corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What happened to Shell FuelSave?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author What happened to Shell FuelSave?
pow
Premium Member

User status: Offline
3rd Jun 14 at 12:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Used to be everywhere (I only ever fill up at Shell but diesel normally!) but now it either says "Normal Unleaded/Diesel" or "FuelSave temporarily unavailable"

QUick google shows something to do with 10% ethanol content but nothing firm, just a load of forum posts moaning about carbs overheating!

Anyone know anymore? Curious
SVM 286

4th Jun 14 at 17:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not familiar with it Pow. Was it a promotion or a specific fuel?
AndyKent

5th Jun 14 at 17:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I noticed this last time I fuelled up too, every pump back to standard.

Never noticed any difference between 'normal' and fuelsave but spotted the change nonetheless.
ed

5th Jun 14 at 21:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Petrol contains about 5% ethanol now anyway, they wouldn't be putting 10% in because the car manufacturers can't make their minds up as to whether this will fuck the engine and other bits or not.
ed

5th Jun 14 at 21:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

They probably had more problems like this: http://www.asa.org.uk/Rulings/Adjudications/2011/10/Shell-UK-Ltd/SHP_ADJ_154707.aspx

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » What happened to Shell FuelSave? 22 database queries in 0.0094759 seconds