corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official January transfer window thread

New Poll
  <<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Official January transfer window thread
Marc

User status: Offline
2nd Jan 14 at 10:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Berbatov to Arsenal

And I always said Chicarito was more suited to Arsenal than ourselves, they are after him as well according to papers.

[Edited on 02-01-2014 by Marc]
DC90

2nd Jan 14 at 11:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mata and Essien on their way out of chelsea?
Eck
Premium Member

2nd Jan 14 at 12:23   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Looks like it. I doubt Mourinho would sell to United, but Mata would be a great signing for them. Then again, they have Kagawa who is similar and don't use him effectively either. Their formation is too dated to utilise these players.
Steve
Premium Member

2nd Jan 14 at 13:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Iv always said Kagawa was a poor player, no idea how he did in Germany, nor do I care, in the PL he hasnt done it.

There have been one or two games he has been good, the Leverkusen one being an example. But generally hes ineffective.

Heres a supporting article on that

http://www.squawka.com/news/2014/01/02/can-shinji-kagawa-influence-manchester-uniteds-season-without-denting-the-stats-sheet/2014010248836

[Edited on 02-01-2014 by Steve]
Marc

2nd Jan 14 at 13:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

But what do you think?
chrisritch

2nd Jan 14 at 13:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

We're supposedly making progress () in the signing of Mohammed Salah from Basel
Rick Draper

2nd Jan 14 at 23:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/chelsea/10547871/Chelsea-plan-second-bid-for-Napoli-striker-Gonzalo-Higuain-after-having-50-million-offer-rejected.html

[Edited on 02-01-2014 by Rick Draper]
DC90

2nd Jan 14 at 23:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vidal to united? Yes please.
Eck
Premium Member

3rd Jan 14 at 09:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Steve, its plainly obvious that he doesn't fit in to United's formation, or style. I can't think of another big/successful club that plays with a 442 formation anymore. Kagawa doesn't fit in to any of those positions whereas he excelled as a trequerista for Dortmund, where he will excel again if he goes back.
Eck
Premium Member

3rd Jan 14 at 09:29   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by DC90
Vidal to united? Yes please.

Vidal is definitely more suited to United, but I'd be surprised if they can entice him away from Juve.
Steve
Premium Member

4th Jan 14 at 10:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

odds on koke have plummeted

https://www.skybet.com/football/transfer-specials/event/15990103?bsnls=1&bsopen=1&aff_id=9299
p

4th Jan 14 at 18:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Vidal won't leave Juve.

Steve - Kagawa was a beast in Germany, hugely surprised he hasn't done that well over here so far. He kind of played the Rooney position, so I guess that hasn't helped. Bit of a waste. By no means a poor player at all, he just hasn't fit at United. If he could find a position in another team, he'd be fine I reckon.

Higuain link is complete bullshit, papers putting two and two together and coming up 7.

Been linked with Zouma now, young defender who plays for St.Etienne.

Guarin deal looks close, apparently.

Derby have taken or young striker Bamford on loan, Boro have taken our young defender Omeruo, and Vitesse have taken Traore. Vitesse is basically a Chelsea youngsters club at the moment.

[Edited on 04-01-2014 by p]
Eck
Premium Member

4th Jan 14 at 18:56   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

No chance of anyone getting Lewandowski now, seeing as he's signed a pre-contract with Bayern. As if they needed to be any stronger.
Cavey

4th Jan 14 at 19:02   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Robbo will be in soon telling us the Arsenal will get him if they bid 20m or so
Marc

4th Jan 14 at 19:19   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Kagawa needs a good run in the team. Just because he plays a game, gets played off the pitch or doesn't score, should not mean he be dropped. Otherwise he will never get to his best for us.
p

4th Jan 14 at 19:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
No chance of anyone getting Lewandowski now, seeing as he's signed a pre-contract with Bayern. As if they needed to be any stronger.

Last piece of the puzzle, in a way.

Mandzukic is a good player don't get me wrong, but not on Lewandowski levels.
Eck
Premium Member

4th Jan 14 at 20:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Tbh, Mandzukic isn't on Gomez's level either, but he makes up for that with a shit load of effort. He works extremely hard for the team and suits their style perfectly.
But of course, having one of the best finishers on Earth will help the world's most ruthless team.
p

4th Jan 14 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Tbh, Mandzukic isn't on Gomez's level either, but he makes up for that with a shit load of effort. He works extremely hard for the team and suits their style perfectly.
But of course, having one of the best finishers on Earth will help the world's most ruthless team.

Yeah he puts a shift in! Tbh I wouldn't of allowed Gomez to leave this season, because if Mandzukic got injured they have no striker.
Eck
Premium Member

4th Jan 14 at 22:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Remember, its Guardiola in charge He's played several games without a recognised striker this year, and Lahm has excelled at CDM under him!
p

4th Jan 14 at 22:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
Remember, its Guardiola in charge He's played several games without a recognised striker this year, and Lahm has excelled at CDM under him!

I know but it's a risk... Sure they have lots of options, but I liked Gomez, scored bucket loads. Was underrated for them I feel.
Eck
Premium Member

4th Jan 14 at 23:04   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I agree. The man was born to score goals and he went to Italy for a ridiculously cheap price.
It is a risk, but with Ribery and Robben you are guaranteed chances. They are unbeaten with only two draws from the first sixteen so he's not doing too bad
p

4th Jan 14 at 23:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Eck
I agree. The man was born to score goals and he went to Italy for a ridiculously cheap price.
It is a risk, but with Ribery and Robben you are guaranteed chances. They are unbeaten with only two draws from the first sixteen so he's not doing too bad

Yeah, is that just league? Can't think they've been beaten in any other competition apart from the City game!
Robbo

6th Jan 14 at 10:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Steve
Iv always said Kagawa was a poor player
thats because youre a clueless cretin
Robbo

6th Jan 14 at 10:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
Robbo will be in soon telling us the Arsenal will get him if they bid 20m or so
how could we get him when hes now actually signed a contract with them?
Robbo

6th Jan 14 at 10:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Mandzukic is a better striker for Bayern than Lewandowski, by some distance. I know quite a few Bayern fans and not one of them is happy about signing him as they know they will lose mandzukic now.

Wouldnt be sutrprised if Wenger maikes a bid for mandzukic now in the hope that Bayern could offer a small fee for RL and get him now too, seems unlikely though

<<  1    2    3    4    5    6  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Official January transfer window thread 23 database queries in 0.0136209 seconds