corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend football sponsored by This Thread Was Made In 2014

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Weekend football sponsored by This Thread Was Made In 2014
Ben G

User status: Offline
16th Mar 14 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
United are so shit

Who are you going to support next season mate?

If you change united to city, I doubt many will notice
Rick Draper

16th Mar 14 at 18:34   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Stevenot going to happen when you have useless Moyes in charge

The bloke is a football genius
Hammer

16th Mar 14 at 18:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The fact he is relaxed about the transitional period proves he'll be given time though and rightly so. Mata is a step forward as will removing Vidic and Evra and the likes be - he needs a few windows to put his stamp on the team.
Eck
Premium Member

16th Mar 14 at 18:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Agree with Paul, Vidic has been outstanding in the past, but like Ferdinand, injuries have taken their toll and he's half the player he was. He's on huge wages too so freeing them up is a good idea. Be interesting to see what he does in the summer.
Hammer

16th Mar 14 at 20:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Inter, along with Evra by the sounds of it.
andys sxi
Premium Member

16th Mar 14 at 20:49   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer

Inter can have a few more united players if they want

April 08 feature car
Eck
Premium Member

16th Mar 14 at 21:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

I meant Moyes Serie A would suit both.
Hammer

16th Mar 14 at 21:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Joining Inter and taking Evra with him
Nic Barnes

16th Mar 14 at 22:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Can't believe how dirty man Chester are playing. Shocking tackles.
Nic Barnes

16th Mar 14 at 22:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How the fuck wasn't the Rafael twin sent off?
mwg

17th Mar 14 at 08:41   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Surprised it was only 3-0 and that 2 of their goals came from penalties. I was expecting 4-0+ with all goals coming from open play with how bad we are at the moment
DC90

17th Mar 14 at 09:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Any united on here still backing Moyes? Ive done my absolute best to stick by him but I lost all faith when he pulled Mata off and replaced him with Ferdinand. He has to go at the end of the season, no exceptions.
mwg

17th Mar 14 at 09:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not sure. Want to give him time to sign a few players of his own but can't help but think we will never play nice attacking football with him in charge.
mwg

17th Mar 14 at 09:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The result yesterday isn't a tipping point for me, I expected it or even worse than it was tbh. We've been that bad in the Premier League all season.

What did it for me was that we've been ok in the Champions League so came as more of a shock when we were so bad against Olympiakos.
Nic Barnes

17th Mar 14 at 10:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DC90
Any united on here still backing Moyes? Ive done my absolute best to stick by him but I lost all faith when he pulled Mata off and replaced him with Ferdinand. He has to go at the end of the season, no exceptions.
who to replace him? they will face the same task, will they get the time or just be a quick change of manager after manager as you won't be winning anything?
Marc

17th Mar 14 at 10:21   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As Nic says, who do you replace him with?

I think the players are the problem, whether they don't want to play for him, the team or some other reason.

My only gripe with Moyes is his reluctance to play Kagawa and Chicarito, especially when the game needs a player to come on who can change the game.
Steve
Premium Member

17th Mar 14 at 10:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

the players are the problem, but I think the fact they arent playing well is largely down to Moyes, wether its tactics or man management or both.
Rick Draper

17th Mar 14 at 10:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Moyes is the problem. Ferguson ruled the players and back room staff with a iron fist, lets be honest Moyes is not capable of it, he is also not capable of inspiring the players it would seem.

Heard stories over the weekend of moyes standing outside the interview room to be waiting to be interviewed by the media while the other manager was been interviewed. Do you think ferguson or come to think of it many other managers would stand around like a naughty child! Any other manager would have said I'm in my room, come and get me when you are ready.
DC90

17th Mar 14 at 10:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have no idea who we could replace him with, there are managers I want such as Klopp but it wont happen.

This season is a write off now, I slightly expected this at the start of the season but not to this magnitude. 4th place and a decent cup run should have been extremely achievable.

As above, I often feel like Moyes just needs to man up a bit, comments from a previous game saying "oh i was going to sub rvp bit could you imagine the uproar if i did that". Fuck sake, grow a pair, its his club and he needs to get a grip. Hes only just got the hang of saying "us" instead of "manchester united"

As ive mentioned in previous threads, we need a new spine to the team. A world class, not potential world class, centre back. A solid holding midfielder who can dictate a game. Carrick is alright, but he rarely controls a game unless you give him a load of space and all the time in the world. Fellaini will come good imo. He shows glimpses of what hes about, he needs to turn that into consistency.
I suspect Evra is on his way, originally to France but rumours are flying around about Inter Milan. He will need to be replaced. Again, this has to be a world class signing for me, somebody who can walk in and make an instant improvement.

All of these calls for 7 or 8 new players are absolutely mental.
DC90

17th Mar 14 at 10:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Fml essay. For anyone normal enough not to read that - i have no idea who could come in
Wanting a whole new squad wont happen, and wont work. Something has to change. A few other cliches thrown in there too.
mwg

17th Mar 14 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't believe that just because SAF said standy by the manager that means we have to blindly do so without questioning anything he does.

SAF got it right 99% of the time. But sometimes he got things wrong. Maybe Moyes is one of the few things he has got wrong. Can't decide at the moment if it's just a time thing but like I've said previously Moyes will never have us playing free flowing attacking football. It will be boring football to watch even if we start winning.
Hammer

17th Mar 14 at 11:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Moyes will be given time and rightly so, I don't think people realise how poor the squad had become.

The stalwarts are all passed it, the young players brought in aren't good enough and the only real quality left was Rooney and RVP. Mata is a step forward and he will be followed by another several players of that type of quality. Then you will see if Moyes is good enough or not.

The entire playing staff needs refreshed, a massive clear out and quality brought in. It will take 3 or 4 windows to achieve it.

[Edited on 17-03-2014 by Hammer]
Rick Draper

17th Mar 14 at 12:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Moyes will be given time and rightly so, I don't think people realise how poor the squad had become.

I don't know why they should give him time when he consistently plays players like Mata totally out of position.
Steve
Premium Member

17th Mar 14 at 12:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah the most concerning thing isn't the results so much, because you can have bad results, but see a philosophy forming. The most worrying thing is it appears he literally doesn't have a clue what hes doing, that cant put confidence in the players tbh
andys sxi
Premium Member

17th Mar 14 at 13:03   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Something needs to change for starters I wouldn't play van Persie he's been awful for a few games now, I would play mata or kawaga behind Rooney, one shot in target just isn't good enough for anyone, we need to be the biggest spenders in the summer

April 08 feature car

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Weekend football sponsored by This Thread Was Made In 2014 24 database queries in 0.0130610 seconds