corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » corsa c exlusiv , water in footwell

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author corsa c exlusiv , water in footwell
tomo2k9

User status: Offline
5th Nov 13 at 11:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Hey all ain't been on here for ages , I recently brought me a corsa c exclusiv , I love the car rely is nice , the car has been sitting for 2 years its a 05 plate an only done 32k miles , I'm just wondering if anyone has any quick fixes for me to stop the water coming in , the drivers side carpet is rely wet , its also starting to smell , any quick fixes and ways to dry my carpet out would be great
DaveyLC

5th Nov 13 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Has it got a sunroof? if so blow some compressed air down the drain holes, failing that jab a length of old mains cable down there.
DaveyLC

5th Nov 13 at 11:50   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh and saturate your carpets with disinfectant before they dry out, it will help stop the mould and the stink.
Joe

5th Nov 13 at 12:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seal around the brake servo.
mike56gte

5th Nov 13 at 12:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Joe
Seal around the brake servo.

mike56gte

5th Nov 13 at 12:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

had this on 2 friends corsa's. tiger sealed aorund the brake servo and it was fine.
bigron1988

5th Nov 13 at 12:44   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

As above did my gfs one it was the seal around the servo I just re sealed it with tiger seal and also pop one of the bungs out under the car to drain the water out
daine
Premium Member

5th Nov 13 at 12:50   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Would this cause water in the passenger side foot well or just in drivers
tomo2k9

5th Nov 13 at 13:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the reply lads , ill have a look at the drain holes later on , get some air blown down them , an while I'm at it I mite aswell seal around the break servo , cheers for the advice lads
chrisritch

5th Nov 13 at 13:04   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Leaky heater matrix? My C had piss wet through carpets and it was the matrix Gave it away when I turned the heaters on one day and it pissed steam out of them
mike56gte

5th Nov 13 at 13:30   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daine

no because the servo is on the drivers side of the bulkhead.
marklawton

5th Nov 13 at 13:45   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by daine

just the drivers

passenger side is usually down to the heater matrix
Haimsey
Premium Member

5th Nov 13 at 14:09   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

My passenger side does this.
Was lead to believe it was the seal on the fuse box, which does literally go all the way into the car

Didn't do much for me. Might look into the heater matrix as above...

Marcy Marc

White Sport Progress Thread
tomo2k9

5th Nov 13 at 18:43   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just checked my drain points an they were compleatly full with crap , jet washed an blown out , nice an clean , just gotta strip my carpet out the weekend an hang it out to dry , thanks for the help lads
mike56gte

5th Nov 13 at 19:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I wouldnt rule out brake servi yet tho. Easy way to find out is lift the carpet behind the pedals and see if its wet up in behind the dash area.
davegreen
Premium Member

5th Nov 13 at 20:10   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

just fixed my mums corsa which had the same problem, only it was the plate that the pedals bolt to.
sealant had gone hard and split along the bottom edge. major job to strip and reseal, dash out, steering column out, around 12 hours in total.
best way to be sure where your leak is from is to get some one to pour water around the suspected area once you have carpet and under lay removed and watch for leaks.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[Edited on 05-11-2013 by davegreen]
SXI - Matt

5th Nov 13 at 20:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I've literally got the same problem drivers foot well and stinks as well, going to look Thursday there goes my day off

Hoping it's the break servo, funny thing is sure it started after I had my air box removed and re fitted to gain access to my head light :-/ hoping it's not the pedal plate :-/

[Edited on 05-11-2013 by SXI - Matt]
tomo2k9

5th Nov 13 at 20:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

That looks like a rely big job Dave , don't fancy doin anything that major , good work though don't think I'd have the patients to do that haha , but ill defently pull my carpet back when I get some time , mite just take seats out an take the whole carpet out , the thing stinks so could do with a good dry out an a cake load of fabreeze
davegreen
Premium Member

5th Nov 13 at 21:05   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

not to bad to remove seats and carpet. underlay is a pig if you don't want to cut it as its one piece that goes behind heater matrix assembly. I cut mine then tapped it up when refitted. left carpets out for a week to dry. fitted underlay from the corsa im breaking. its not to bad job just a bit fiddly.
bigron1988

6th Nov 13 at 19:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by davegreen
just fixed my mums corsa which had the same problem, only it was the plate that the pedals bolt to.
sealant had gone hard and split along the bottom edge. major job to strip and reseal, dash out, steering column out, around 12 hours in total.
best way to be sure where your leak is from is to get some one to pour water around the suspected area once you have carpet and under lay removed and watch for leaks.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[Edited on 05-11-2013 by davegreen]

fuck, i did my girlfriends one as it had done the same and didnt have to do all that , i just took scuttle panel off, wiper motor then if you disconnect the brake pedal inside you can pull the servo out the way enough to re seal it , took me 1 hr 30 mins in total , then 30 mins to pull the carpet out been fine for the last 8 months
davegreen
Premium Member

7th Nov 13 at 06:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

this was the plate the servo bolts to, never been seal 100% from factory and the only way to remove it is a strip out. servo seal was ok. and as you say an easy fix.
SXI - Matt

7th Nov 13 at 08:14   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

A lot of people say empty the servo tank with a syringe before moving it, can you get away with out having to do this?

[Edited on 07-11-2013 by SXI - Matt]
davegreen
Premium Member

7th Nov 13 at 19:54   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't even disconnect the brake lines. theres plenty of movement if you just up clip the pipes and only disconnect the vaccum line at the servo.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » corsa c exlusiv , water in footwell 23 database queries in 0.1090171 seconds