corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » House Day » Pricing up Double Glazing

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Pricing up Double Glazing
Graham88

User status: Offline
23rd Mar 14 at 01:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Does anybody know any websites that you can price up windows based on measurements I've taken? Wickes do windows at a decent price but they seem to be standard sizes, and none would be any good for me

I'm just looking for rough pricing really, I've seen people on other forums saying they've paid £5000 for 10 windows, which is what I'd need so I'm currently using that as my guesstimate but would be nice to get something slightly more accurate

Cheers
Dave

23rd Mar 14 at 05:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Supply only or fitted? Either way best bet is just to ring round some local window companies.

Very rough example but about a year ago I changed all the windows at my parents, 7 about 1200x600, 3 1200x1000 and a door all in rosewood colour was under £1500 delivered inc glass.
AndyKent

23rd Mar 14 at 08:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You got 10 windows and a door for £1500? Impossible, surely!
Dave

23rd Mar 14 at 09:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't remember the exact prices but it was in that region, they aren't big windows tbf. The bigger ones are split vertically, one side hung opener, they were £160, the smaller ones with no opener were £80 ish, 4 of those, with openers about £120, 3 of those and £3-400 for the door.

A "typical" 6'x4' window, top hung 1/3 opener with glass is £150 supply only.

These are all upvc obviously, it's scary how cheap they are, struggle to buy the wood to make a timber window for the same price.
Graham88

24th Mar 14 at 03:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Bloody hell, that's a lot cheaper than I was expecting. I was looking at both to be honest if the fitted price wasn't a massive amount more it would be worth considering. But I think at that price I'd get the windows myself and fit them!

I know it would be easy to get a company around and measure up for a price but it's not my house…yet! fingers crossed
AndyCorsaSport

31st Mar 14 at 14:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've just done my house, 6 windows, living room one is toughened glass due to the size of it. Frosted glass on bathroom obviously. And French doors. Supplied was £1630. Fit them with my dad. That's just from a place local my dads used for years. Smaller independent places will be your best bet. And I'm sure they could measure up for you.

New Poll