corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I'm thinking of getting a 125 bike...

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author I'm thinking of getting a 125 bike...
Paul_J

User status: Offline
12th May 03 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm thinking about getting a 125cc that I can ride when I can't be bothered to take the car... much to the disaproval of my mother heh... (My dad has had and still has several bikes and lets just say he's had many a accident / injury from riding)...

The one's I'm looking at are the Aprilia 125 RS, Cagiva 125 Mito and Honda 150 NSR...

Here's a pic of the aprilia

here's a pic of the mito

here's a pic of the NSR

In my opinion the mito looks the nicest, then the NSR then the aprilia...

I've heard the NSR is slower than the aprilia and mito though

but the aprilia is supposedly really unreliable and the mito is quite expensive...

Which do you think I should go for?

Also does anyone know what sort of insurance quote I should expect? I'm 18, been driving for a year and a half, got 1 yr NCB, (done pass plus too) ...

Thanks,

Paul J
beattie17

12th May 03 at 18:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

go for the mito get it in yellow if they still do it. then tune it
carl moffatt

12th May 03 at 18:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

personally i would go for the apillia RS125, love the bike to bits. The mito looks good, but money wise the aprillia is far better.
l33t corsa

12th May 03 at 18:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is the NSR 150 available in the UK? I didn't know it had a single side swing arm either.

I'd go for the Mito... looks like a mini ducati
ChazSXi

12th May 03 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

NSR..loks the best IMHO! Aprilia Looks 2 bubbly and the mito is a ducati wanna b(but it cant b!) so the NSR looks mean plus uve got another 25cc!
l33t corsa

12th May 03 at 18:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

ooo the NSR reminds me of how much Valentino Rossi destroyed the ducatis in the Moto GP yesterday
Daimo B

12th May 03 at 18:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

NSR with single sided swinging arm is an import.

Be careful, or you may fall off like i did 2nite 3 years on an old bike with no problems. 1 slip on a white line and down i went
Ojc

12th May 03 at 19:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

NSR is shit, end of story.

Cagiva has shit a gearbox (7 speed) and does not ride like a real race bike but can match RS's speed on the straights but when it comes to the twisties the RS will leave them for dead.

Please buy the Aprilia, the rest are just awfull.
Ojc

12th May 03 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But once you have seen all the bikes up close I know for a fact that you will only like the RS
sdlcrosby

12th May 03 at 19:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

how much does each bike cost?!
Ojc

12th May 03 at 19:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

New?

Think there all the same, £2,899 or there abouts.
l33t corsa

12th May 03 at 19:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This is a proper 125

sdlcrosby

12th May 03 at 19:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

l33t corsa that is fooking lush. . . i love that bike. . . i want 1 now! how much?!
Adam_B

12th May 03 at 19:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Get a 250, will sound loads better
BabyBlade

12th May 03 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah get an Aprillia ur looking for a bike thats gonna spend more time in the garage being fixed than on the road right? Trouble is they are fast bikes but theyre tuned far too much, blow the piston and the chambers gotta be re-lined, u got that kind of money??
Mito's just shit-Sounds shit, goes ok but people will just laugh at u, like someone said above they're a ducati wannabe.
Go for the NSR, good performance, good reliablility, can be tuned easily, looks like a real bike for engine capacity and sounds good with a decent exhasut, other two sound like 50's-annoying!!
BabyBlade

12th May 03 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Adam_B
Get a 250, will sound loads better

I agree, do ur test if u havnt and get something thats gettin towards a real bike
l33t corsa

12th May 03 at 19:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
l33t corsa that is fooking lush. . . i love that bike. . . i want 1 now! how much?!

Comes in 250 as well

I think it's japan only, so you'd have to import

http://www.honda.co.jp/HRC/info/products/rs125r/index.html

or in english:

http://babelfish.altavista.com/babelfish/urltrurl?tt=url&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.honda.co.jp%2FHRC%2Finfo%2Fproducts%2Frs125r%2Findex.html&lp=ja_en

990,000 yen...

