corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Plane Missing - 239 people on board.

New Poll
  <<  12    13    14    15    16    17  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Plane Missing - 239 people on board.
Dave

User status: Offline
28th Mar 14 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Maybe the currents are moving that way and they expect all that debris to have been swept into the new search location?

Hope they've contacted Baza for advice first. Either that or he's got Daimo to knock up a sketch and e-mailed it to them.
Tiger

28th Mar 14 at 18:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Maybe they should search between the old and new points, not just 600 miles away
Cavey

28th Mar 14 at 18:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Dave
quote:
Maybe the currents are moving that way and they expect all that debris to have been swept into the new search location?

Hope they've contacted Baza for advice first. Either that or he's got Daimo to knock up a sketch and e-mailed it to them.

Definitely needs a Daimo scribble
taylorboosh

28th Mar 14 at 18:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

sc0ott

28th Mar 14 at 18:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Plane.
taylorboosh

28th Mar 14 at 18:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by sc0ott
Plane.

What's plane? My drawing? Suppose i couldve jazzed it up a bit yes
_Allan_

28th Mar 14 at 18:52   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Well recovered
Ben G

28th Mar 14 at 19:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems that planes have actually spoted the debris now, so probably have some half decent photos and not rely on images taken with a potato.
sc0ott

28th Mar 14 at 19:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Everybody seems to be spotting debris. Im pretty sure i saw some in the forth when crossing the forth road bridge earlier.

[Edited on 28-03-2014 by sc0ott]
Cavey

28th Mar 14 at 19:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Some photos on the BBC news app, so assuming the site that look fairly conclusive.

Why aren't they using planes the can lands on the water, range, stormy seas? Surely if they could fly over and land straight away instead of fucking around for another 3 weeks it'd be pretty advantageous
Ben G

28th Mar 14 at 20:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I guess the planes are directing the ships. No point landing in the middle of nowhere and potentially being killed by a rogue wave.

The ships do seem to be taking an age to get there though.
Graham88

29th Mar 14 at 01:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Saw a video of one of the boats that are out there, the waves are pretty fucking big to be fair. I'm sure the logistics are entirely different, but I'm wondering why they haven't sent an aircraft carrier out there
Graeme
Premium Member

29th Mar 14 at 16:57   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Some photos on the BBC news app, so assuming the site that look fairly conclusive.

Why aren't they using planes the can lands on the water, range, stormy seas? Surely if they could fly over and land straight away instead of fucking around for another 3 weeks it'd be pretty advantageous

A sea plane that flys 2000 minimum is a bit optimistic.
Rob_Quads

29th Mar 14 at 17:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Most planes that land on the sea would runout of fuel getting there it's a good 2-3 hour flight to get to the area

Considering it's now almost a week since the search were informed of the 120 items yet not a single piece has been touched. Seen one pick on the BBC site but many have commented that nothing about it says it's from a plane so until someone picks them up who knows
Cavey

29th Mar 14 at 18:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That's why I was asking, I assumed they would have a fairly short range, and that given the 3,600 mile round trip it probably wasn't feasible. I also assume there's no aircraft carriers in the area then as surely that'd make sense?

All getting a bit tedious now tbh, oh look debris. OK we'll be there in 2 weeks, OK we're here... Oh no, the debris is actually a few hundred miles this way...
alan-g-w

1st Apr 14 at 11:18   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What do we make of this

http://intellihub.com/freelance-journalist-hijacked-flight-370-passenger-sent-photo-hidden-iphone-tracing-back-secret-u-s-military-base-diego-garcia/
3CorsaMeal

1st Apr 14 at 11:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Sounds totally correct to me, deffo there imo
alan-g-w

1st Apr 14 at 11:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wasn't talking to you
Balling
Premium Member

1st Apr 14 at 11:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
What do we make of this

http://intellihub.com/freelance-journalist-hijacked-flight-370-passenger-sent-photo-hidden-iphone-tracing-back-secret-u-s-military-base-diego-garcia/
Finally.

I did think the conspiracy theories so far had been quite weak. Glad to see somebody put in some effort.

Jambo

1st Apr 14 at 12:08   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

iPhone up his ass
alan-g-w

1st Apr 14 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I don't straight up believe it but it's possible - who can forget the vid with the guy where the jar breaks in his arse? It's not impossible to think that there could be someone on the flight with that 'talent'. The date today kind of fucks it up as well but apparently this story's been kicking about for a few days now so it's definitely not purposely an April's fools joke.

Read the full article before declaring it hokum by the way - I don't know a lot about the technical details of phones or pictures but the guy on there claims that the image basically had to have been sent from the place their claims relate to. People on islands near to this base claim to have seen 'a jumbo jet' (read: large commercial jet) flying low when all they've ever been used to seeing is sea planes.

[Edited on 01-04-2014 by alan-g-w]
Balling
Premium Member

1st Apr 14 at 13:07   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Not even sure if you're being serious, but no, nothing in that article is true/realistic.

It don't know that website, but the whole thing reeks of Onion News.

[Edited on 01-04-2014 by Balling]

sc0ott

1st Apr 14 at 13:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Picture file name seems strange, unless he has taken a shit load of pictures.
alan-g-w

1st Apr 14 at 13:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

In what way is it unrealistic? Genuinely curious, as I said I know fuck all technology wise so without swallowing it completely it looks plausible enough. To not at least look at it objectively then sneer and giggle's just a wee bit ignorant
Balling
Premium Member

1st Apr 14 at 13:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by alan-g-w
In what way is it unrealistic?

1. You can quite easily edit/add EXIF GPS data
  2. There's no way that image format would come off an iPhone
  3. File name doesn't conform with how iPhone names files
  4. Removing a phone from your ass would probably require surgery
  5. The article speculates WAY too much to be trustworthy. Basically any detail besides "we were sent this photo and text" is guess work. Even the speculation doesn't make sense. Voice recognition misspelled a word, but was able to add parenthesis? Sure...
  6. The GPS coordinates being inaccurate is listed as proof. Typical conspiracy nonsense. First rule of faking something is ensuring it's not too perfect.

I honestly think it's meant as a spoof.

<<  12    13    14    15    16    17  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Plane Missing - 239 people on board. 23 database queries in 0.0191581 seconds