corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa A-B 1.2 8v head swap questions?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa A-B 1.2 8v head swap questions?
BeanLuvsBeans

User status: Offline
14th May 14 at 18:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hi guys,

Hope you can assist me with a few questions I have. I have a 1.2 Corsa A and a Corsa B (coil pack)engine sitting on the ground. I was talking to a guy a few weeks ago and he stated that the coil pack engine is actually a higher compression engine. Is this true and is it from the head it gets it?

I have to use the Corsa A engine with the distributor so can I fit the head from the Corsa B? Obviously I will need to swap cams but apart from that what do you think? Will I get any kind of improvement in performance? I know they are gutless lumps but this is what I have to use.

Thanks for any help,

Bean
tom130691
Premium Member

15th May 14 at 08:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure on the compression i would assume differnt pistons :S (check when heads are off)

should fit fine, i believe most of the small block 8v stuff is interchangeable
Simon_16v

15th May 14 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you got any performance increase I doubt it would be on a measurable/noticeable scale

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa A-B 1.2 8v head swap questions? 22 database queries in 0.0101519 seconds