corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Blyton Park - 27th October - £109

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Blyton Park - 27th October - £109
chris_uk
Premium Member

User status: Offline
8th Oct 13 at 15:19   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Im thinking about going as its going to be the last trackday for me this year, anyone else fancy it?
Kyle T
Premium Member

8th Oct 13 at 15:39   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Might come and watch... I've barred myself from doing another one this year as I've spent too much on the car.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
chris_uk
Premium Member

8th Oct 13 at 16:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

oh come on... its cheap..
Kyle T
Premium Member

8th Oct 13 at 16:45   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know, really need to stop though

Got my cage going in next month along with perspex windows and dry sump so really need to keep the money handy for now.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
chris_uk
Premium Member

8th Oct 13 at 17:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

yea but... £109.. and not very far away lol
Kyle T
Premium Member

8th Oct 13 at 17:28   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You ever been to that airfield circuit which used to be Mintex' test track near Sherburn?

Apparently they're doing monthly open pit lane days now for £50, there's one on the day before this Blyton day so thought I'd waddle down just to see what the circuit is like... pretty sure I'd be bored of cones and an airfield pretty quickly though.

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
chris_uk
Premium Member

8th Oct 13 at 17:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

they also kill your tyres ive avoided them for that reason.
Kyle T
Premium Member

8th Oct 13 at 17:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I know Elvington is harsh on tyres, someone on PH said that the Sherburn place "isn't too bad" but that could mean anything

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

11th Oct 13 at 12:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Blyton is a pants track!
chris_uk
Premium Member

11th Oct 13 at 12:33   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Is it? Looks alright, little flat, little narrow but should still be fun..
Wrighty

11th Oct 13 at 12:39   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
Blyton is a pants track!

seen/driven it lately then stig?
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

11th Oct 13 at 12:47   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Wrighty
quote:
Originally posted by VrsTurbo
Blyton is a pants track!

seen/driven it lately then stig?

Yes a couple months back
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

11th Oct 13 at 12:48   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
Is it? Looks alright, little flat, little narrow but should still be fun..

Its not that narrow. I just found a full day there boring compared to other tracks. Its a bit like Llandow. I wont bother with either of them again as they are just a bit meh
Kyle T
Premium Member

11th Oct 13 at 12:58   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

VRSTurbo is the only negative review I've read/heard of, everyone else seems to love it!

I'll reserve judgement till I attend myself though!

Lotus Elise 111R

Impreza WRX STi
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

11th Oct 13 at 13:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Kyle T
VRSTurbo is the only negative review I've read/heard of, everyone else seems to love it!

I'll reserve judgement till I attend myself though!

I think you dont get much because its cheap same as llandow there is a couple of negative reviews because it kills tyres but its a mundane track very much so compared to the bigger tracks. Even mallory is ten fold better
chris_uk
Premium Member

11th Oct 13 at 13:24   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The only critisism ive heard is that its too flat.. But that doesnt really bother me..
VrsTurbo
Premium Member

11th Oct 13 at 13:52   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by chris_uk
The only critisism ive heard is that its too flat.. But that doesnt really bother me..

there are 2 good parts. The last corner if your flat out the track drops and the back goes a bit light. And the long sweeping corner towards the car park is good!

I think in smaller cars it would be really fun. But highish power cars its a bit yawn

[Edited on 11-10-2013 by VrsTurbo]
chris_uk
Premium Member

11th Oct 13 at 14:43   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I actually thought the same about being in smaller cars with low power, mine is a really small car so size wise it should be great, but powerwise.. Not so much.. I dont think ill even be able to get my foot down for a decent amount of time.

Shall see.
SportBoy

11th Oct 13 at 20:47   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

been to blyton a few times as its local to me. its a good little track, will suit the 220 well imo. its no cadwell or donnington but still a good day out.
chris_uk
Premium Member

12th Oct 13 at 08:06   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Cool, im hoping to have my gopro setup by then so hopefully get some decent footage
Sean-B

12th Oct 13 at 11:17   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I didn't get above 3rd gear there. I found it fun but it was my first time on track.
chris_uk
Premium Member

12th Oct 13 at 14:30   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

What kinda speeds were you getting up to?
Sean-B

12th Oct 13 at 14:46   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

80-90 iirc was well over a year ago.
Adam_B

12th Oct 13 at 14:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

did it in my VX, was fun. Good circuit for pushing hard without much worry of stuffing it.

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Blyton Park - 27th October - £109 23 database queries in 0.1902881 seconds