corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Hikvision DS-2CD2032-I
John

User status: Offline
15th May 14 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Got one of these after being recommended in the previous thread.

Pretty impressed so far, main problem is the recording, haven't managed to get it to work with either SMB or a windows NFS share yet. Managed to get it to initialize once then just randomly lost it when it had finished. On the latest 5.1.2 firmware.

Any sure fire ways if getting it going Dom/Hammer?
Dom

16th May 14 at 18:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Had it briefly working with FTP (quickly setup a FTP server on my Synology box) and it seemed to store OK and i could play the file back. But i now use Synology's Surveillance Station which handles everything.

I'll double check what firmware is on the cameras (yet to bother updating them, so they're running what ever they came with) and have a quick play with SMB/NFS and let you know.
John

16th May 14 at 19:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can they record to FTP constantly? I could only see send image to FTP. FTP is fine, can set that up no problem
Dom

16th May 14 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Using 5.0.2 (it's what it came with); did a quick test with SMB (share setup on Synology box) and it seemed to work - could see the file and it was still there after i switched it off.

I'd double check the cam-it and CCTVForum's and make sure there isn't an issue with 5.1.x firmware; i've read similar threads in the past with folk updating and it in turn borking cameras.

And yeah, 95% sure it was dumping video via FTP - if i get a spare 5 minutes tomorrow i'll have another play and see if i can get it working via FTP again.
John

16th May 14 at 21:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'll continue pissing about until it works, if you do have any insight that would be handy though.

Got it for £65 off alibaba BTW. Took about a month to get here but sorted it to be fully English, including the day on the overlay which seems to be the normal problem.

As long as I can get it recording to something I'll order another couple.
John

24th May 14 at 18:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Finally managed to get xpenology running and got camera recording to that.

Pretty good tbh.

PC I'm using wouldn't boot to the usb images and I couldn't get it working. As soon as I found an iso I could burn to CD it worked fine.
Bart

24th May 14 at 20:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dom,
How many of these cameras are hooked up to your synology?

Ive never looked at the CCTV side of the synology.
Do you fix a set amount of storage space for recordings in DSM or tell it to keep a set amount of days?
John

24th May 14 at 20:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You can choose either.

New Poll