corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Midweek Games

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Midweek Games
Steve
Premium Member

User status: Offline
30th Apr 14 at 10:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bullshit, if Liverpool won the match playing that way there would be YNWA all over the place and BR would be a tactical genius.

[Edited on 30-04-2014 by Steve]
Steve
Premium Member

30th Apr 14 at 10:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Besides Chelseas interest in term of entertainment is purely towards there own fans, and I would be surprised to find any fan who would sacrifice that win for some sort of gun ho approach
JonnyJ

30th Apr 14 at 11:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has there been a deleted post somewhere here?

You appear to have called bullshit and then agree with everything i said

[Edited on 30-04-2014 by JonnyJ]
Steve
Premium Member

30th Apr 14 at 11:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sorry wasn't aimed at the last post, aimed at Liverpool fans in general
JonnyJ

30th Apr 14 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In regards to that then, yep, totally agree. IF Liverpool were 1-0'ing their way to a league title then their fans would be loving it every bit as much as 4-3'ing it there and tbf if BR took that approach and it worked, he should be praised as much as he is now. He wouldnt, because the media would turn out this shit that "its not the right way"
Hammer

30th Apr 14 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
quote:
Hahaha. This will be brilliant if this ends up a Chelsea/Real final after the shit both teams got for daring to defend.

Victory for tactical, organised football, defeat for those who get hard ons over pass completion stats

There is no comparison between this Madrid side and Chelsea.

Madrid are still sublime to watch when they are attacking, Chelsea just don't attack. Ever.

Don't they?

In Europe? No. Madrid have 1 player that provides a greater attacking threat than the entire Chelsea squad.

As a neutral I would watch Madrid any time they were on TV, only reason I would watch Chelsea was if they were playing a good team.
JonnyJ

30th Apr 14 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well thats great, im sure they're horrified by that, as they sit in the semi finals

As i said, they dont exist to entertain you. So whats the problem?
Hammer

30th Apr 14 at 13:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If every team played like Chelsea no one would watch football matches other than supporters of their own team so yes it is a problem.

Football teams do exist to entertain hence the reason they charge thousands of pounds for season tickets and why you pay SKY 50 quid a month to watch football games.
Marc

30th Apr 14 at 13:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm sure a certain member criticised Premier League teams recently for grinding out boring wins..
Ben G

30th Apr 14 at 14:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Was i actually watching bayern municb last night? Or was it west ham united reserves?

Real were magnificent.
JonnyJ

30th Apr 14 at 14:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
If every team played like Chelsea no one would watch football matches other than supporters of their own team so yes it is a problem.

Football teams do exist to entertain hence the reason they charge thousands of pounds for season tickets and why you pay SKY 50 quid a month to watch football games.

I dont pay sky fuck all for football thank you very much I'd never pay for football on TV, i dont have an interest in any other team than the one i support. You could put any combination of football teams together for a match and my interest levels couldnt be lower unless one of them is York City or England. Every team in the Premier League could play like Barca and i still wouldnt be handing over money to watch it.

My joy from football comes from my connection to my club. The fact i have genuine emotions riding on the result. When thats gone, its just 22 blokes smacking a ball around some grass. The only way i can make a game of football exciting, which contains 2 teams i dont care about is by putting a bet on

Different strokes for different folks though, having the same debate on another football forum and theres definitely a split between those who enjoy watching the game played in a certain way (like yourself), those who enjoy all aspects of the game and those who only enjoy it if there's a reason to care (like me)
Ben G

30th Apr 14 at 14:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If celtic were bottom of the Scottish divison, leaking goals against shit, but passing nicely, would hammer feel the same?
Marc

30th Apr 14 at 14:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well your team does that and you still support them.
Ben G

30th Apr 14 at 14:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

At least we're in a battle for something.

You're in mid table fighting for nothing. Boring.
Marc

30th Apr 14 at 14:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't win it every year I suppose.
Ben G

30th Apr 14 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't win it ever again matey
Eck
Premium Member

30th Apr 14 at 15:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have no doubt that a 1-0 win is better than a defeat in an attractive way, but as a neutral watching these games, I'd watch the game that looks to be more entertaining every time. I tend to switch off "Super Sunday" when it involves Chelsea
Hammer

30th Apr 14 at 15:51   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
quote:

I dont pay sky fuck all for football thank you very much I'd never pay for football on TV, i dont have an interest in any other team than the one i support. You could put any combination of football teams together for a match and my interest levels couldnt be lower unless one of them is York City or England. Every team in the Premier League could play like Barca and i still wouldnt be handing over money to watch it.

My joy from football comes from my connection to my club. The fact i have genuine emotions riding on the result. When thats gone, its just 22 blokes smacking a ball around some grass. The only way i can make a game of football exciting, which contains 2 teams i dont care about is by putting a bet on

Different strokes for different folks though, having the same debate on another football forum and theres definitely a split between those who enjoy watching the game played in a certain way (like yourself), those who enjoy all aspects of the game and those who only enjoy it if there's a reason to care (like me)

You represent the VAST minority.
Hammer

30th Apr 14 at 15:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Ben G
If celtic were bottom of the Scottish divison, leaking goals against shit, but passing nicely, would hammer feel the same?

I wouldn't but that makes no odds to my point as I support Celtic. My point is, for the neutral, Chelsea's style of football is shit. I don't even dislike Chelsea either, I used to love watching guys like Zola because they were creative and went about their business the right way.
Russ

30th Apr 14 at 16:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=705878192784914
Ben G

30th Apr 14 at 19:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yesssssss!!!!!!
Ben G

30th Apr 14 at 19:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Now things get interesting.
Marc

30th Apr 14 at 19:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A Madrid derby final would be pretty good, knowing Chelsea they will get the result they need tonight.
JonnyJ

30th Apr 14 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
A Madrid derby final would be pretty good, knowing Chelsea they will get the result they need tonight.

Good if you like watching players roll on the floor for 90% of the game like.
Ben G

30th Apr 14 at 20:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thats that then.

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Midweek Games 23 database queries in 0.1018829 seconds