corsasport.co.uk

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa D SRi 1.7 - Opinions?

New Poll
  Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Corsa D SRi 1.7 - Opinions?
dan_m1les

User status: Offline
7th Oct 13 at 13:36   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Anyone have much experience with these? Possibly going to look at a 57 plate one local to me on Saturday.

Tax is £100ish and insurance should be cheap too with a pretty good MPG? Espicially with the 6 gears?

ianofbhills

7th Oct 13 at 16:49   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I own an 07 1.7cdti engined corsa d but mine is Design spec not SRI.

tax is £105 for 12 months and insurance for me is cheap but i am old and have full ncb.

Fuel economy wise its pretty good but not amazing. I get roughly 46mpg averaged over several tanks with mixed driving. I do have a heavy right foot but its definitely not as good on diesel as my old 1.3 cdti Corsa D.

My 1.7 has been remapped to just over 160bhp and a load of torque so is really nice to drive and surprisingly nippy albeit a bit laggy. Some people say the later 130bhp models are nicer to drive with the turbo kicking in earlier.

They are not that common with the 1.7 engine so if you dislike the one you have found it might prove difficult to locate another within reasonable distance. Its also worth bearing in mind the 1.3 cdti can be had in 90bhp spec with the 6 speed gearbox and a remap will take it to 125bhp the same as a stock early 1.7 and they seem to be a lot more common.

Check to see if the glowplugs have been replaced. When they fail they can be a bastard to remove and snap in the head meaning a cylinder head off job to drill them out and a big bill. The engine bay is very tight and a lot of things need to be removed for access so labour costs are high.

They also have the m32 gearbox which is notorious for bearing failures but i think that is more so on the 1.9 engines in astras/vectras etc i've not heard of a 1.7 with m32 bearing failure.

Rear brake calipers are the same as vxr and are common to seize on so check the handbreak releases and the rear wheels are not getting warm after a drive.

Rear wheel bearings are also crap but its a cheap quick and easy job to replace those.
bazzaa

7th Oct 13 at 22:37   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

mate had a sri one with a tuning box went well
dan_m1les

7th Oct 13 at 22:55   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Thanks for the info, if I can get 50mpg it would be good as that's double the civic!

I've heard horror stories but there are horror stories with all cars are there not?
VegasPhil
Premium Member

8th Oct 13 at 19:20   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

How much are they?

Corsa 2.0 16v Vegas - Sold
dan_m1les

8th Oct 13 at 20:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

This one is up at £6500 for a "immaculate" 57 plate with 30k
ianofbhills

9th Oct 13 at 02:48   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Seems expensive tbh.
I'd sell mine for £3.5k
dan_m1les

9th Oct 13 at 08:11   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Oh really? May have to have another look around then!
John

9th Oct 13 at 08:15   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

The cheapest sri on autotrader is just under 6k. If it is actually immaculate, that's probably a good price.

Diesel Corsa D's seem to hold their value extremely well.
dan_m1les

9th Oct 13 at 09:38   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Just had an email from the garage saying its sold anyway so
Joey 1.6 sport

9th Oct 13 at 12:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Chap at my work just bought one 2007 50.000 private sale £5k

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » General Chat » Corsa D SRi 1.7 - Opinions? 23 database queries in 0.0096328 seconds