corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Vidic leaving

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Vidic leaving
Eck
Premium Member

User status: Offline
7th Feb 14 at 02:17   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/26078800
Wonder if he's jumping ship due to their current form? Tbh, injuries have ruined him these past couple of years. He's still a rock when fit, but that's not very often. Wonder if he will be replaced or if it will be Smalling/Jones' chance. Don't think either are up to the mammoth task of replacing him though.
spencer88

7th Feb 14 at 08:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We need to get someone in with the talent, passion and power of people like Vidic, Staam, Irwin, Pallister and Gary Neville!
Marc

7th Feb 14 at 08:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I can't help but think this is all down to how Moyes is managing the club. He comes in and replaces established coaches, which I know new managers do, but when you are the Premier League champions and everything is in place why change. Then we have his stubborness for not playing certain players ala Kagawa who could make a real difference on the pitch. I still think Moyes job is safe as I don't think we are a club that would sack a manager like lesser teams do. I think this is going to be a lot worse than the 2004-2006 transition.
Steve
Premium Member

7th Feb 14 at 08:21   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I too blame the coaches more than the manager, Phil Neville et al all look clueless on the sideline
Steve
Premium Member

7th Feb 14 at 08:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think more and more people are asking the question on what basis exactly was Moyes employed.

Whats on his CV that makes him the right man to manage oneof the biggest most successful clubs in the world? Apart from being good at keeping mediocre teams in the top half of the table and that he's Scottish and fergies mate?

This principle of "we dont sack managers" is flawed too, Ilike that idea in principle but its a mistake to blindly wander on with that. What happens if we got relegated, do we not sack managers then? At what point do we sack managers?

[Edited on 07-02-2014 by Steve]
DC90

7th Feb 14 at 10:31   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Must admit, im not massively worried about him going. We havent signed a solid cb since we bought vidic imo, so one out one in has to happen. I think losing evra will be a bigger blow than losing vidic
kennySRi

7th Feb 14 at 12:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with DC, replacing Evra is going to be tough.

Vidic has been great for us but I'm more sad at the way the club has treated him with his contract rather than the fact that he's going. He has a few years left in him but now is the time for a rebuild and look to the future.

Summer is going to be massive for us, I just hope Moyes gets proper talent in and not players from the premier league that he always wanted at Everton.

Also hope we can afford to splash out £150m+ as we're going to need it
DC90

7th Feb 14 at 13:10   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing is we dont need a massive rebuild. Im happy with rafael at right back, evans usually does a job for us, still not convinced by smalling or jones. We still need to give fellaini a proper chance though i may be clutching at straws there. Carrick is fine for another year or two but need to look to bring in a cm to bleed into that role. We have so many attacking options, what else do we need? I cant see many attacking players leaving apart from nani and hernandez.

A decision needs to be made this summer, WHICH FORMATION DO WE LIKE?! We've always played with wingers but the front line of rvp, mata, rooney and januzaj will surely change that. We dont have world class wingers, but have world class number 10's, the answer should be obvious, replace our wingers.

This summer i am hoping for a commanding cb like vidic or jaap. We need to show faith in buttner, which up to this point hasnt been shown, or bring in a top left back. A nice holding midfielder who likes to pass forward.

Im not holding my breath for anything other than a left back..
kennySRi

7th Feb 14 at 13:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree with that, out attacking line up can be as good as any (hopefully if Rooney leaves he does it before Kagawa goes so he can replace his role).

A LB, CM and a winger is all we need tbh but they need to be world class. I like Rafael so don't want him to go at all. I think I'm the only united fan that likes Nani as well, if he can get his form back he could be one of the best but he's had years to prove that but I know it's in him somewhere.
Steve
Premium Member

7th Feb 14 at 13:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems to be really dangerous but then the last thing he does is always wasteful
p

7th Feb 14 at 15:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This Vidic is not the Vidic of a couple of years ago. I wouldn't be too fussed, personally. Reckon you need to get shot of Ferdinand as well.
spencer88

7th Feb 14 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by kennySRi
I agree with that, out attacking line up can be as good as any (hopefully if Rooney leaves he does it before Kagawa goes so he can replace his role).

A LB, CM and a winger is all we need tbh but they need to be world class. I like Rafael so don't want him to go at all. I think I'm the only united fan that likes Nani as well, if he can get his form back he could be one of the best but he's had years to prove that but I know it's in him somewhere.

