oct 14 at 22:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hmmm, May take it to garage then and get that done

Btw it's a sportex back box and Racetube

When I questioned him about testing it, he was going on about it being illegal because no baffles can you get fined without bein tested?

Ben G

7th Oct 14 at 22:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He used the exhaust as an excuse to stop you.

When he realised you weren't a druggy or alchy, he let you go with some bullshit warning.
Jason x
Premium Member

7th Oct 14 at 23:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's exactly what my dad said

I saw him way down the road poking out a side road as if he was going to turn but he didn't pull out until I passed so I knew straight away I was going to get pulled

Didn't even nail it approaching him or anything so dot know how he would of even heard me from so far away
Ian
Site Administrator

7th Oct 14 at 23:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You've not been forced to change it, if you were being forced you'd have been issued a prohibition notice like this -

https://www.flickr.com/photos/leicester-vehicle-photography/8500132855/

In the mean time, its a great excuse to stop you. Which if everything is legal is fine, just stop and be nice. Or if not, expect to be done for it.

Personally I'd sort it and get stopped less. Not that I necessarily drive illegal cars, just that I couldn't be arsed driving around wondering when the next time I was going to have to take 30 minutes out of my day.

And also - re his ability to do you - depends how strongly he feels about it. Just because you've only been talked to now doesn't mean it won't be a load more shit next time.

[Edited on 07-10-2014 by Ian]
p

8th Oct 14 at 00:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
He used the exhaust as an excuse to stop you.

When he realised you weren't a druggy or alchy, he let you go with some bullshit warning.

Probably a fairly accurate assessment

I remember once I had to make a two minute journey to give an X-Box game to a buddy of mine at his house. The 'local' police people and a couple of normal officers were in a Prius, and I passed them at a small roundabout on the way to my friends house. On the way back (so literally been in the car about 3/4 minutes from my house to his and back to the roundabout) and about 30 seconds from my house, I go past the Prius again. They followed me back to my house and said 'We're stopping you because we've seen you about a lot today' and obviously I was thinking, you what? having been in the car for under 5 minutes in the whole day. Then they was like 'where do you live' and given I'd driven back to my house I merely just pointed to my house having parked outside of it. All in all, farcical, just ridiculous. It then preceded with the 'you look quite young to be driving that' and all that crap. Was a long time ago when I had the Type-R.

[Edited on 08-10-2014 by p]
John

8th Oct 14 at 06:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'd be so embarrassed at being stopped for my exhaust I'd change it/sell the car, really.
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

8th Oct 14 at 08:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John
I'd be so embarrassed at being stopped for my exhaust I'd change it/sell the car, really.

STFU you helmet.

If that was the real reason for the stop he would have been given a form like Ian has posted.
If I was a boring cunt like you I'd be to embarrassed to be alive!
gidged500
Premium Member

8th Oct 14 at 09:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Like beetle gav said they don't carry equipment any more I got pulled a few years ago in my b because of how loud it was (set a car alarm off) got pulled he said It's too loud and I need to change it.
I never bothered got pulled by the same copper months after for racing but he never checked the exhaust or anything.
Best thing to do is drive sensibly through built up areas as the sound will echo and seem it's louder
Jason x
Premium Member

8th Oct 14 at 10:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ian
Personally I'd sort it and get stopped less. Not that I necessarily drive illegal cars, just that I couldn't be arsed driving around wondering when the next time I was going to have to take 30 minutes out of my day.

And also - re his ability to do you - depends how strongly he feels about it.

This is my main concern now, every time I see a Police traffic car I'm going to think im going to get pulled over.
Jason x
Premium Member

8th Oct 14 at 10:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by gidged500
Like beetle gav said they don't carry equipment any more I got pulled a few years ago in my b because of how loud it was (set a car alarm off) got pulled he said It's too loud and I need to change it.
I never bothered got pulled by the same copper months after for racing but he never checked the exhaust or anything.
Best thing to do is drive sensibly through built up areas as the sound will echo and seem it's louder

This is why I don't get why I was even pulled, I saw him poking out the junction way down the road I could see it was a unmarked police car becuase of how well lit the high street is so went slow and kept revs really low but he still came after me anyway, maybe he saw me/heard me earlier on in the day ?

I don't think I will change it, not unless I'm forced to anyway
Jason x
Premium Member

8th Oct 14 at 10:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by John

Sell the car

nathy_87

8th Oct 14 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ignore him Jason, he is just being his usual cunty self.

I had a copper pull me over for "driving a little eratic" I also had a loud exhaust on (straight through pipe) and was going through the gears so sounded like I was going faster than I actually was, copper just said bit loud aint it? and probably not legal but at least people will hear you before seeing you , he let me off with a warning about the driving, I left the exhaust on for a bit and had police follow me but did nothing.

[Edited on 08-10-2014 by nathy_87]
Steve
Premium Member

8th Oct 14 at 11:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

To be fair, pretty much anything with a straight through pipe on sounds shit, don't ever understand why you'd want that on something you drive around with on the road.

Worse economy, worse performance, worse sound

[Edited on 08-10-2014 by Steve]
Stuarrrty

8th Oct 14 at 11:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I run sportex race tube decat and backbox on my sport bein stoped before for noise pollution and they did tgr decibel test but they only test wen cars on idle and it passes but wud fail if they reved it
Jason x
Premium Member

8th Oct 14 at 11:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by nathy_87
Ignore him Jason, he is just being his usual cunty self.

I had a copper pull me over for "driving a little eratic" I also had a loud exhaust on (straight through pipe) and was going through the gears so sounded like I was going faster than I actually was, copper just said bit loud aint it? and probably not legal but at least people will hear you before seeing you , he let me off with a warning about the driving, I left the exhaust on for a bit and had police follow me but did nothing.

[Edited on 08-10-2014 by nathy_87]

I think I will, first time I've been pulled since owning this car just try and keep revs down around town and leave it
Jason x
Premium Member

8th Oct 14 at 11:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stuarrrty
I run sportex race tube decat and backbox on my sport bein stoped before for noise pollution and they did tgr decibel test but they only test wen cars on idle and it passes but wud fail if they reved it

He said have you heard how loud it is from the outside I said no so he Went to my car and revved the nuts off it up to like 5k revs so it was popping

Is the test on only idle then do they not rev it at all?

[Edited on 08-10-2014 by Jason x]

Jason x
Premium Member

8th Oct 14 at 11:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
To be fair, pretty much anything with a straight through pipe on sounds shit, don't ever understand why you'd want that on something you drive around with on the road.

I like the sound, sounds nice
nathy_87

8th Oct 14 at 11:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jason x
quote:
Originally posted by Stuarrrty

He said have you heard how loud it is from the outside I said no so he Went to my car and revved the nuts off it up to like 5k revs so it was popping

Is the test on only idle then do they not rev it at all?

I thought they would rev it? Sure my mates have been told to rev his car to 3000 revs and he said no.
Stuarrrty

8th Oct 14 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Nope test is only at idle just like mot
Jason x
Premium Member

8th Oct 14 at 12:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fuck him then, one of my mates with the same setup & car as you has passed it before so mine should pass no trouble just idleing

--ToM--

8th Oct 14 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mot isn't at idle they build the revs up to around 2k for emissions and smoke checks etc
nathy_87

8th Oct 14 at 14:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve

Each to their own mate.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Pulled over by police 23 database queries in 0.1070118 seconds