Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Safe Standing

Poll: Safe Standing
Should be brought in 21 (72.41%)
Shouldn't be brought in 3 (10.34%)
Undecided 2 (6.9%)
]v[ark click here 3 (10.34%)

New Poll
  <<  1    2  >> Subscribe | Add to Favourites

You are not logged in and may not post or reply to messages. Please log in or create a new account or mail us about fixing an existing one - register@corsasport.co.uk

There are also many more features available when you are logged in such as private messages, buddy list, location services, post search and more.

Author Safe Standing
Hammer

User status: Offline
25th Sep 13 at 09:22   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24232993

Looks as if we've got the ball rolling on its introduction within Celtic Park.

What's your view on it? Think I know what the general consensus will be from speaking to football fans in general but it would be interesting to see what others think down South?
Steve
Premium Member

25th Sep 13 at 09:26   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Should. It's safe I don't see the issue. Hillsborough isn't going to happen again, even if you bought back terrace
JonnyJ

25th Sep 13 at 09:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Yep and credit to the SPL and Celtic for hopefully kick starting it in the UK. Hopefully it will be a roaring success and it will get rolled out in the English leagues.

It's not perfect but it's better than all seaters
Cavey

25th Sep 13 at 10:54   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

I think it HAS to be brought in, should also be with cheaper tickets to get people going to matches more again.

Crewe tickets are 25 quid or so for an adult, someone I know paid £20 for a Stockport ticket recently. Its ridiculous IMO.

As a kid I loved being crushed into the pop side of the Alex with a few thousand other people, atmosphere was amazing, and kids always got to the front, was always a good experience
Cavey

25th Sep 13 at 10:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

And if people use Hillsborough as an excuse not to, they're morons, football has come.on so far since then, and it was due to poor policing and managing of the area. That wouldn't happen these days
Hammer

25th Sep 13 at 11:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

You'd like to think the fact there is already a German model in place which can convert standing areas to all-seating with a few clicks for European football plus the simple fact that it works in the Bundesliga to start with would stop anyone from opposing it.

We're co-operating fully with Glasgow City Council over the Commonwealth Games so you'd imagine there must have been assurances we will get the proper H+S certification put in place otherwise we wouldn't be pursuing it!
JonnyJ

25th Sep 13 at 11:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Cavey
And if people use Hillsborough as an excuse not to, they're morons, football has come.on so far since then, and it was due to poor policing and managing of the area. That wouldn't happen these days

pisses me off when I hear the parents of victims saying that by going back to standing we're going back to the dark ages and endangering more lives completely ignoring what actually caused the deaths of those people. Poor policing and planning.
Nath

25th Sep 13 at 12:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Given the choice I'll stand everytime.
chrisritch

25th Sep 13 at 13:03   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

If it reduces ticket prices so normal people can actually afford to go then its a good idea. If not then they can all burn.
Robbo

25th Sep 13 at 13:56   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

YES YES FUCKING YES

Even if its only 1 stand per seat its better than nothing, that can be gradually incresed in minor increments if needs be

The world is not the same as the 1980s, standard terracing would be legitimately perfrctly safe in this day and age at modern stadia as they know exactly how many people come through the door.

http://www.corsasport.co.uk/board/viewthread.php?tid=659193
Robbo

25th Sep 13 at 13:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Hammer
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24232993

Looks as if we've got the ball rolling on its introduction within Celtic Park.

What's your view on it? Think I know what the general consensus will be from speaking to football fans in general but it would be interesting to see what others think down South?
Also, SO glad that a proper big club is getting behind it (in additon to Villa formally and Arsenal/Man City informally) as this will truly push it into the public consciousness
Hammer

25th Sep 13 at 15:40   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Never noticed the thread, was expecting that to be from years ago when I opened it

We've conducted a social media poll as well as lettering all Season Ticket holders which will form a body of evidence when we take it to the relevant authorities. Hopefully with a bit of momentum we could have it in place properly for season after next.
JonnyJ

25th Sep 13 at 16:57   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Safe standing is such a shit term though, makes it sound like terraces are DANGEROUS PLACES.

BTW which bumder voted no?
dava.

25th Sep 13 at 17:07   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

with Rangers being down the depths of Scottish football and getting to go to some very basic stadiums for away games the last two seasons, actually enjoyed heading back to terraces and any one been at that did have seats we all just stood anyways. . hopefully this comes to something and will save smaller teams moving up having to build all seater stadiums
Cavey

25th Sep 13 at 17:23   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by JonnyJ
Safe standing is such a shit term though, makes it sound like terraces are DANGEROUS PLACES.

Steve?
Hammer

26th Sep 13 at 10:01   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Agreed but you can see where it comes from, especially in our case when a section of the stand was being threatened to be closed by H+S from the Council because of excessive lateral movement.
_Allan_

8th Oct 13 at 15:33   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:

Kevin Williams
Robbo

8th Oct 13 at 15:58   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Villa are balloting members to find out if they want to turn part of the Hoult End into safe standing, given the opoortunity by the gov't
Robbo

8th Oct 13 at 15:59   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Never noticed the thread, was expecting that to be from years ago when I opened it

We've conducted a social media poll as well as lettering all Season Ticket holders which will form a body of evidence when we take it to the relevant authorities. Hopefully with a bit of momentum we could have it in place properly for season after next.
They were, int he 1980s... culture has moved on and i dont think anyone has the desire to be squished in whilst they watch a football match. At an all-action concert/gig/festival etc., then it's fine but no-one wants that at football (IMO) so it wont happen again. One of the redic reaosns used against a retutn ro modern terracing
JonnyJ

8th Oct 13 at 16:09   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

quote:
Originally posted by Robbo
quote:

They were, int he 1980s... culture has moved on and i dont think anyone has the desire to be squished in whilst they watch a football match. At an all-action concert/gig/festival etc., then it's fine but no-one wants that at football (IMO) so it wont happen again. One of the redic reaosns used against a retutn ro modern terracing

I want that. Feeling like you're going to die if you score is awesome. Luckily you can still get that in the lower leagues, Wimbledon and Accrington away are good memories of such events
Robbo

10th Oct 13 at 15:53   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

98% of aston villa fans responded favourably to the clubs questionnaire! About 2/3rds actually want to stand, the rest (mostly) want the option and then a small numbr of liverpool fans seem to have voted too
Nath

10th Oct 13 at 16:26   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Peterborough's terrace is still brilliant. Also the most dangerous place I've stood, when Luton scored there one year I thought it was curtains for me
IvIarkgraham
Premium Member

10th Oct 13 at 16:32   View Garage View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

obsessed
Cavey

19th Oct 13 at 08:05   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

United are considering trying to trial it now.

Although it got quite a muted response on talksport, I would of thought they'd be all for it. Was some stupid quotes from people saying it could bring back tribalism and cause trouble. Mainly because they don't understand the word "safe" in safe standing.

Its definitely gathering pace thouglgh, i think if it got a favourable response from Liverpool fans it would probably go ahead. I don't know what they think of it though.

Does need to be explained to people though that its not crowding 1000s of people into 1 stand and its completely regulated
Dave

19th Oct 13 at 08:25   View User's Profile U2U Member Reply With Quote

Obviously a different sport but new build RL stadiums like Halliwell Jones at Warrington have been built with stands that are all terraced. I think, although I haven't been, the Salford City stadium and St Helens new ground are the same.

<<  1    2  >>

New Poll

Corsa Sport » Message Board » Off Day » Sports Day » Safe Standing 25 database queries in 0.2217901 seconds