corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa D bodykit?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa D bodykit?
hockeydude780

User status: Offline
16th Jul 14 at 17:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am thinking of buying a body kit for my 2011 Corsa Excite 1.2, and as it is the facelift model bodykits for it are very epensive. I have however come across fibreglass replicas of the body kit for around £200 (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Vauxhall-C...item3f2f9f1e49) , a reasonable enough price. I do have some concerns about it though.

I do know some people who have fitted fibreglass kits to their cars, and they say that it just chips due to stones off the road hitting it etc. What is your opinion on it? Should I just save for the original parts or try to source second hand parts from ebay etc and get them posted and sprayed or should I consider these kits?

Also, as my car doesn't have the sports exhaust, if i wanted to fit a sports exhaust would I have to replace my back bumper? I know some people have just cut their bumper to make it fit before, but I would be reluctant to do so! Im sure that voids the insurance in some way?

Thanks!
tom130691
Premium Member

16th Jul 14 at 19:01   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

putting a body kit will do more insurance wise than trimming the bumper

so its just the limited edition kit surely you could buy it second hand, it will fit better and you could probably get your colour

link for everyone else

http://www.ebay.ph/itm/Vauxhall-Corsa-D-Facelift-Body-Kit-2013-/271381896777?pt=UK_Car_Exterior_Accessories&hash=item3f2f9f1e49
oceansoul

16th Jul 14 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by tom130691
http://www.ebay.ph/itm/Vauxhall-Corsa-D-Facelift-Body-Kit-2013-/271381896777?pt=UK_Car_Exterior_Accessories&hash=item3f2f9f1e49

Ebay in Philippines?
hockeydude780

16th Jul 14 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Went hunting and I've managed to get all genuine parts off ebay so far, but I can't find genuine used side skirts anywhere! Any ideas?

[Edited on 16-07-2014 by hockeydude780]
AndyCorsaSport

16th Jul 14 at 22:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't get fibreglass. Will fit shit, cheaply made etc.

Best off sticking with genuine used. Only the front bumper is different for facelift so rear and sideskirts Gould be easy enough to find. Only problem is there's plenty of people who want them therefor they demand a higher price.

eBay/gumtree places like that best place to look.
willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

17th Jul 14 at 09:14   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by hockeydude780
Went hunting and I've managed to get all genuine parts off ebay so far, but I can't find genuine used side skirts anywhere! Any ideas?

[Edited on 16-07-2014 by hockeydude780]

Get a daily search setup on eBay, or look for cars breaking. One will turn up soon they always do
Ian
Site Administrator

17th Jul 14 at 10:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Note how the stock photo on that listing is a factory car.

Fiberglass might save you money to buy but its complete false economy if it doesn't fit right - unless you're doing it yourself and very skilled then expect a big bodyshop bill to sort it.
Brett
Premium Member

17th Jul 14 at 10:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Remember me and my dad fitting my Combat 2 wide kit in the garage Shocking quality tbh, but as complete n00bs we did manage it.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa D bodykit? 22 database queries in 0.0093088 seconds