corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread

New Poll
  <<  76    77    78    79    80    81    82  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread
Ben G

User status: Offline
8th Sep 14 at 10:24   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dick raper has to be trolling, surely?

No chance Rosberg would slalom through those boards when they could've just put him in fuel saving mode until Lewis breezed past or ''messed up'' at the pit stop.
Rob_Quads

8th Sep 14 at 11:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yup - lots of other ways to do it without adding that sort of risk to damaging your car
JonnyJ

8th Sep 14 at 11:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rob_Quads
Yup - lots of other ways to do it without adding that sort of risk to damaging your car

And Rosberg's reputation. Plenty now, quite rightly, are questioning how good he is at handling pressure.

Qualifying in China, Qualifying in Monaco, Canada, Spa, Monza. All places hes made errors when under pressure from Lewis. He still hasnt beaten him in a straight fight this season.
ed

8th Sep 14 at 11:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Rick Draper
Total conspiracy, even Stewart believes so. Rosberg was clearly told before the race to hand victory to the moaning one.

Why would they do it like that when team orders are legal this season? The repercussions of telling your driver to do stupid like that are huge. Renault...
Corsa_Sport21

8th Sep 14 at 13:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Dosn't help when he went off at the same place a few laps earlier. Doing it again just makes it look like he's done it on purpose. Never worked the 1st time as they were too far back, but he knew it would work the 2nd time as he could see he was much closer. Deffo handed Lewis the race.
Ben G

8th Sep 14 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Did he do the same thing in free practice of on purpose aswell then?

Loads of drivers did it. You're braking from 210 odd mph to about 50mph in a very short distance with no abs.

[Edited on 08-09-2014 by Ben G]
Jambo

8th Sep 14 at 16:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I would bloody love to drive an F1 car.
Ben G

8th Sep 14 at 18:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Same. People say that a bugatti veyron can go faster, but no way would accelerate to 200mph as quick as one, aswell as brake as quick.

I can't even begin to imagine how utterly ridiculous it must be.
Kyle T
Premium Member

9th Sep 14 at 00:08   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's the changes in direction that blow my mind. FOM coverage/camera angles just do not do it justice.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Jambo

9th Sep 14 at 12:13   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has to be V8/V10 era though
JonnyJ

10th Sep 14 at 08:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Di Montezemelo rumours starting to resurface. Making national press this time.

Gone.

Replaced by Marchionne
Jambo

10th Sep 14 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Jambo

10th Sep 14 at 09:06   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Link me
JonnyJ

10th Sep 14 at 09:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/115788?source=mostpopular

Jambo

10th Sep 14 at 10:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Holy shit, hes left the lot!
Kyle T
Premium Member

11th Sep 14 at 01:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

It's about time!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
Steve
Premium Member

11th Sep 14 at 07:31   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www1.skysports.com/f1/report/12433/9463364/jenson-button-hails-lewis-hamilton-as-one-of-the-quickest-drivers-ever-in-f1
Dave

11th Sep 14 at 09:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://adamcooperf1.com/2014/09/11/fia-bans-radio-chat-about-car-and-driver-performance/

Kimi will be happy
Jambo

11th Sep 14 at 11:42   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I am not sure why, but it really annoys me how they keep changing rules throughout the season. Surely just leave this for the end of the season?

Also, how do they now know when to pit?! Strategy is a huge element of winning races, Williams would be far better if they were any good at it. You can't say driver performance and what not without discussing the fact the tyres might go off early or be better than expected, how will they judge this?

[Edited on 11-09-2014 by Jambo]
JonnyJ

11th Sep 14 at 12:00   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Jambo
I am not sure why, but it really annoys me how they keep changing rules throughout the season. Surely just leave this for the end of the season?

Also, how do they now know when to pit?! Strategy is a huge element of winning races, Williams would be far better if they were any good at it. You can't say driver performance and what not without discussing the fact the tyres might go off early or be better than expected, how will they judge this?

[Edited on 11-09-2014 by Jambo]

They can still do that, this is to stop things like when Rosberg asks "advice on driving the car please" and is told to apex turn X faster/slower and how to manage tyre slip by using a different driving technique.

The drivers also have buttons on the steering wheel which they can set to a number which will tell the team what level of whatever problem they're suffering with. For instance Merc asked Rosberg in Monza to tell them how the tyres felt using the happy paddle. He changes to the the desired number and the team know the level of tyre deg without broadcasting it to other teams.

It's about time they did this. I'd go one further and ban drivers seeing telemetry other than sector times. They could see which sector but it's up to them to figure out where and how to make it up. F1 is far too micromanaged.
Jambo

11th Sep 14 at 12:32   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Don't get me wrong, I agree with not giving them all the info, as it places the drivers more in the hot seat and leaves it largely up to them.

But I stand by the fact it will be hard to police depending how strict they will be, they will need clear definitions. Granted telemtary etc will be easy not to broadcast, but teams will likely come up with workarounds?

Seems slap dash to introduce it mid season, and I think it will require more thought than this.
Ben G

11th Sep 14 at 13:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Doesn't bother me. F1 is a team sport and so everyone should be involved in allowing the driver to get the best possible time.

This should be a new season rule, not one changed half way through. Same with the FRIC stuff.
Kyle T
Premium Member

11th Sep 14 at 13:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I'm with Ben on this one, I prefer to see the cars faster - and it's one of the few public displays that there's more than just a fast driver making it happen.

I'd prefer they kept the airwaves unmanaged, it's part of the show. In fact I'd like to see it opened up more, and allow teammate to teammate channels

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
JonnyJ

11th Sep 14 at 16:20   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Going to have to agree to disagree on this one

To me, the drivers are paid to drive, thats their job, thats why they are paid millions and the best ones tens of millions, because they can find tenths where others cant. Yes its a team sport, but the drivers are meant to be the stars, they're the ones that bring in the fans. The best drivers in the world shouldnt need telling how to save fuel, tyres or how much speed they need to carry into an apex, thats their job to figure out and its the ones that can nail this more often than not that separate the men from the boys.

The drivers are all pretty talented people but if they're getting their hand held through a race, you remove any kind of variation and the sport becomes bland and predictable.

I dont mind them giving the drivers a delta to drive to, but its too far when they're are basically telling them exactly how to drive the thing in order to achieve the perfect result.

Maybe it angers me more because i watch all the practice sessions when stuff like this is rife. I know Davidson gets particularly wound up about it (maybe thats why i like him). It doesnt reflect well on the sport when you have drivers radioing in saying "Can i have some advice please?" "Yes, Nico, on traffic?" "No, on driving..."
Ben G

11th Sep 14 at 17:16   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it any different to a footballer being told what to do by their manager? I don't think so.

<<  76    77    78    79    80    81    82  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » The Official F1 Season 2014 Thread 24 database queries in 0.0337369 seconds