corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » prefacelift sri road going drag car

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author prefacelift sri road going drag car
jonnyken

User status: Offline
30th Aug 14 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi folk thought id fire up a thread
Bought this with engine already fitted and no mot. Got it moted and had used it as a daily then i went and done my first 1/4 mile. Now im hookeded. First time down id just the seats out n shitty road tyres a 15.02

So spec at 2nd time out
corsa with a standard c20xe, avo coilovers, toyo t1r tyres on 15x6 steels instead of the standarx 14s and partly stripped (rear seats and brackets, door cards and sound deadening) weighed in at 880kgs
i ran a 14.4 and a 2.1 60ft

now i was doing the sensible approach and loosing weight and sorting traction before chasing more power for i do believe into the 13s was very achievable with bit more weight loss and slicks or drag radials but...

time slip

quick pic of the corsa (excuse the mirrors lol)

last pic with the redtop in it

ready to lift out

trail fit of the new plant

engine is to wide with theses pulleys and tensioner bracket sticking out
jonnyken

30th Aug 14 at 19:28   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

being out of a 9000 its proving to be to wide and the clutch assembly is for a 215mm where i need a 228mm flywheel and pressure plate to use my c20xe clutch plate and gearbox.

ive got timing case cover, alternator, water pump, crank pulley and tension from a saab 93 gathered up and im waiting on a drivers side engine mount arriving. Ill be back down tomorrow or monday and i aim to have timing chain cover etc fitted before mount arrives

[Edited on 30-08-2014 by jonnyken]
taylorboosh

31st Aug 14 at 10:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I fucking love sris
Simon_16v

31st Aug 14 at 12:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
I fucking love sris

I always wanted an 8v Sri after I passed my test, look ace with the red door strips
jonnyken

31st Aug 14 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Shes a 16v shell mate. I love the prefacelift sris. Nice front bumper and the red strips make them
jonnyken

5th Sep 14 at 21:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got a couple arrivals in the post

Firstly my drivers side engine mount. Fingers crossed it works

And a bit of a bargin i couldnt refuse a walbro 255 intank pump

Having abit of bother getting timing case changed over. Rang heads of bolts and no power in lock up. Ive lend of a generator so thatl be next weekends work. During the week i plan to work any woth the case still on and no pulley and trial fit the engine with the new mount
jonnyken

29th Sep 14 at 19:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got timing case changed over and bolted engine in tonight. Its just catching chassis leg and no more. Need to cut a bit out and weld in a section.
Next up is new flywheel pressure plate and clutch and get everything plumped in and a service and gaskets.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » prefacelift sri road going drag car 23 database queries in 0.0101459 seconds