corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Midweek Football Topic

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Midweek Football Topic
Hammer

User status: Offline
26th Feb 14 at 09:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Moyes is going nowhere and rightly so.

I must admit though it is funny watching all the absolute weirdos, like Steve, who have cherry picked Man United to support because they won things now squirm whilst they're in a period of transition.
Steve
Premium Member

26th Feb 14 at 09:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Unfortunately Moyes has to take the blame either way,

These same players won the league last season, and whilst there is a case to be made that other teams around them have got better, the players are still good enough to be in the top 4, and not be losing to some of the teams they have this season.

So either Moyes tactics are wank, or Moyes is telling them to do the right things and the players aren't doing it, which would be down to motivational and confidence issues of which Moyes clearly isn't able to sort either.

If you cant motivate your players or get the tactics right then im afraid there will only be one outcome.

I hate the sacking manager culture more than most, but its clear to most that Moyes cannot handle it here, either due to being tactically inept or poor man management. Its dangerous to continue with blind faith based on one mans morals.

[Edited on 26-02-2014 by Steve]
Steve
Premium Member

26th Feb 14 at 09:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Also I don't buy this transitional period bullshit, how many other big teams changed managers with either no difference or an improvement. I don't see BM, or RM talking about transitions.
mwg

26th Feb 14 at 09:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's a little bit like AVB at Chelsea. Players didn't want to play under him. And that ended well
JonnyJ

26th Feb 14 at 09:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Also I don't buy this transitional period bullshit, how many other big teams changed managers with either no difference or an improvement. I don't see BM, or RM talking about transitions.

2 points. They already had world class teams and they werent replacing one of the greatest managers of all time that had run the club for over 2 decades.
Marc

26th Feb 14 at 09:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

BUT, if Rooney still had beef with Moyes and didn't want to play for United anymore I am sure that he would have been offered £300k a week by a team abroad.

This tells me that the players are to blame for these performances and not that they are rebelling against a new manager. I still maintain that he need to start playing Kagawa and Chicarito in a more prominant role.
Steve
Premium Member

26th Feb 14 at 09:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Alright, whatever the reasons the outcme is still the same, you need a manager that can control the players, and Moyes obviously cant.

Id love Moyes to be a success, Id rather a Birtish manager for Unitedthan some foreign affair, but atm I just cant see it happening
Robbo

26th Feb 14 at 09:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
I must admit though it is funny watching all the absolute weirdos, like Steve, who have cherry picked Man United to support because they won things now squirm whilst they're in a period of transition.
Ojc

26th Feb 14 at 09:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Van Persie is such a cunt, someone break that mercenary legs the Dutch tulip eating cunt
Robbo

26th Feb 14 at 10:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve
Premium Member

26th Feb 14 at 10:02   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tulip eating
Ojc

26th Feb 14 at 12:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Moyes gone
Steve
Premium Member

26th Feb 14 at 12:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

shit betting suspended on Moyes going

5/6 on skybet right now
JonnyJ

26th Feb 14 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Betting is such a shit way of analysing these things, the smallest amount of money makes bookies shit themselves and think someone has "inside info" so the odds tumble.

I remember when Sheff Weds were appointing a new manager and someone made up a rumour on them going for our manager Worthington, a few people put on some money and put stuff on twitter and betting was suspended on him

Was funny people thinking they were going to cash in
mwg

26th Feb 14 at 12:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't see where it says betting suspended
Steve
Premium Member

26th Feb 14 at 12:37   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Its just at some bookies

most places are just slashed odds, eg skybet were 12/1 this morning now 5/6
JonnyJ

26th Feb 14 at 12:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Someones stuck £40 on Moyes going then.
Steve
Premium Member

26th Feb 14 at 12:41   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Time will tell! atm its just speculation.

If its true, no idea who will take charge, an interim til the end of the season though imo, who knows who though.

[Edited on 26-02-2014 by Steve]
Marc

26th Feb 14 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

More chance of you going to OT Stcheven.
Steve
Premium Member

26th Feb 14 at 13:13   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im seeing them on the 8th, wonder if there will be a new person in charge doubt it
Robbo

26th Feb 14 at 13:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they didnt give him a 6 year contract to only tear it up 9 months in because the shit squad is shit...
kennySRi

26th Feb 14 at 13:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No was is Moyes going, not yet anyway.

Last night was the worse I have ever seen us play. The passing was terrible throughout the 90 minutes. As the commentators said before the game, we take one step forward and two back.

I still think next season we'll be ok and nearly back to normal, this season is completely over and hopefully we won't embarrass ourselves too much more from now to the end of the season.

[Edited on 26-02-2014 by kennySRi]
mwg

26th Feb 14 at 14:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
they didnt give him a 6 year contract to only tear it up 9 months in because the shit squad is shit...

That's the thing it's not a shit squad. Ok it's not good enough to win the title or CL but this squad should be doing much better than it is doing this season when you've got the likes of RVP, Rooney, Januzaj & now Mata in there. The likes of Vidic, Carrick and Evra aren't exactly shit and they are all still regulars. Not saying those players are world beaters and there is no denying the squad does need new players but I think they can do better than they are doing this season.
Eck
Premium Member

26th Feb 14 at 15:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Matt, it is a shit squad. You have Van Persie, Rooney and Mata. Januzaj is a good prospect who's done well since coming in but he's not the saviour of the club. The injuries are starting to show with Vidic as he's not been the rock of yesteryear. Carrick has been struggling with injuries too! Its little wonder that the rest of the big clubs have sailed on by with some investment.
The summer is where you'll find out if Moyes was the right appointment. He came in and tried to give the players a chance to prove themselves, which you'd expect any manager worth their salt to do, and the squad simply isn't good enough. But you can't change it all in the Jan transfer window!
If you take a look at your current squad, can you honestly see any more than a handful getting in to any of the top 6 teams? Because I can't.
Edit: Also, the aforementioned three best players haven't exactly had much game time in recent months! With two injuries and one barely kicking a ball before his transfer.

[Edited on 26-02-2014 by Eck]
mwg

26th Feb 14 at 15:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The current players can play better than they have been doing. There is no way that they played at their best last night. They were absolutely wank, could hardly pass the ball between each other. They don't look like a team.

For what ever reason Moyes is not managing to get the best out of them

<<  1    2    3    4    5  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Midweek Football Topic 23 database queries in 0.0267041 seconds