corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Astra 1.6 sxi mk5

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Astra 1.6 sxi mk5
ArdenAndy

User status: Offline
2nd Feb 14 at 23:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

After driving around in a crappy little clio for the last 8months I have finally got myself a new car. clio went as part ex so that saved me the hassle of trying to sell it but im left not having a clue what to do with my corsa, its not worth anything as it is and I don't really have the time or space to take all the bits off and sell it as standard and sell bits on their own, so god knows whats happening with it yet.

quick pic of "the golden turd" as known by all my friends and family

and the new car

quick with the corsa which hasn't had any love in a long time..

Jason x
Premium Member

3rd Feb 14 at 00:27   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would be such a shame to break that Corsa, out of interest how many miles does it have? (the corsa)

[Edited on 03-02-2014 by Jason x]
jorded94

3rd Feb 14 at 00:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

All i'm saying is....i like your headlights and expressions let me know if you decide to break it?
ArdenAndy

3rd Feb 14 at 19:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yeah Jason that's why I really don't know what to do with it :/ its got 45k on the clocks but it must have had new clocks at some point because an old mot has 100k on it then it drops to 20k on the next one, it has had a shit load of engine work done in my ownership but everyone will just run away when I explain the mileage situation

aha yeah no worries jorded94, shall keep you in mind may take all the bits that are easy to come off off so will let you know
Jason x
Premium Member

4th Feb 14 at 01:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yeah - the mileage situation would probably put parents off buying it for their kids first car :/

Seems such a shame to break such a nice looking corsa
ArdenAndy

6th Feb 14 at 18:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I need to made a decision fairly quickly like because there is no room to move with three cars on the drive haha, it is a lovely car to be honest, wouldn't say there was many decent 1.0 corsa b`s about these days

anyone have any ideas what tail piece would look best on the astra? been demon tweeks and been quoted a very good price on a custom made cat back system, just cant decide on a tip :/ don't want oval because it would just look standard, wanted twin outward rolled but tweeks say bumper would have to be cut, they do have some nice oval/roundish tips but im thinking single outward rolled at the moment
CharlesH

6th Feb 14 at 19:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would go for an oval tip myself andy, but perhaps just abit bigger than the standard one, get a quote from Mike Vale on my fb, he owns power flow north west, done a top job on my exhaust

[Edited on 06-02-2014 by CharlesH]
ArdenAndy

6th Feb 14 at 21:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cheers Charles mate, will give Mike a message, will let him know you recommended me
CharlesH

6th Feb 14 at 21:35   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No harm in shopping around for the best quote
ArdenAndy

9th Feb 14 at 02:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

that mike guy hasn't got back to me unfortunately, but went alunox exhaust got a quote from them as well, but think demon tweeks is best bet, went back and guy reduced quote and given 10% discount on final price, I have still not decided what tip I want though haha, shall have to see how a few look once I get it in their garage
ArdenAndy

9th Feb 14 at 17:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

got all the new bulbs fitted

sidelights

dipped beam

full beam

ArdenAndy

9th Feb 14 at 17:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

wind deflectors

booking it into demon tweeks tomorrow for a custom cat back exhaust, still have not decided what tip I want but will see which one looks best on the day once exhaust is out the way I will be saving for wheels and suspension.
ArdenAndy

5th Mar 14 at 19:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

bit of progress since the last update..
Powerflow catback exhaust made by Demon Tweeks, outward rolled single tip.
debadged the chrome piece on boot (will get griffin off in near future).
Demon tweeks stickers on side windows and the noisy one on back window that I had spare from my corsa.
Eibach sportlines have been bought, just waiting until I can source a 21mm swan neck ring spanner with a neck long enough to fit the nut and they will be on, back to demon tweeks for tracking etc. once their on too.
new wheels! insignia vxr reps in gunmetal. I got so much love for these wheels and cant wait to lower it now.
tinted front fog lights and put my yellow fog bulbs in.
will be colour coding the front grill, bought all the paint ready so just waiting for the time now.

ArdenblueDan

6th Mar 14 at 19:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks great Andy I've just got a vxr this shape
taylorboosh

6th Mar 14 at 20:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Why dont you just "lose" the old mots?
ArdenAndy

6th Mar 14 at 21:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ArdenblueDan
Looks great Andy I've just got a vxr this shape

Thanks buddy! awesome! you got a thread going? wanted a vxr myself but no chance I was paying 4k+ to insure it
ArdenAndy

6th Mar 14 at 21:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by taylorboosh
Why dont you just "lose" the old mots?

probably will "lose" them to be honest, parking in the garden is a right challenge and a half at the moment
Jason x
Premium Member

7th Mar 14 at 14:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks nice with new wheels always thought the back is missing something on these though, like a spoiler or something
ArdenAndy

8th Mar 14 at 02:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jason x
Looks nice with new wheels always thought the back is missing something on these though, like a spoiler or something

couldn't agree more tbh, definitely need to source myself a spoiler asap, will eventually get the side skirts and front/rear splitters off an sri too
BeetleGav

8th Mar 14 at 09:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Think it looks quite smooth without a spoiler. The wiper is standing out too much though. Would looks great without it
ArdenblueDan

8th Mar 14 at 23:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I will have some pictures of my vxr up tomorrow
ArdenAndy

11th Mar 14 at 14:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by BeetleGav
Think it looks quite smooth without a spoiler. The wiper is standing out too much though. Would looks great without it

yeah suppose it doesn't look to bad, I do prefer the rear of these with a spoiler though, just bought a vxr boot so will be having the spoiler off that and it has a dewiper thing on it so going to have that put on mine to should look 10x better then
ArdenAndy

11th Mar 14 at 14:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by ArdenblueDan
I will have some pictures of my vxr up tomorrow

send me a link? shall check it out
ArdenblueDan

11th Mar 14 at 20:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A project thread is now in place dude
ArdenAndy

15th Mar 14 at 00:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

grill finally repaired and sprayed my dad done a cracking job once again, was looking for a spoiler but was having no luck so just bought a vxr boot and took the spoiler off that, it also had a dewiper bung thing which I may put on mine spoiler was a lot easier to get off the boot than I thought and it is in primer and ready for paint already, finished debadging the back also, think the rear will look really well once the spoiler is on.

Having no luck at all with getting my eibach springs fitted.. not wanting to pay a garage loads to fit springs which should be a fairly simple job has turned out to be a pain in the arse, my local garage can’t even get the top nut off, one doesn't budge at all and the other comes loose but jams before the top, so I have bought a complete set of vxr shocks and springs to save me the hassle, will put my eibachs on the vxr shocks and just swap the shocks over then. also bought vxr side skirts (the joys of having someone local who breaks astra vxr`s)
Once its lowered and spoiler/side skirts are on, progress will be slower but hopefully have a few more bits done for PVS
spent a couple hours cleaning the car today, I still need to clay, polish and wax my front/rear bumpers and roof which will get done this weekend

<<  1    2    3  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Projects and Builds » Astra 1.6 sxi mk5 23 database queries in 0.0975928 seconds