corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Tax disc Q

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Tax disc Q
Jason x
Premium Member

User status: Offline
30th Sep 14 at 23:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

seen a couple pics of fb of people binning their tax disc setting it on fire etc, but what if you just leave it in can you get finned for displaying it now?

EDIT-reason for asking is i just got arden blue holder recently and dont want to throw it away

[Edited on 30-09-2014 by Jason x]
Nic Barnes

30th Sep 14 at 23:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah they take the car from you if it's still displayed as its against the law
Ben G

30th Sep 14 at 23:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You don't need to display it. Thats the only law Jason.

You can still leave it there until the expiry date if you wanted to look cool and hip.

Just taxed the missus' car and won't get a disc through end of an era!

On the other hand, I still need a tax didc holder for my security pass for work. I can see a lot of old coffic dodger morons commenting on my ''tax disc'' still being on the windscreen. Fun fun fun.

[Edited on 30-09-2014 by Ben G]
Jason x
Premium Member

30th Sep 14 at 23:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alright cheers, wasn't sure.. wouldnt put it past the fucker to fine for you it.

some bloke on my facebook uploaded a photo of his tax disc removed at 12: 02, strange behaviour to go outside at midnight to remove tax a disc.. same kind of bloke who would comment on the fact you are still displaying i suppose.

Payed good money for my holder am not binning it until i renew the tax.

Jason x
Premium Member

30th Sep 14 at 23:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Nic Barnes
Yeah they take the car from you if it's still displayed as its against the law

They would would have to taser me before they took my Corsa B away.
Ben G

1st Oct 14 at 00:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jason x
Alright cheers, wasn't sure.. wouldnt put it past the fucker to fine for you it.

some bloke on my facebook uploaded a photo of his tax disc removed at 12: 02, strange behaviour to go outside at midnight to remove tax a disc.. same kind of bloke who would comment on the fact you are still displaying i suppose.

Payed good money for my holder am not binning it until i renew the tax.

That guy sounds like a right pleb it makes no sense.

He's paying for it still, just not receiving anything in paper form. What a weirdo
Jason x
Premium Member

1st Oct 14 at 00:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

part of the caption on the photo was "its going to take a lot of getting used to"
Gary
Premium Member

1st Oct 14 at 08:12   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My tax disc fell off and went behind my dash months ago. I can confirm it takes zero getting used to it not been there
ed

1st Oct 14 at 09:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had to cut mine out

Steve
Premium Member

1st Oct 14 at 10:46   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same, it was like it was printed on a HP Deskjet 890C

[Edited on 01-10-2014 by Steve]
ed

1st Oct 14 at 11:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I then got a new perforated one on Saturday for my personal plate
John

1st Oct 14 at 11:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I got a disc (normal perforated) through last week for a plate change but didn't when I renewed tax on another car a couple of days later.
_Allan_

1st Oct 14 at 11:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well done ed, now you can bin them both
Steve
Premium Member

1st Oct 14 at 12:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
“Velologists” – that’s tax disc collectors – are on the lookout for pristine examples of the last ever discs. In particular, a run of very recent emergency-issue, non-perforated discs – produced in the last month or two when supplies of special perforated paper ran low – could appreciate significantly in value.

The most expensive disc ever sold is one of the first, from December 1921, and went for £810.30. One expert told the Telegraph that a pristine example of such a disc could sell for £1,000.

Jason x
Premium Member

1st Oct 14 at 12:15   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What kind of a sad case would pay a grand for an old tax disc.

Wtf do they even do with them, just look at it???
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

1st Oct 14 at 12:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have one thats not been out of the envelope

who wants to give me a grand??
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Oct 14 at 16:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I was thinking about this new system and it did occur to me that the transition to a daily record is now a lot easier with the removal of the disc.

No reason at all why it needs to start on the 1st of everything. Surely it can be calculated pro-rata and you pay or get back the actual value?

Might be worth starting a bit of a campaign for it - the current one is unfair if you sell a car mid-month.

Would also reduce the likelihood of the computers falling over if it was spread out.
deano87

1st Oct 14 at 16:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It is also worth noting that you cannot set up a Direct Debit pay monthly tax disc unless your tax disc is due 1st November i.e. those reminders sent out in October.

Mrs' tax run out yesterday, waited until this morning in the hope we could pay by Direct Debit and it didn't give the option.
Ben G

1st Oct 14 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much was the tax? My other halfs was 30 quid for the year, hardly worth worrying about.
deano87

1st Oct 14 at 20:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
How much was the tax? My other halfs was 30 quid for the year, hardly worth worrying about.

Corsa 1.2 SXi Twinport. £73 for 6 months, £130 for 12. They charge a 5% premium for Direct Debit.

My Fiesta is knocking £200/year. Both sets of monies a fair chunk considering we've just bought the house and still spending silly money on things/paying off cards

I'd imagine the super eco cars they won't allow Direct Debit payment, just like they don't give a 6 month option (which they also usually charge 10% extra for).
Andrew

1st Oct 14 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ian holds a valid point about Tax being calculated pro-rata moving forward.
Ian
Site Administrator

1st Oct 14 at 22:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Deffo think its worth asking for. The only real hindrance would be sending out stuff daily but now that has gone you wonder what else stands in the way.
VegasPhil
Premium Member

1st Oct 14 at 22:11   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I had a tatty tax disc holder in my car half on half off the windscreen so I pulled it straight off today.

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
deano87

2nd Oct 14 at 05:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hard.
ed

2nd Oct 14 at 09:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How do you tax a band A car? Do you even need to bother doing anything now?

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Tax disc Q 23 database queries in 0.1025681 seconds