corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Glue on the seats

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Glue on the seats
dan_m1les

User status: Offline
   16th Jul 14 at 15:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Afternoon All

In my new car, the previous owner had stuck two Type-R badges that are designed for the boot, onto the rear seats and after gently taking them off, they have left a gluey residue behind on the seat.

Any pointers for getting it off? I can post a picture of he residue if it will help!

Thanks

Dan
DaveyLC

16th Jul 14 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try hot soapy water first, then try heating with a hair-dryer/heatgun (on low). If that fails to soften it you'll need to resort to thinners which will more than likely fuck the polyester/acrylic the seats are made from

[Edited on 16-07-2014 by DaveyLC]
karisma_corsa

16th Jul 14 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Try white spirit in an inconspicious place first to see how it reacts but it should be fine. I retrim car interiors and if I ever get glue on alcantara or fabrics a light rub with a microfibre with white spirit gets it off. Clean afterwards with a soapy solution to get rid of the white spirit smell.

[Edited on 16-07-2014 by karisma_corsa]
dan_m1les

16th Jul 14 at 17:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool, I'll give it a go!
GB123
Premium Member

16th Jul 14 at 18:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

'Gluey residue' eh?

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Glue on the seats 22 database queries in 0.0117190 seconds