corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » been a while.. quick/recent portrait

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author been a while.. quick/recent portrait
will_ainsworth

User status: Offline
19th May 14 at 03:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Been quite a while since i posted any pictures, been rather busy with new stuff but been shooting and editing quite a lot recently... anyway ive seen a few pics of post processing work on here (blukoo and the autos mainly) something a bit different but something i did today....

and a before and after

[Edited on 19-05-2014 by will_ainsworth]
Balling
Premium Member

19th May 14 at 09:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like CGI. The 'before' is miles better than the 'after'.

will_ainsworth

19th May 14 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Balling
Looks like CGI. The 'before' is miles better than the 'after'.

if you say so mate!
Balling
Premium Member

20th May 14 at 08:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by will_ainsworth
if you say so mate!

Besides the background change, nothing you've done has actually improved what was already a very good portrait shot.

His face looks completely fake. Beard, hairline and skin all look overly processed and weird.
You've removed most of the definition in his arm and hand, including muscles and veins, which makes his arm look doughy.

I'm sure your approach would have been fine for skinny blonde, but on this dude it just looks remarkably strange.

Take the original shot and throw it on the alley background and it'll look sweet.

[Edited on 20-05-2014 by Balling]

willay
Organiser: South East, National Events
Premium Member

20th May 14 at 08:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks cool 8/10
Tiger

10th Jun 14 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it looks good. I must admit it looks like something i'd expect in, say, GTAV, rather than an actual portrait of someone, but thats not to take anything away from it. Skillz.
nibnob21
Premium Member

10th Jun 14 at 19:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with Balling.

MX5 Project Thread

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Snap Day » been a while.. quick/recent portrait 24 database queries in 0.0109549 seconds