Nani on form is a fantastically skilled player who would rival the best in the world. But then he ruins it by diving or being a selfish little prick or having a tantrum
DC90

7th Feb 14 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by p
This Vidic is not the Vidic of a couple of years ago. I wouldn't be too fussed, personally. Reckon you need to get shot of Ferdinand as well.

Ferdinand, as a player, has nothing left in the tank.

Nani is a strange one, I've still got a lot of time for him. he's been here long enough to put his stamp on the team and he hasn't done it. He's wasteful, he runs out of ideas very quickly which results in him being greedy and shooting. For what this season is worth, however, we may as well give him a chance this year.... Cant get much worse than it is already. On his day he's class... But it doesn't happen often.

[Edited on 07-02-2014 by DC90]
Eck
Premium Member

7th Feb 14 at 16:42   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thing is, when Nani has confidence, he can cause havoc. His shooting with either foot is amazing as well.
There are so many CB's out there that they can take a punt on too. The likes of Hummels won't be at Dortmund long tbh.
In regards to midfield, there are promising signs when you're going for players like Vidal and Kroos. Whether you get them or not is a different matter.
Steve, Moyes got the job because he's a hard bastard who lived not far from Govan, like Ferguson. He has the same core beliefs, the same totalitarian attitude towards every aspect of the club and the same old school virtues. He's basically a younger version of Ferguson, and like man before him, he will need time to assert himself.
andys sxi
Premium Member

7th Feb 14 at 17:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think alot of money is needed to be spent this summer, I think it's going to be a massive summer for us, we need to buy a new cb as I think smalling is a bit dodgy he doesn't look comfortable sometimes, I like jones and Evans but they seem to be injury prone, I think Evra's nearly time for replacement, don't know if buttner will ever get the chance to play all the time and we need a few decent midfielders aswell

What we get we will have to wait and see just hope we get the signings we need

April 08 feature car
Steve
Premium Member

7th Feb 14 at 17:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm not sure any of that guarantees success. Fergie was a hard bastard, but tactically not great. He did however surround himself with quality staff and coaches. Being a hard bastard isn't going to win Moyes anything if he is surrounded by idiots.
Ojc

7th Feb 14 at 19:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think you are talking a lot of man
Eck
Premium Member

7th Feb 14 at 20:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
I'm not sure any of that guarantees success. Fergie was a hard bastard, but tactically not great. He did however surround himself with quality staff and coaches. Being a hard bastard isn't going to win Moyes anything if he is surrounded by idiots.

I was more aiming towards the fact that they are cut from the same cloth, more than the fact that they are tough I'd say Fergie knew a fair bit about tactics?
Steve
Premium Member

7th Feb 14 at 23:16   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

He really wasn't that fantastic tactically. In fact was rarely even at the training ground. Noted to do more watching out the windows making an appearance maybe once a week. This generated more respect and more of an event when he did visit.

Moyes on contrary is more of a tracksuit manager taking most the sessions himself.
kennySRi

7th Feb 14 at 23:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by spencer88
quote:
Originally posted by kennySRi

Nani on form is a fantastically skilled player who would rival the best in the world. But then he ruins it by diving or being a selfish little prick or having a tantrum

Ye that is annoying but I think he's class. If he goes on loan and find his form again that'll be good.

I just want to have him and Januzaj on the wings with Rooney, RVP and Mata up front. That could be such a quality line up if they were all on form.
Marc

8th Feb 14 at 13:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Players to keep -

De Gea
Lindegaard
Rafael
Buttner
Januzaj
Mata
Kagawa
Chicarito
Rooney
van Persie

Rest can go.
Eck
Premium Member

8th Feb 14 at 13:55   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Carrick? Zaha? Evra?
Cavey

8th Feb 14 at 14:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Powell?!!?!?!?!?!
Robbo

10th Feb 14 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Marc
Players to keep -

De Gea shaky in front of bnad defences
Lindegaard competent #2 but never anything more
Rafael shit
Buttner not good enough
Januzaj kid
Mata WC
Kagawa WC but youll never make use of him
Chicarito stupid name/inconsisteny but great sub
Rooney WC
van Persie old/grey/cunt

Rest can go.
doesnt bode very well for you really does it Especially when you think FFP will prevent you from spending anymore than £100m max.
mwg

10th Feb 14 at 12:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

When have we ever spent £100m in one hit anyway? It'll be done over 2/3/4 transfer windows.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Vidic leaving 24 database queries in 0.0160401 seconds