corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Wifi password display screen

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Wifi password display screen
Doug

User status: Offline
6th Oct 14 at 11:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Afternoon,

I am rolling out an enterprise WiFi solution, and I am going to have a guest portal where they can connect using a password that I want to automatically change every 24 hours.

I want to display this passcode in the reception area of two buildings that are linked on the same network. But I am wondering the best way to do this.

I could simply get reception to print the code off each morning and stick the paper up. But I would prefer an electronic solution if possible. Any clever ideas?

I guess I could have a couple cheap tablets showing it?
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

6th Oct 14 at 11:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What wifi solution are you using?

does said wifi solution have the ability to change the password every 24 hours? does it have any other abilities such as to publish the password or email it or something?
pow
Premium Member

6th Oct 14 at 16:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surely an auto updating webpage would be the one?
Doug

6th Oct 14 at 19:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a Ruckus solution. I am told that it has the ability to change every 24 hours.

Pow, I'm not sure why I didn't think about that

Also considering just writing an Android app and using a cheap pair of tablets in nice holders.
pow
Premium Member

7th Oct 14 at 07:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

...or just an auto updating webpage driven by a couple of Pi's or even the tablets themselves

I use loads of slef updating PHP pages to show loads of things, mainly room bookings outside the rooms themselves!

[Edited on 07-10-2014 by pow]
willay
Premium Member

7th Oct 14 at 08:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

even if it updates every 24hrs, you need a way to publish it to make it automated.
pow
Premium Member

7th Oct 14 at 08:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Must be able to do something with a txt file? My Unifi stuff can dump a changing WPA key into a text file in a certain location when it updates.

[Edited on 07-10-2014 by pow]
willay
Premium Member

7th Oct 14 at 08:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that is sexy ^
pow
Premium Member

7th Oct 14 at 09:00   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

:kiss:

New Poll