corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Geek Day » Mac book pro deals

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Mac book pro deals
Christopher

User status: Offline
11th Feb 14 at 09:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey guys, mrs is looking to get a MacBook now, she has around a grand to spend but would rather not spend it all if she can. Basically I have no Idea what's good, what's expensive and what's a good deal? She will be using it for business and pleasure as she's finishing her marketing degree soon. She got this offer through in an email and just wanted to know if this was a a good deal as it seems. Are there better offers about?

http://www.vouchercloud.com/sydney-trading-inc-vouchers/297119/-799-for-a-13-macbook-pro-worth-999-with-free-delivery-discount-voucher-code?appLink=vc%3a%2f%2f1%2fq%3fofferID%3d297119%26amp%3bvenueID%3d133431%26amp%3bchannelID%3d4%26amp%3bofferType%3d8720

Thanks for the help chaps!
I hope the link works I'm on my phone
Balling
Premium Member

11th Feb 14 at 09:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Link doesn't actually tell which configuration/year it is.

Have a look at apple.com/uk and you'll get a pretty good idea what things cost.

Generally speaking, you'll be hard pressed to find a deal on anything but refurbs, discontinued models and second hand.

Christopher

11th Feb 14 at 10:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ok buddy il bare that in mind
jacko198

11th Feb 14 at 12:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Refurb is the way to go. Unless you can get a student discount. You mention she is doing a degree, can definitely get a good discount on them.

Usually 15-20%
http://www.mikewilson.cc/2010/08/18/how-to-get-a-15-discount-at-the-apple-online-store-from-your-own-home-youve-got-to-be-a-student-though/

Not sure if that site is working but usually shows you how to access the university apple store at home. As usually you have to be logged into the uni's intranet or similar to look.
Dom

11th Feb 14 at 12:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup, HE (Higher Education) discount is the way to go. And if you time it right with the refresh of the MacBook, then you can save a hefty amount applying it to a discontinued/previous years model.
jacko198

11th Feb 14 at 12:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dom, how do you go about that though? As soon as the newest model is out, the old one is out of the store?

I guess you can call them to sort it?
Dom

11th Feb 14 at 14:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by jacko198
Dom, how do you go about that though? As soon as the newest model is out, the old one is out of the store?

I guess you can call them to sort it?

'Release day' is when you have to do it as the predecessor model(s) get sent back that evening (allegedly); just make sure the store has stock of the model you're interested in (phone a day before etc) and then it's a case of phoning around stores as they open and reserve where possible.
Geniuses will try and push the new model and/or fob you off and granted it's a PITA but just stick with it as you'll save a fair old amount (a few hundred usually on something like a MBP).

[Edited on 11-02-2014 by Dom]
novabikecarbed

11th Feb 14 at 17:27   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I use this place for the Mac products for work, excellent service and fast deliveries. Also they tend to have ex-demos on offer at decent prices.
http://www.jigsaw24.com/macbook_deals/store/fcp-category/list
Cavey

11th Feb 14 at 17:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you are dyslexic or "dyslexic" and a student you can get a fat grant and use it for things like this. My mate has done a couple of times now, gets £1-2k worth of equipment each time
Munchie

12th Feb 14 at 15:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If you go for Currys/PC World....I get around 6.5% off the purchase of gift vouchers and O2 Priority moments also give you discount (£50 off a £750 spend etc)

So £1000 product would cost £935 in vouchers then £50 off for using O2 voucher.

Total price= £885 for a £1000 item.

Not bad hey

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/computing/laptops/apple-laptops/apple-macbook-pro-13-13730045-pdt.html

[Edited on 12-02-2014 by Munchie]
LeeM

12th Feb 14 at 16:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://store.apple.com/uk_edu_5000714/buy-mac/macbook-pro
Rob_Quads

12th Feb 14 at 17:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah I found the education to get the best discounts. Time it right and you can also get some good gift cards too.

Refurbs are the other thing to keep an eye on. I got a refurb mini for the same price as a second hand year old model! and it included the full years warranty

New Poll