corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Help Zone, Modification and ICE Advice » What Bottom Ends / Heads Are Interchangable?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What Bottom Ends / Heads Are Interchangable?
Mertin

User status: Offline
1st Oct 14 at 19:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mainly looking at a small block 1.6 16v head onto a 8v bottom end

Reason I ask is to remain in the same hillclimb class, Im looking at a potential new project for hillclimbs and sprints and a 1.3SR nova has came up for sale local that seems perfect.
Now that would put me into category B1 (up to 1400cc) and theres not much competition in there atm and its a bit of a dead end. B2 however (1600-2000) has alot more competition and would be better crack.

My limitations is that I must use a standard block that was available with the car, i.e Nova 1.6 8v block. Can use any head I want so was wondering what options I have, if any.
From some quick googling it seems theres a bit of a clash with the 8v crank bulley working with the 16v belt as the 16v has the crank sensor and also problems with tensioners aswell

[Edited on 01-10-2014 by Mertin]
f.p.e

User status: Offline
5th Oct 14 at 07:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can use a 16v bottom end with an 8v head. Get good power from them. Friend has one on a big valve head, solid lifters, double springs, jenvey tbs and mbe ecu. To put a 16v head on if you have too keep 8v pistons would need valve pockets machining but may not have thickness on the crown.

New Poll