[Edited on 12-05-2003 by l33t corsa]
sdlcrosby

12th May 03 at 20:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

which is how much in english?!
l33t corsa

12th May 03 at 20:12   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I dunno... type in currency rates or summat in google and find out!
Ojc

12th May 03 at 20:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Sethion33
yeah get an Aprillia ur looking for a bike thats gonna spend more time in the garage being fixed than on the road right? Trouble is they are fast bikes but theyre tuned far too much, blow the piston and the chambers gotta be re-lined, u got that kind of money??
Mito's just shit-Sounds shit, goes ok but people will just laugh at u, like someone said above they're a ducati wannabe.
Go for the NSR, good performance, good reliablility, can be tuned easily, looks like a real bike for engine capacity and sounds good with a decent exhasut, other two sound like 50's-annoying!!

WTF, you are a fool.

Aprilia's are not unrealible!! How many times have I heard this before its starting to bore me

Between me and my friends we have had 11 Aprilia's ranging from the SR50 scooter, the RX50 Scrambler, loads of RS50's, a H-reg AF1, and 3 RS125's, all of different ages and not ONE!! NOT ONE!! Ever blew up! The only one that went wrong was the AF1 and that was because he was trying to pop wheelies with someone on the back and he chewed the sprockets up.

The NSR is cheap and nasty and so is the Mito.
Ojc

12th May 03 at 20:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Infact the NSR is so shit that I would rather keep my RS50 than ride about that.

Honda's are generally shit slow, like I demonstrated the other day
BabyBlade

12th May 03 at 20:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ojc
quote:
Originally posted by Sethion33

WTF, you are a fool.

Aprilia's are not unrealible!! How many times have I heard this before its starting to bore me

Between me and my friends we have had 11 Aprilia's ranging from the SR50 scooter, the RX50 Scrambler, loads of RS50's, a H-reg AF1, and 3 RS125's, all of different ages and not ONE!! NOT ONE!! Ever blew up! The only one that went wrong was the AF1 and that was because he was trying to pop wheelies with someone on the back and he chewed the sprockets up.

The NSR is cheap and nasty and so is the Mito.

Ok i didnt mean the SR50 scooter or the RX50 Scrambler, should have said that BUT let me state a fact:
IT IS WELL KNOWN THE RS SERIES ARE PRONE TO BLOWING UP, if you do not admit this, you are a fool!!! You've heard it soo many times cos its true!! The only people that dont admit theyre crap is the actual owners, and even some of them admit theyre crap!
I used to work at a bike garage part time and the amount of people that brought rs50's and 125's in to get fixed and then all they wanted to do was to flog it and get a real bike. Maybe ur's havent blown up yet, they might never but most do.
P.S The NSR is ther best bike out of the three, its still crap tho, trials bikes are the way forward
Ojc

12th May 03 at 20:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They obviously fail to fill them with oil.

Let me just do a quick count up of all the RS's me and my mates have owned.

BRB
BabyBlade

12th May 03 at 20:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

lol, well theres no point argueing this out, it could go on for ever. As long as your bike's never blown up, thats what matters
P.S I'm biast cos i only like me trials bikes
uh oh its Japanese.....
Ojc

12th May 03 at 20:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Barker - RS125 (New shape) ragged to death, lives in his garage still has'nt blown up.

Mitchell - RS50 Rossi rep (old shape) from new, fully de-restricted done 12,000 km's never went wrong once.

Thompson - RS50 (New shape) Rossi Rep -Never blew up and ragged to death but he crashed it

Thompson - RS50 (New shape) Harada Rep - Ragged to absolute death, stolen

Thompson - RS50 (Old shape) Harda rep No2 - Still in his garage I believe.

Lips - RS125 (Old shape) Harda rep sold it after 9,000 km's no problems.

Me - RS50 (New shape) Harda rep, 4,500km's, runs like new and keeps with restricted NSR 125's and whoops them around the twisties.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » I'm thinking of getting a 125 bike... 22 database queries in 0.1048870 seconds