corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Toyota Hilux - Air Suspension

Insufficient Privileges to Post
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Toyota Hilux - Air Suspension
Simon_16v

User status: Offline
29th Nov 13 at 08:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Click here for eBay link

Make - Toyota
Model - Hilux
Engine - 2.5d
Mileage - Unsure
Price - eBay

Location - Selby
Contact phone number - 07846107912
Contact email address - stevencolman1@hotmail.com

General information -
Hi and welcome to the regrettable sale of my pride and joy.

As far as i am aware it is one of only 2 maybe 3 real minitrucks in the UK.

It is a 1991 2wd toyota hilux that i have built over the past 4 years. It has 10 way adjustable front, back and side to side air suspension run on 10mm air line and 8 250 psi solenoids to give fast suspension movement. The paint work is 1 month old and done by myself, the entire truck was bodyworked, rust repaired, smoothed and blended then treated with 4 litres of primer, followed by 6 litres of mercedes arctic white 2 pac. Then the whole truck was wet sanded to 2000grit and 2 stage buffed with farecla g3. The load area of the truck was treat to the same attention to detail as the exterior. All of the air ride components on the truck were imported from the states as the quality of parts over there far surpasses any that can be found in the uk. Most cars that are on air ride in the uk take 5-15 seconds to go from slammed to full height, the speed of the air ride on this truck is instant at around 1 second from full down to full up! the truck can be set and driven at almost any height except full down as this thing lays the entire chassis flat on the ground, unless you like seeing sparks ;-)

everywhere you go in this truck you will have your picture taken and be stopped in the street and asked what it is and how do you get over speedbumps etc lol

the style of this truck is based on a very popular trend in america called minitrucking. there are hundreds of forums and websites for minitruckers. just google minitruck or toyota minis.

i have only attended one show since finishing the truck, trax at silverstone on the hilux owners club stand. which was a 300 mile round trip and the truck didnt miss a beat. so you could be the first to show the truck at the start of the season next year.

i have never used the truck as a daily driver as the ride can be quite harsh on rutted bumpy roads and for fear of somebody scratching or denting it lol

i am a time served HGV mechanic and i have built the truck in my spare time over the past 4 years to the best of my abilities to be safe and reliable.

INTERIOR
3 person Bench seat (very rare)
Manual 5 speed column shifter (very rare 5 on the tree)
Wood and chrome steering wheel with iron cross horn
Sliding rear window (very rare)
1 200psi gauge for air tank
2 twin needle gauges for each individual air bag
10 trigger switch box
7" double din kenwood cd/dvd player
Chrome window winders
genuine hilux mats
up/down switch to operate bed cover

WHEELS
17" by 8" zero offset player wire dayton wheels powder coated in diamond white with chrome centre knock ons
all tyres almost new

SUSPENSION
Front shocks removed, air bag mounts fabricated and firestone bags insatalled
Torsion bar removed
Chevy s10 front shock relocation kit imported from america and modified to fit
Rear shocks relocated
Rear of chassis cut and notched to allow axle to sit higher and chassis to sit lower
Box half leafs fabricated with rear panhard rod
Firestone air bags fabricated to sit on top of axle and below chassis
8x 250 psi hornblowers air solenoids, 2 for each bag (1 for air in and 1 for air out) full front, back and side to side movement.
10mm air pipe all round to allow fast suspension movement
all wiring and pipework sheathed and clipped to chassis using stainless p clips
5 gallon air tank
2x vair 100% duty chrome compressors
Extra battery for compressors.

EXTERIOR
1 month old paint full respray including bed
Hookless smooth sided bed (very rare)
Hilux surf front bumper and lower valance
Chrome grill
Chrome headlight surrounds
Chrome indicators
Handmade wood bed cover covered in black weatherproof vinyl
Bed cover lifting linear actuator rams
L.E.D rear lights
Bed has been tunnelled and boxed to accommodate chassis notch
Smooth tailgate

ENGINE
Standard 2.4 none turbo diesel
recent service
K and n style air filter
Brand new full stainless exhaust made at custom pipes in doncaster with lifetime warranty

10 months MOT and 4 months tax

i have hundreds of photos of the build in various stages over the past 4 years if anybody would like me to email them.

i am only selling the truck to fund my next big project but i could be pursuaded to p/x or swap it for something special, within ebay rules of course ;-)

for any info txt or email me (steve) on 07846107912

please no timewasters or tyre kickers.

Insufficient Privileges to Post

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Classifieds » Cars Offered » Toyota Hilux - Air Suspension 24 database queries in 0.0087929 seconds