corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » 3 Peaks Challenge

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author 3 Peaks Challenge
jacko198

User status: Offline
24th Dec 13 at 18:29   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has anyone done this/know anyone who has done it?

Maybe looking to do it next year depending how hard it's going to be as I'm stupidly unfit at the moment! Will be great to set a challenge for the new year to get fit enough for it and raise some £ at the Same time!

Anyone climbed any of the 3? Ben Nevis, Scafell and Snowden?
Doug

24th Dec 13 at 21:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I have climbed Nevis once and Snowden 3 times.

Each of them is a physical effort, so doing three in a row is tough day.

You need to be able to ascend strongly at a good pace and be able to make up a fair bit of time on the descent by skipping and jumping down at a good pace. That's where I would struggle, I am poor at the descent as I have a mental block about a knee injury I had a few years back
mikenoncorsa

24th Dec 13 at 21:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I did it last year with a couple of my work mates, raised £3k. Did Ben Nevis, scafell then onto snowmen at 4.30am. Was pretty gruelling but doing it with mates gets you through. We were fortunate to have a dedicated driver who drove our mini bus for us. Having done it, I wouldn't do it again as I didn't enjoy it but it was for charity. Nobody can surely enjoy walking? Couple of the lads I did it with wouldn't be described as peak physical fitness, just normal fitness if you get what I mean.
Cole

24th Dec 13 at 22:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Walby done it on the way back from doing lejog crazy man
jacko198

26th Dec 13 at 15:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I do hate walking tbh. Definitely going to have a driver. Can't be doing 11 hours of driving!

ash_corsa

31st Dec 13 at 18:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did it last year also, you don't need to be superfit by any means.
We only did snowdon before, scafell and Ben Nevis were our first times on the day, which was our stumbling point on scafell.

We did Ben Nevis first 3.30pm start (summertime)
We were back down by 7.30 and in the van
Got to scafell at around 1.30am pitch black pissing down with rain, headed off with head torches and got way lost! Joined another group who were also lost, ended up scrambling up the side to the top after failing to find a path!
We were back down by 6.30am
Got to snowdon about 11.30am and were back down at 3.04pm
23hrs 25mins!
Defo need a dedicated driver who is not walking.
I'd definitely advise you to walk all the mountains you will be walking in the dark beforehand!

We were lucky to finish within time, other groups who started the same time as us were just starting snowdon as we were coming down so they were well over the 24hrs, you'll find you keep bumping into the same groups on each mountain, it's a good laugh and you get chatting with loads of other people.
Haimsey
Premium Member

User status: Online
1st Jan 14 at 11:38   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Ive done scarfel and snowdon, snowdon a few times.

Not quite managed the three peaks yet but it would be a great achievement.
There are smaller, closer together 'three peaks' if you wanted to build up to them.

[Edited on 01-01-2014 by Haimsey]

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » 3 Peaks Challenge 24 database queries in 0.0124280 seconds